The Eagles are Adding Seats and Raising Ticket Prices

Screen Shot 2014-02-06 at 11.34.05 AM
Still no power in my dwelling. The dog and I have relocated for the day. I wrote 10 blog posts for 45,000 views on half an iPad charge with LTE yesterday. I don’t know, I think that should be in an Apple commercial.

Success! Winning! TICKET PRICE HIKES!

The Eagles today announced that they will be adding seats (they desperately want to get to 70,000 so they can host a Super Bowl) and raising prices on 52% of tickets:

Seats are being added on all levels of the building – lower bowl, mid level and upper level. The seats added to the lower bowl will have a Stadium Builders License, which will maintain the integrity and value of the SBLs that were originally sold in 2003. All season tickets in the lower bowl will continue to have a seat license.

“Over the years we have received a number of requests from our season ticket members to purchase seat licenses, relocate their seats, or purchase additional tickets,” added Smolenski. “By adding new seats to our stadium, there are opportunities to fulfill some of these requests. Our ticket office will be managing this process over the next few months and we will be fair and flexible throughout the process.”

Approximately 52% of the tickets will increase in price, while 43% will stay the same and 5% will decrease. The previous stadium layout grouped tickets into five categories and the new layout will consist of eight.

This is in addition to new MASSIVE HD boards.

Everyone gripes when prices are raised, so you can insert yours here ______. But I see no problem with this. A new coach, a winning team, stadium upgrades, and actual useful green capabilities… it’s all worth it. Hell, they can double ticket prices for all I care if they make the Super Bowl next year. Or, you know, if they play another game in the snow so I can sell a bunch of product.

• Carmen Sandiego February 6, 2014 at 12:47 pm

45000 pages views. SICK BRO!

• Carmen Sandiego February 6, 2014 at 12:51 pm

It’s like 3rd world country out there in the Burbs today Kyle,

Bunker down the hatches

Can we get some boobs on the page today? That’d be great.

• Kyle Scott February 6, 2014 at 1:09 pm

It really is. My nine-screen Olympics battle plan is in serious doubt for the opening days.

• Loke February 6, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Still not going to an Eagles game. Sorry Jeff

• Sheckler February 6, 2014 at 1:25 pm

We don’t want you there anyways. Stay in Delco and black out at Barnabys

• Jeffrey Lurid February 6, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Sorry guys for more seats and price hike, but Cristina wants more alimony and I have been losing bad at the poker games at Squires.

You’ll pay it though as I have come to learn. You need that fix on Sundays.

• Seriously, bro February 6, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Talking about all of your apple devices doesn’t make you cool

• Clay February 6, 2014 at 2:35 pm

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE. Gay Jeffy said, AND I QUOTE, “The $125 milliom improvements WILL NOT BE PAID BY SEASON TICKET HOLDERS”..Bull fucking shit. I have seats in the lower level endzone that went up 23%!! in the past two years. Do the fucking math: Average 23% increase over two years is OVER $125 million. Fuck off you lying fuck.

• MmmmmmWaffles February 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm

Sweet. Give up your tix. Plenty will want them. Buy FLyers tix they’re much more reasonable. Oh wait. PS Shut up. If you cant pay, dont go. NO one cares about your plight.

• Jeffrey Lurid February 8, 2014 at 12:20 pm

Clayton,

Ordinarily, the business mantra is “the customer is always right”. But in my world, I have 40,000 potential customers begging for the chance to give me their money, so you are an insignificant wart on Joe Banner’s ass, as far as I’m concerned.

Cheers!
      Jeff

• Seth February 6, 2014 at 2:40 pm

When do tickets go on sale?

• GoyToy February 6, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Do you stupid goy slobs ever stop complaining? Shut the fuck up and bring me your money.

• Nicky Negadelphia February 6, 2014 at 3:17 pm

The sheeple will bitch & complain about the price hike but they’ll send Mr Lurie their hard earned money like the good little sheeple you really are.

• Jeffrey Lurid February 8, 2014 at 3:09 pm

That’s what I’m counting on! The Phllly Phaithful haven’t let me and my wallet down yet!

Cheers!
      Jeff

• Jeff Lurie's midnight green teddy February 6, 2014 at 6:41 pm

HA ha ha! You will always be a slave to my mediocre team I own you and you will always pay for everything I need. I don’t even care about this team. Hell I am from Boston and a die hard patriots fan if you forgot.I also changed the uniforms to a pathetic color of green just to Piss my slaves off. If this was Jacksonville and nobody came I would took your giggles to LA long ago. Hahaha

• Jeff Lurie's midnight green teddy February 6, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Iggles

• Jeff February 6, 2014 at 8:08 pm

Someone has to pay for Jeff’s divorce, and that someone are the fans. I bet beer and concessions go up as well