Another Mike Trout-to-the-Phillies Column

Kyle Scott - May 15, 2014

Photo credit: Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports

Photo credit: Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports

Bill Evans, writing for NJ.com in an article titled Mike Trout a Phillie some day? It’s possible:

Mike Trout didn’t say no.

I asked Trout in Washington, D.C. a few weeks ago, with his first time as a professional in Philadelphia a few weeks away, if he envisioned possibly playing for the Phillies some day.

It’s certainly an impossible question to answer honestly, unless the answer is unequivocally that he doesn’t want to play for the team he grew up rooting for and he felt he was going to spend the next 20 years on the West Coast.

“You never know,” said Trout. “I’m just happy this organization gave me an opportunity to be here the next several years.”

The question was asked again of him in a press conference Tuesday before his first game in Philadelphia, and again he noted the time to make that decision is a few years away.

“When the time comes, we’ll see,” said Trout with a laugh.

Please make it stop.

• Kyle Scott May 15, 2014 at 2:02 pm

A statement on Kaciegate:

• Donald Sterling May 15, 2014 at 2:16 pm

And I thought I was a bad liar under pressure.

• Let me get this straight May 15, 2014 at 2:37 pm

You’re okay creating a post about and inviting comments revolving around which phillies prospect’s girlfriend we’re more sexually attracted to, but not okay with the comments on an article where it’s a picture of someone’s desk with your merchandise? But oh you just happened to “stumble upon” them right? I guess you didn’t think to check the comments about Biddle and Asche’s girlfriends. I mean why would there be any offensive comments on an article where you asked us to pick which one of them is hotter?

• Junkhead May 15, 2014 at 3:19 pm

^^this is a really good point.
        Would like to see a response from Kyle on this.

• Blumpkin May 15, 2014 at 2:51 pm

You on your period, bro?

• I love boobs May 16, 2014 at 7:04 am

• Ferocious May 15, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Can we add a blocker on the words… Candy, Lenny, Abe, and Fran Dunphy. They all suck

• burger fan May 15, 2014 at 2:30 pm

who’s lenny & abe?

• Steve Jeltz's Cock May 15, 2014 at 2:21 pm

K-c

Now move on pussies

• Rock May 15, 2014 at 2:51 pm

..”Kace” closed?

Nice, SJC

• Check your math May 15, 2014 at 2:26 pm

I think the h0rse toof fake t!ts traffic b!tch comments might be a slightly higher percentage than you say.

• Comments on wrong post May 15, 2014 at 2:26 pm

Seriously? ESPN personalities have their head up their ass or hate white people (Jamele Hill). ZWR rules.

• Sick of Jeff from Camden calling both stations May 15, 2014 at 2:31 pm

A black man has a better chance of becoming a KKK member,than the Phillies have at landing Mike Trout.

#keepdreaming

• Blumpkin May 15, 2014 at 2:53 pm

What about that girl holding the Trout sign? Would you hit that? What do you think her love trout smells like?

• Carmen Sandiego May 15, 2014 at 3:42 pm

Would I hit that?

clown question bro.

• Carmen Sandiego May 15, 2014 at 3:45 pm

On further inspection of the photo, I believe herto be a bit overweight and probably has issues with her family. I would like to withdraw my previous statement. It is a toss up. Over/under 6 acoholic drinks and then after that I can make a definitive answer.

Thank you the time is yours.

• Slob on my knob May 15, 2014 at 3:13 pm

You know the Phils suck when this ugly ho is the hottest chick at the game. Fuck you Ruben

• The Burger King May 15, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Now that KC-Gate is over – Lets pick up where we left off and continue to make fun of Sean Brace.

$100 (in CB Apparel) to the person who rolls into pitchers pub and slugs him right in the face while he is playing Jay-Z.

• Broomall Bernie May 15, 2014 at 3:58 pm

you read my min. brace were bacccccck

• Crossing Broad Moderator May 16, 2014 at 12:56 pm

For Sean Brace, Kyle should do the opposite of what he’s done for case-e-gate.

Instead of blocking the comment, the site should pull-in lots of pre-stored verbage about Brace, to save the commentor from having to type in everything.

For example, just type in ‘Sean Brace” and a few specific thoughts, and the blog software should flesh it out by inserting lots of previously-stored Brace anecdotes, so we can all laugh at them (him) again.

• Carmen Sandiego May 15, 2014 at 3:38 pm

HEY KYLE

I feel a little gayer for watching you, had to cut it off at two minutes. Still a fan though.

Let me get a shout out!

• Mike M refuses to bow down to The King May 15, 2014 at 3:40 pm

Funny, the King was the first who said that Paps was out on town partying but Mike is trying to take credit by not acknowledging his source. That makes Mike and his lap dog Martinez the frauds that they know they are. Hey, King make sure you say something about that on Saturday when your stuffing your face at Ponzio’s and taking calls from that idiot Levi.

• MM May 15, 2014 at 4:17 pm

Even your dog knows you’re about to tell a huge fabrication. Chinless balloon head.

• started from the bottom now you're in kan$a$ c1ty May 15, 2014 at 5:16 pm

I’m surprised it’s able to bark with all that peanut butter in its mouth.

• oh give me a fucking break May 15, 2014 at 4:53 pm

not buying a moment of it. why block h0rse, t33th, etc.? a narrow band or curse words? narrow enough that I’ve never tripped it until two days ago.

this remains crossing broad’s zapruder film – it’s your last 5 minutes of the super bowl, except in this case, you didn’t throw up – you shit the bed and in your furious effort to clean it up, made it worse.

• it puts the lotion in the basket May 15, 2014 at 4:54 pm

aaaand k@cie is still banned. nothing is over until we decide it is.

• doubting your commitment to sparkle motion May 15, 2014 at 5:00 pm

I found that unconvincing. I also want to know where the last two days of comments have gone from every thread, since Kylie doesn’t have the TIME to police them. hmmm, another fucking mystery.

• Meatball subs May 15, 2014 at 5:22 pm

Like how he sneaks his response & doesn’t have a k.cie post so it gets back to her & she cries again to take it down.

I say we move on from purely whites

• duly noted May 15, 2014 at 10:07 pm

Oh, it’s astounding how pussy-whipped he is by another woman. there’s a word for guys who expend this much effort shielding whores from the fallout of their own bad choices and get nothing in return: herb. Kyle stop getting chumpatized son.