ESKIN SAVES CATALDI! MAN BITES DOG!

Voila_Capture1056

Here’s one you weren’t expecting: Spike Eskin saved Angelo Cataldi’s life yesterday.

Per the conversation on the WIP Morning Show today, Eskin performed the Heimlich on Cataldi during a video shoot for a spoof of a Super Bowl commercial yesterday. As part of the skit, Angelo had to eat a cheesesteak while performing a dance move, but swallowed too much meat (…). He began choking, and that’s when Spike stepped in.

Peter Mucha of the Inquirer has the transcription from the show:

Eskin at first wondered if Cataldi, known for overdramatizing and kidding, was kidding.

When he realized it was serious, it was “here we go,” Eskin said.

“I think I must have done it five or six times before it came out,” Eskin said.

Cataldi hadn’t been able to breathe for about a minute, he said.

Why were your clothes on the floor next to you? cohost Keith Jones mockingly asked.

“We’re married in seven countries,” Eskin joked back.

And in 16 states.

Here’s Cataldi reacting to the Philly.com headline.

The comments on this one should be fun.

• The Cuz January 28, 2014 at 10:24 am

Spike! That’s so AWESOMEEEE Cuz, good for you man! Imagine if this happened to me..What would Mas do without me!? Wish it happened to Glen instead…

Forreal though. First, this story is so fucking fake it makes me sicker than Angelo’s colon. Secondly, if it were to actually happen I think we can all agree that we wish it would be Rhea

• FREE KWAME!!! January 28, 2014 at 10:46 am

Please dude, you must be gay. My ultimate fantasy is banging Rhea and Dei Lynam suffocating me with her giant boulders.

• The Cuz January 28, 2014 at 10:58 am

I sit next to her in the studio everyday, I’m fully aware of how nasty Rhea’s snatch is

• FREE KWAME!!! January 28, 2014 at 11:06 am

I want to smell how nasty it is… From the inside

• Cecil Cooper January 28, 2014 at 11:45 am

Who do you think has the bigger rack, Dei Lynam or Christine Maddela on NBC.

• FREE KWAME!!! January 28, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Dei. She has a rack like Christy Canyon.

Now Rhea, I want to motorboat her 12 inch clit like I’m playing the kazoo.

• Busty Lynam January 29, 2014 at 12:09 am

Christy Canyon has nothing on me!

• Josh Innes is the worst January 28, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Won’t be long until Rob Ellis quits or gets fired after brawling that fat fake South Philly toughguy Gargano.

• Cartman January 28, 2014 at 10:27 am

I miss the days when the original Angelo was here and would claim that he puke that meat up on Rhea’s veal cutlets and make Morganti eat it off. Then diarrhea in her mouth.

• Mellonhead January 28, 2014 at 10:28 am

Imagine the awesome tributes to Angelo Friday at the Wingbowl if wolf-man let him die

• Maxie January 28, 2014 at 10:43 am

This is total BS; believe me if it were true Cataldi would have taken himself to the ER and gotten a day off for it. He is such a crybaby.

• Faux Kyle January 28, 2014 at 10:46 am

Total Bull Shit story! Trying to promote wing bowl which has “Jumped the Shark” Sad state of affairs for Morning Sports talk in Philly. Between the garbage on WIP and the lame Mike & Mike show.

• Glen Macnow January 28, 2014 at 10:47 am

I can’t believe that Spike Eskin, aka Rocky Dennis, would save that fat whale Cataldi. We could have had Julie Dorenbos as the new show host and we could have all imagined her huge tits everyday while driving to work. Then we could have fired that no talent baba booey looking Rhea.

• Di & Rhea January 29, 2014 at 12:16 am

Julie Dumbass can’t put 3 words together. I’d be a much better host.

(Oh, and Baba Booey has brown hair. YOU don’t want to get on my bad side, Glen!)

• Ike Reese January 28, 2014 at 10:55 am

Also I would hope that that fat ass Cataldi would stop referring to Natalie Egenoff as the smoke show. She is average at best with a below average body. Maybe a 5 or a 6 at best.

• Kacie McDonnell's Teeth January 28, 2014 at 10:57 am

I can’t stand that too!!! What exactly does that chick do anyway

• William Rhodes January 28, 2014 at 11:23 am

Looking at her photos, Natalie is a very attractive woman but “smokeshow” should be reserved for college-aged chicks wearing bikinis.

• Natalie Egenolf January 28, 2014 at 1:12 pm

If you’re going to rip me, at least have the decency to spell my last name correctly. Egenolf*

• Colonel Potter January 28, 2014 at 2:47 pm

I would say that Natalie is probably a 6 maybe a 7. She has no rack and had alot of problems reading the cue cards on tv. But all and all she is a little better than average.

• Busty Lynam January 29, 2014 at 12:20 am

Hit the road, you no-talent skank!

• Swiss Cheese Guy January 29, 2014 at 10:55 am

Hey smoked-ass, no one cares. Now get back under the desk.

• Scott Rolen January 28, 2014 at 11:02 am

If true, yet another reason to dislike the Eskin tribe.

• Sheckler January 28, 2014 at 11:08 am

I know people will think I’m lying, but I’ll tell my breif Spike Eskin story anyways:

I vividly recall a conversation I had with Spike when he started doing rock radio for WYSP at night spinning records and talking a bit between songs. He point-blank told me “I’m not even a sports fan, I’m a music guy” and also commented “When I was younger and tried watching sports, I didn’t even like the Eagles, I was a cowboys fan.”

He was trying as hard as possible to get away from his Dad’s image. It makes my skin crawl listening to this fraud on sports talk now. Dude is in it for the paycheck, he’s essentially a fucking hipster that’s forced to cover sports.

• Sheckler January 28, 2014 at 11:12 am

Let me repeat myself. My post above is not a fucking troll comment one bit. I had that conversation with him probably back in 2008 or 2009.

• K Shaw January 28, 2014 at 11:41 am

Yea that sounds about right. My buddy worked at WYSP in the mid 2000’s with Spike and he was all about rock music, new next to nothing about Philly sports. But I can’t blame the guy, it was take the sports job or hit the welfare lines.

• TR January 28, 2014 at 11:42 am

dude who cares? I’m willing to bet half of the staff of WIP and the Fanatic dont care about sports either? You think people like Cataldi actually put the effort in to watch games? They have not a clue about sports. They just focus on what is going to sell to the fans for the week. In addition, im sure a lot of these guys are just tired of it after covering it for so long. the only ones that really love and follow sports are the ones that are new to the industry

• billy January 28, 2014 at 12:27 pm

most of them are relatively clueless. They have WIP/ESPN employees give them topics and facts to talk about and most of them never answer any insightful questions….just make their airtime responding to the 8th guy today asking if Foles if for-real. Ike Reese is one of the few guys on either station I enjoy listening too because he actually played once and always shares quite a few insights from the locker room / field / etc. But he cares about Michigan State / Lakers more than any pro or college team in Philly. You are crazy if you think he goes home and watching Flyers-Islanders instead of Sparty-Ohio State.

They spend their evenings writing books that end up at Ollies Outlet for $2.99 next year or watching movies instead of games. Truly listen and they’ll even say “i missed that game” “i didn’t watch it” when it’s the only sports related event on television that night.

• C January 28, 2014 at 11:22 am

Too bad.. shoulda let that fat disgusting pig choke. Spikes cool, but sheckler’s comments the truth. He stumbled into the job at wip when they took over wysp. alot of ysp’ers who had no interest in sports trickled over to wip…

• William Rhodes January 28, 2014 at 11:25 am

Eh, whatever. People adapt. I thought I’d have Leo DiCaprio’s life but I’m a CPA.

• DeMeco Ryans January 28, 2014 at 11:25 am

Spike Eskin is a loser. If you have anything to say negative about him, he will block from Twitter and respond with childish remarks. Let’s face it without his dad, he would be selling pretzels at the corner of Broad and Oregon. Total loser.

• Pretzel Guy @ Broad & Oregon January 28, 2014 at 12:44 pm

I’ll remember to scratch my balls and wiggle my finger in my asshole next time you buy pretzels off me.

• Howard S. Kin January 28, 2014 at 2:17 pm

I wouldn’t have saved that fat turd. He’s lucky it was my son around and not me. By the way see me at Ponzio’s on Saturday morning while I’m eating my waffles with loads of butter and syrup followed by 3 cheese blintzes.

• Angelo from the Morning Show January 28, 2014 at 2:24 pm

I don’t know what happened as everyone on Samson St knows I have always been able to swallow a lot of meat with no problem.

• The Lost Season January 28, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Wow Cataldi choking in the studio and Missanelli not even in sight.

• Nat's quarterback January 28, 2014 at 8:04 pm

Nat is only a stepping stone for me.
    I’ll wear that out, then move on.
    NFL draft baby! Check out my stats!

• Spike Eskin January 28, 2014 at 8:16 pm

I rule!

• Di & Rhea January 29, 2014 at 12:12 am

You dope! Why weren’t you on assignment that day?

• 97.5 Wishes Wing Bowl Was Twice a Year January 28, 2014 at 8:53 pm

It’s a little bit depressing to think that allegedly that close to being suddenly rid of Angelo Cataldi with total finality.

• AreYouKiddingMe January 28, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Son of a bitch, my prayers were almost answered. God damn you Spike Eskin. It would be so nice not to have to hear that ass clown verbally rape every set of tits that walks into the WIP studio.

• Di & Rhea January 29, 2014 at 12:11 am

Spike Eskin saved Cataldi’s life?

Like Jonesy said (many times) after saving Lindros’ life: “Everybody makes mistakes.”

• cous big hairy butt January 29, 2014 at 8:57 am

does dei have a big dumper?

• The pubic January 29, 2014 at 10:12 am

Why can’t Angelo live and Spikefraud die?

• MICHAEL BARKANN January 29, 2014 at 11:01 am

HEY, I’D LIKE THE ENTIRE WIP STUDIO COMPLEX TO IMPLODE AND BE REPLACED BY A PARKING LOT, SO COMCAST SPORTSNET COULD REGAIN ITS RIGHTFUL PLACE AS THE “HUB” OF PHILLY SPORTS, BUT YOU DON’T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WISH FOR.

• Spike girl January 29, 2014 at 10:16 am

Do me for 20$

• Di & Rhea January 29, 2014 at 10:37 am

Wait, is this Desean Jackson? He’s the only one dumb enough not to know the dollar sign goes to the left of the number.

• Kent Teculve January 29, 2014 at 10:46 am

I wish that loud mouth Cindy Webster PR person for Wip would just leave. She is nothing more than and old groupie.

• Angelo's Inner Voice January 29, 2014 at 10:58 am

Groupies?

Cole Hamels has Cindy Webster,
      Kent Tekulve has that chaperone lady in “A League of Their Own”

• Sean Brace January 29, 2014 at 12:34 pm