And Now, Lee Porter’s 2014 Comprehensive Citizens Bank Park Beer List

lee_beer_main

Local web series producer and food blogger Lee Porter has once again compiled his Citizens Bank Park beer list. You may be familiar with Lee’s work– last year, I went around with him as he charted every beer in the ballpark during the On-Deck series. This year, he had only one night to get it done– last Friday against the Pirates.

He notes that there is a MEGA CAN invasion at the ballpark, with choices ranging from horrific 25 oz. Budweisers to Goose Island (owned by Anheuser Busch-InBev) to Shock Top (owned by Anheuser Busch-InBev) to Brooklyn, Sam Adams and Troegs. Lee writes:

What does this all mean for you, the loyal Phillies/beer fan? Well, at first glance, due to the addition of a ton of mega cans, there appears to be less 12 ounce bottles and thus fewer local beers at Brewerytown locations. Secondly, rest assured, ALL local breweries are still represented in draft form throughout the ballpark. Third, after further “examination” (drinking), it means that you’ll enjoy a larger variety of beer at most standard kiosks/stands, not just the specialty stands. In year’s past, you’d have to race to certain locations to find a variety of beers. Now, you’ll always be able to fall back on some refreshing large cans at any location, like Goose Island and Stella brews.

Lee doesn’t include lousy domestics on his list (the cutoff is Stella, he told me last year). But he does break down selections by draft, bottle and can, and includes little details like where to find limes. And in fact, this year, the list is less of a list and more of an (outstanding!) searchable chart, organized by location. He even has dynamic search on this bad boy. For real, I had to give myself a timeout when this happened:

Beer_list1

Check out the full list. Bookmark it, too. Lee will be updating throughout the season.

You can also check out Lee’s work at ChocolateCoveredMemories.com and MyRuinedLife.com.

• Delco Jorts April 7, 2014 at 1:49 pm

Bud Light cans 4eva bro

• Turtle April 7, 2014 at 2:06 pm

i heard macnow’s brewery is a good time

• EJ from West Philly April 7, 2014 at 2:11 pm

What’s poppin good brotha,im kinda outraged,help me out here.

Where’s the St Ides,Olde English,Hurricane and Colt 45 malt liquor mention at?

• William Rhodes April 7, 2014 at 2:12 pm

The bruthas usually go with Budweiser in a pinch.

• This guy would wear a throwback phillies vest April 7, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Or is that a jacket? I can’t really tell.

Also if this list isn’t supposed to include lousy domestics, why is PBR on there? I’ll never understand the hipster affinity for that. It is a terrible beer that tastes like piss. Even some mass-produced domestics like Blue Moon, Sam Adams, etc have some kind of redeeming qualities to them that I can see why people like them. I’ll just never understand the PBR thing. I tried it twice just to make sure I wasn’t missing something and it was just as gross the second time. Why do people have to act like it’s so good?

• Daily News is Retarded April 7, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Bet you don’t even know what normcore is yet, either.

Conformist.

• Hizzoner Michael Gutter April 7, 2014 at 2:50 pm

Wow, it’s mid-afternoon, and there haven’t been any posts about Desean Jackson yet. How are we going to last 1 day without over-analyzing every angle of this fascinating story (again)?

• Really Dude? April 7, 2014 at 3:00 pm

“Oh Chad, do get a load of these lousy domestics! My but they are so common”, said Prince Kyle, as the light breeze rippled against his ironic tee shirt, and his iPod looped that one song by Foster The People into infinity.

• A raincoat April 7, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Yea so I was nit really needed and the game should have been played.. This was the worst call of all time to postpone a game a day early so the greedy Dave montgomeryberg and Ruben amarostein could fill the seats. I hate the Phil’s and will openly root for them to lose. I’d like to use the scullshaver on Amy fadools droopy clambake

• Budweiser April 7, 2014 at 5:31 pm

What is “horrific” about a 25 oz. Budweiser can? I call that bad ass. Let me guess, Kyle, you drink IPAs??

• Dur April 8, 2014 at 11:56 am

you call budweiser, “bad ass” or “badass?”

And what’s wrong with IPA’s? Pretty sure there’s more going on in a pint of Lagunitas IPA than the shit you’re trying to brag about.

• Budweiser April 9, 2014 at 4:23 am

Go brag about your queer beer some where else….I sure all your six pack on the weekend buddies will applaud you. IPAs suck. If they tasted soooo great, everyone would be drinking them. Budweiser is the number one selling beer in the world and the King of Fucking Beers. If it gives you a headache, change your tampon.

• You're kidding, right? April 9, 2014 at 8:50 am

It’s okay to try beers that don’t end in “Ice” or “Light,” bud; I know how you’re watching those calories and everything.

• Hop Devil April 8, 2014 at 10:41 am

Can we talk about Corona on draft? How’s that going to go over. Doesn’t it lose a bit of it’s novelty vs. a bottle?

• Dude April 8, 2014 at 11:55 am

Corona is skunked beer. the flavor doesn’t change from one to the other.

• Hop Devil April 8, 2014 at 10:43 am

Oh and hurry up with some Summer Love already. Didn’t see it on the list.