Andy Reid Admits That His Personnel Decisions Were Terrible

Voila_Capture 2014-06-03_09-04-25_AM

Andy Reid was part of an NFL Career Development Symposium at the Wharton School on Saturday. He was asked a question about his shortcomings. Zach Berman brings you the response:

“About a year ago, I found out what I wasn’t good at because [I was] out the door,” said Reid, now the Kansas City Chiefs coach. “I went back, and I looked at it, and . . . I drifted away from the thing I love doing most, and that was coaching.”

“I took [myself] completely out, dealt more with personnel . . . stopped calling the plays, all those things,” Reid said.

“[Focusing on coaching in KC has] also allowed me to . . . try to keep my personality in the room and do what I like doing,” Reid said. “I learned a lesson. I thought I stepped out [in Philly] for the right reasons. It probably wasn’t the right thing to do.”

“I’m not saying [it was] the wrong way to go; we had a lot of success in Philadelphia,” Reid said. “But where I was in my career, this is what I want to do. And it worked out where I could actually do that.”

Translation: When I got fired last year, I realized that I wasn’t good at, maybe, 50% of my job. Really, I just handed all the coaching duties over to Marty, owner of a 5-27 career head coaching record. That was dumb. And so, too, was drafting Danny Watkins. I kept telling people that I had to do a better job when, in fact, I wasn’t capable of doing it. I didn’t know what I was doing in the front office! In KC, I’m just focusing on the bbq coaching. That’s what I’m good at. I think. Also: I shouldn’t have let Tammy make the decorating decisions.

• Kyle's camel toe June 3, 2014 at 9:22 am

Holy fuck Kyle, even 700level had this posted over a day sooner than you. Wake the fuck up.

• Fe Maiden June 3, 2014 at 10:15 am

For a minute I thought it was Thursday, of last fucking week when this was actually news.

• Tom Chambers June 3, 2014 at 9:23 am

K..c should move to Kansas City lol lol lmfao 🙂

• Ray Albed Jr June 3, 2014 at 9:47 am

Man you guys are either queer,or on the down low.

I’d sleep with the traffic chic in a heartbeat.

Let’s see how some of those porky pigs you beer guzzling losers call wives & girlfriends compare to ms you know who,then talk.

• Carmen Sandiego June 3, 2014 at 9:24 am

Have you informed River Winds of the types of golfers that are going to be attending the golf outing? I am thinking 3 kegs on the course, pound of cheeba, and a kilo of the bugga sugaa should do us just right. 🙂

• JP June 3, 2014 at 9:30 am

Well if the golfers are anything like the West Deptford locals, being a complete degenerate alcoholic/druggy on the course will be encouraged and expected.

• AL Tru June 3, 2014 at 11:15 am

I guess that R.D. email is non admissable in Kyle’s Kourt ?

• Budweiser June 3, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Give Chipper a few more years and this city will wish Big Red was on the sidelines with his dinner menu.