Mike Richards Wheeled Out the Ol’ “Philly Booed Santa Claus” Line Last Night

Voila_Capture 2014-03-25_09-20-15_AM

After the Kings beat the Flyers 3-2 last night, Mike Richards was asked about the reception given to Jeff Carter (who scored the Kings first goal) upon his first playing return to the Wells Fargo Center.* His answer was oh-so-passive-aggressive Mike Richards. From the Flyers’ city-leading PR department:

After what you did here for six years, is it surprising, the reaction of the fans for you and Jeff [Carter]?

“No, I got it last time so I gave him a heads up. They boo Santa Claus, so they’re not going to not boo Richards or Carter.”

False. I was at the last time. Richards was very well-received and given a brief thank you on the scoreboard. He was booed after initial pleasantries, but I believe it was after he did something positive for the Kings. It was very much a traditional thank you for your services now you’re our enemy sort of boo that we’re all very familiar with. But to imply that he got it last time is simply wrong.

And as for the Santa Claus part… ugh.

The game: Tough loss, but I absolutely loved the effort by the Flyers to come back from two goals down in the third. And I even more loved the effort in the final minutes. Claude Giroux was on the ice for three straight minutes (with a timeout in the middle) and was an absolute beast. He was all over the place last night. Ditto for Kimmo Timonen and Jake Voracek. But as for Vinny Lecavalier… he’s starting to look old. Missed a wide-open net in the second period, fumbled passes down the stretch, and was beat to the puck on one play where it looked like he was skating in quicksand. Glad Holmgren gave him a five-year contract.

*The Blue Jackets did come back with Carter, but he was hurt. So he rented a suite for all his cool friends:

Voila_Capture 2014-03-25_09-26-51_AM

Things have changed for Jeff since that photo was taken.

• Princess Sass's finger sniffer March 25, 2014 at 9:35 am

I’m sure Carts gives mean head now with the teeth missing.

• Candy from the Oak March 25, 2014 at 10:05 am

Him n carts out played that balding captian

• 3 Finger Lenny March 25, 2014 at 10:12 am

I wonder if carts & Richards fat fuck midget friend was there last night. I would love to knock that fat fuck out

• The Ol' Cartsnrichie Rimjob March 25, 2014 at 10:13 am

Kind of like how you can’t stop wheeling out the ol’ Richards and Carter updates? Huh Kyle? Huh?

• Rotting corpse March 25, 2014 at 10:20 am

Vinny for another 4 years with a NTC! Sweet signing.

• CM March 25, 2014 at 10:21 am

Richards played here for many years. Im sure he rolled out the Santa Claus line on purpose to annoy our fanbase. It was a good game last night except the first period. Im not sure why Mason wasnt in net. But I guess he does need a day off here and there.

• Ruck Fichards March 25, 2014 at 10:31 am

Hate to say it, but Lecavalier has been a massive letdown. I know he wasn’t the same player he used to be, but he’s really bringing nothing to to the table lately.

Richards can go F himself. He’s such a massive douche.

• Vinny Cav March 25, 2014 at 10:46 am

What do you expect when I have Steve Fucking Downie on my line! Give me a break!

• Cartman March 25, 2014 at 11:22 am

You’re… this… wat.

You’ve been on a line with Simmonds and Schenn for most of the year, Vinny. You’ve barely played with Downie at all.

You missed time earlier this season with a back injury, not a concussion. What’s going on in that noggin of yours?

• Ted Danson March 25, 2014 at 12:22 pm

Yea, you’ve been on the second line with Schenn and Simmonds since Hartnell replaced Raffl on the first line about three months ago…

• 2014=1993 March 25, 2014 at 10:38 am

I plan on putting sugar in Jeff Carters waverunners this summer in Sea Isle.

• Santa Claus March 25, 2014 at 10:49 am

Fuck both Richie and Cartsy. I’d boo both of their drunk asses, too.

I caught them tag-teaming Dancer and Prancer in Old City one foggy Christmas Eve. Pricks.

• Mr. Miyagi March 25, 2014 at 11:01 am

At least Santa delivered something in this town.

• Declan March 25, 2014 at 11:05 am

The current Kings leading scorer and Stanley Cup Champion Jeff Carter was the best player on the ice last night. Let that sink in, Philadelphia. Also, Mike Richards probably fucked your girlfriend.

• Dr. Lowell Meyerson, The Fanny Doctor March 25, 2014 at 11:25 am

Cartsy came to my office after the game with Richie and asked me to remove Richie’s dick from his……well, I’m the fanny doctor, you figure it out….

• Slammin Gretzky's Daughter March 25, 2014 at 11:34 am

Anze Kopitar actually has the most points on the Kings this year. 13 more than Carter. Carter has 46 points this year. Wow. He’s a good player but you can probably stop acting like the flyers traded away the second coming of Gretzky. Voracek and Couturier was a very good return for him.

• Declan March 25, 2014 at 12:23 pm

Leading scorer, dummy. He as the most goals and he missed 3 weeks with a concussion.

• Ted Danson March 25, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Scoring is consisted of goals and assists, dummy.

• Ted Danson March 25, 2014 at 12:25 pm

They also flipped that third-round pick from Columbus to get Nicklas Grossmann from Dallas.

Jakub Voracek, Sean Couturier, and Nicklas Grossmann for Jeff Carter. Yea, I’ll take it.

• Catch a damned pass March 25, 2014 at 12:02 pm

I’m glad he said it, let it sink in Kyle.

• Declan's cousin Brendan March 25, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Ted, Declan is about 14 and he jerks off to a poster of Jeff Carter, he surfaces every once in a while to bitch and troll about the carter and richards trades. he’s a fuckin dinosaur and not worth your effort.

• Declan's cousin Brendan March 25, 2014 at 12:41 pm

You can simply add up the dollars owed to that assclown carter vs. the salary owed to the players we got and see that the trade was the best thing to happen to the flyers. He tells you, well he was hurt Dummy. Well yeah, that’s part of what you get with Jeff Carter. The best player on the ice last night was Kopitar, he’s a beast, Quick and the Goal Posts ran a close second. The Flyers played a period of solid hockey and almost beat them.

• Bob March 25, 2014 at 12:53 pm

Is it about dollars or winning Cups? Those trades freed up money to sign Bryz whose dollars the Flyers salary cap would still be eating now and for years to come if it wasn’t for the amnesty which didn’t exist at the time of the trades. The fact that the younger guys are playing well now is the only thing bailing Homer out on those trades. That and the amnesty thing.

• 36th and Landis March 25, 2014 at 3:48 pm

I am going to kick cartsy square in the balls while wearing a santa clause hat at no shower happy hour memorial day weekend…