The Flyers Will Wear a Philly Police Department Crest on Their Jerseys Thursday

Photo: Flyers

Photo: Flyers

From the press release:

The Philadelphia Flyers will honor the Philadelphia Police Department and the Police Athletic League (PAL) as part of their game against the Columbus Blue Jackets at the Wells Fargo Center on Thursday, December 19 at 7 p.m.

This special theme night will begin with the Flyers wearing the Philadelphia Police Department crest on the right chest of their home sweaters worn during pre-game warm-ups. The entire roster of jerseys will be available for auction at MeiGray.com, the official game-worn jersey source of the Flyers, on Friday, December 20, with proceeds benefitting Flyers Charities.

Of course, if you’re a Flyers beat writer, they’re wearing them tonight. Echo chamber up in herrrrrrr:

Voila_Capture856

No, sillies!

Voila_Capture857

Anyway, I’m guessing Pat Sajak finds irony in the Flyers wearing a law enforcement badge on their sweaters:

[Can we talk about what a douche Sajak has been lately?]

• Mike Saunders December 17, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Heard the flyers & the philly cops are having a beef n beer after the game

• Pat Sajak December 17, 2013 at 12:13 pm

The chosenites who own the NFL rigging games? Say it aint so

• Jimmy Russell December 17, 2013 at 12:15 pm

are they going to wear patches honoring all the people that pay these welfare pigs’ salaries?… the taxpayers?

• juicy fruid December 17, 2013 at 12:25 pm

I bet you’re a real winner.

• Chris December 17, 2013 at 12:26 pm

No, they’re not, because that would be retarded.

• Catch a damned pass December 17, 2013 at 12:39 pm

You must be colored.

• Jimmy Russell December 17, 2013 at 12:45 pm

i’m not. you must be though, defending your fellow welfare recipient

• Walk December 17, 2013 at 1:28 pm

I believe we pay our on salaries because we also pay taxes . I would love to put you in in our shoes and see how you can handle a situation on the streets of Philly, see how you deal with a gun pointed at you or see a older person robbed because of the age and they can’t defend themselves. Why dont you go to a District and ask to do a ride along , they are available in youe neighborhood and see what we do before you RUN YOUR MOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Jimmy Russell December 17, 2013 at 1:49 pm

you pay a small percent of your entire wage… all of which comes from people that work real jobs… you know…. jobs where you’re actually responsible for your actions, can be fired, and where your wages come from people voluntarily giving you money because you provided a good/service… a private security firm wouldn’t hire half the knuckle draggers the city hires to be cops.

also way to destroy that stereotype of cops being irrational, delusional rage bags that have unresolved personal anger problems (most likely from a bad childhood, so it’s not all your fault) CAPS LOCK BROE11111!!

• frydatbacon December 17, 2013 at 2:22 pm

OH SHIT!!! PIGGY GOT OWNED!!!

• Walk December 17, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Don’t think so my man

• Walk December 17, 2013 at 2:38 pm

It seems to me I believe you work at McDonald’s, you flip hamburgers and give a good service to all your customers for a minimum wage. Don’t judge the book by the cover young man, because Your going to need us before we need you.

• Jimmy Russell December 17, 2013 at 3:46 pm

lol what’s that make you if the neckbeards working at mcdonalds are the ones paying for your salary

• Juicy Fruid December 17, 2013 at 3:29 pm

You must hate teachers, construction workers, grocers, and everyone else who works in a union then right?

• Blue4Life December 17, 2013 at 4:44 pm

You must have gotten rejected from the PPD or not educated enough to be a cop. I’m betting you’re unemployed or might as well be. Loser. Your mother should have swallowed you. Go kill yourself (your gonna do it at some point anyway).

• Low_IQ_Bacon December 17, 2013 at 4:54 pm

HAHAAAAAAA dumb fuck PIGGY

Judge Rules That Police Can Bar High I.Q. Scores

• Jimmy Russell December 17, 2013 at 5:30 pm

aww look at the overweight donut hoarder getting mad because he just got smacked with the reality that his entire paycheck comes from people that actually work. a mom joke AND a “kill yourself” comment? did I expect anything less from the PPDs finest? now get outside.. go shoot someones dog, tip over a basketball net, arrest a kid for pot.. do something. I’m gonna get back to work. Your salary isn’t gonna pay itself!

• Sandi December 18, 2013 at 1:31 pm

U r so right Walk

• Scott December 17, 2013 at 6:58 pm

You’re a disrespectful pussy,you get no pussy, and you were without a doubt raised a pussy. Fight me. I will give you all my info to easily find me. I won’t hold my breath for your response. Fucking rodent.

• Jimmy Russell December 17, 2013 at 8:31 pm

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

• Kev Mac December 17, 2013 at 9:42 pm

You should really get out of your moms basement and stop playing video games

• Ithurtswhenilaugh December 18, 2013 at 10:52 am

Blah blah blah..Loser !

• Ithurtswhenilaugh December 18, 2013 at 10:54 am

I bet this guy is a short fat white dude who plays video game all day in his mama’s basement lol…I can’t stop laughing.

• Player 105 December 19, 2013 at 12:43 am

Gorilla warfare, huh? I’m interested to see what that is, if it’s anything like guerrilla warfare, I think we’re all in for a treat!

• Scott December 17, 2013 at 7:00 pm

^^ jerkoff Russell

• Support our Police December 17, 2013 at 8:04 pm

You should be greatful for the Philadelphia Police. If they weren’t around, I’m sure there would have been multiple people that would have knocked you dead already. Most likely for being super unintelligent, ignorant and having a whore for a mother. By the way, these men put their lives on the line every day rather than sit behind a desk and kiss their bosses ass like a little bitch. If I didn’t know any better myself I would say a cop stole your girlfriend. Can’t hold a grudge forever my dude. You will eventually need their help and like the respectful humans that the are, they will overlook the fact that you are a complete douchebag. Although I really wish they wouldn’t cause you my friend need a wake up call. And in the end all that matters is that the police will be laughing through their retirement with their gorgeous shore houses purchased with these pensions and you…. Will not.

• Kev Mac December 17, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Hey jackass we get a salary so can’t be welfare

• Jimmy Russell December 17, 2013 at 10:13 pm

salary from taxes aka OTHER peoples’ money

• nick papagiorgio December 18, 2013 at 1:59 pm

What does that even mean? winner

• Candy from the Oak December 17, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Can see all the flyers calf tat fans running out tonight for that patch on their winter classic jersey.

• Your Mother December 17, 2013 at 12:28 pm

If they wore the uniforms of the police dept it would look real to life with the police smashing people into the boards and beating the fuck out of everyone in sight. That would be awesome….

• William Y. Giles December 17, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Back in the day, the Phillies gave out free bats to all kids. Are the Flyers giving out night sticks?

• 3 Finger Lenny December 17, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Eddie Snider probably pulled this cop patch move to get his players out of any future DUI’s a la pellie

• Scott December 17, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Pellie got himself out of it dickhead. He’s dead. Chump

• Get Bent, Sajack December 17, 2013 at 1:11 pm

GO F_CK Y_O_RSELF

Go buy a vowel.

• Get Bent, Sajack December 17, 2013 at 1:11 pm

GO F_CK YO_RSELF

Go buy a vowel.

• Miriam Webster December 17, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Go buy a dictionary…..

• Sho Nuff's Afro Puffs December 17, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Winner!! LOL

• scott December 17, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Bunch of frat boys with badges. Ppd are a bunch of pussies

• Scott December 17, 2013 at 7:01 pm

No bigger pussy than someone who hides behind a computer.

• Scott December 17, 2013 at 7:05 pm

And no bigger idiot than someone who doesn’t look at the name of someone defending them to see its the same as the asshole and uses that name for a corny joke…one less cop ill defend on here.

• PPD December 17, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Looks like Scott got rejected from a lot of frats in his day, poor guy. Go stand on the corner of 52nd and market without a fratboy with a badge nearby, those corner boys love guys named Scott over there!

• Ithurtswhenilaugh December 18, 2013 at 10:57 am

A guy named Scott would be a victim at the corner of 52 / market if the police isn’t around.

• Dan December 17, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Oh no please defend us Scott, your comments are so witty and insightful! And if this is Scottie Hartnell learn how to skate bro

• Kevin Maas December 17, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Nothing but respect for ppd. Don’t know how you guys deal with those animals (blacks) on a daily basis

• Mikey Miss's Politically Correct Anti-Racist Lip Service December 17, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Hey, that’s a violation bro!

• TJ December 17, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Can’t believe people are bashing the ppd. Animals

• Steve L. December 17, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Yea I was gonna come in here and say something to this clowns. My dad was a cop and was murdered 5 years ago, so its hurtfull to see shit like this.

Then I remembered Im above all these assholes who act tough behind computers. Yet I bet the are the firs to call the cops when they are in trouble.

• Whoop December 17, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Wonder if Sajak will have any smart ass comments after that suspendable hit on schenn.

• Alexander Durning December 18, 2013 at 9:25 am

It took all but 10 seconds to realize that everyone posting comments here has some serious mental issues to work out. I’m not going to speak for the P.P.D. but as a former Pennsylvania State Trooper I dislike the stigma that police officers are afforded by civilians. If done right and with pure intentions, police work is easily one of the most stressful, time-consuming, and gratifying jobs a person can have. Please respect those who protect the streets and question those who only pretend to. Philadelphia is the home of this nation, let’s work together to keep it safe.

• AJH131 December 18, 2013 at 11:19 am

I guess anyone that defends our country doesn’t have a “real job” either, considering soliders are paid from our taxes. Get a clue Russell! While you sit behind your desk in your climate controlled office, sipping on your Starbucks, the brave men and women of the PPD are out risking their lives. You couldn’t fathom for a second the danger and personal sacrifices these people make on a daily basis because you misguidedly believe the false stereotype that all police officers are lazy, violent, abusing thugs with no souls. I find that a majority of people that people who bash police officers are either criminals (or other assortments of douchebaggery that the police deal with on a consistent basis) or just jealous mentally deficient imbeciles who know deep down inside that the police officers they loathe are better human beings than they are. Grow up virgin!

• nick papagiorgio December 18, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Little Scott def got his ass kicked…..deservedly so….

• Poopies December 18, 2013 at 10:19 pm

This type of stuff they do always makes me laugh.

Like when they show players entering the building “donating” food. Ever notice every player drops the same cans of soup in the box?

Oh the USA chants too. Lolz, that will really get a rise out of these Canadians