Roy Halladay Will Have a Full-Page Ad in the Daily News Tomorrow Thanking Fans

Voila_Capture788

via Ryan Lawrence, Daily News

I’m crying.

[The class act did this when he left Toronto, too.]

• Clarkie Hughes December 9, 2013 at 4:15 pm

Class act all the way (unlike the trash across the street). Sorry he didn’t get the World Series he deserved.

• Dummy December 9, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Every big name player everywhere does this

• drew s December 9, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Thank you, Roy.

• sput nick December 9, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Philly should be thanking Roy.

Amaro on the other hand should apologize for running this team into the ground.

• Kay December 9, 2013 at 4:55 pm

1 year year Doc!!!!

• Thomas E Merschen December 9, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Come on guys…. I dont get this city’s love affair with this guy. He was an average player at best. Even Tommy Greene had a no hitter. He had like two good seasons with Toronto and one good game here. Brett Myers has a better playoff record, and a World Series Ring. Boo ya!

• Tim Conks December 9, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Speaking of tommy Greene, I ran into him at the #1 in nww last summer. Dude looks like he’s juicing

• Thomas Bozo Merschen December 9, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Really Dude where have you been the last 10 years of baseball. You must have been stuck in a country that only allows for soccer to play on TV. This guy was one of the best pitchers over the last 10 years and his work ethic wore off on many of his peers. This guy is the epitome of a ball player something you clearly do not recongnize you must be a jose reyes fan or something.

• Charlie Brown December 9, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Mr. Merschen, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

• srl19 December 9, 2013 at 5:31 pm

A simple “wrong” would have done just fine..

• Kevin's Dugout December 9, 2013 at 5:28 pm

Fuck doc!! He killed the phils the last 2 seasons .
    I’m still fired up I drafted him #1 in my fantasy league 2 years ago. .

• Vic Vinegar December 9, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Well you’re an idiot for drafting him #1 and also for playing fantasy baseball in the first place.

Anyone else think RAJ paid Doc top dollar to retire just to take the wind out of the Birds’ sails?

• Maxie December 9, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Class guy, class act and a true professional who set a good example. I know this is the best decision and I am grateful he did not let himself go the way of Steve Carlton and quit while he was ahead. But I am filling up anyway. I am so sorry he did not win a WS, he certainly worked hard enough for it.

• chris December 10, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Just like to give props to Halladay. One if the most effective and classiest pitchers for the last fifteen years. Along with ChrisCarpenter two prime exanples how theBlue JAYS franchise builds character and talent. He should definitely be in the HOF; if he pitched in the 60s or 70s he most likely would have approached 300 wins.
    HE was a horse and deserves accollades galore.