Jason Kelce Helps Explain Lane Johnson’s $17k Rookie Dinner Bill

Voila_Capture 2014-06-09_03-11-15_PM2

Voila_Capture 2014-06-09_03-11-35_PM

Lane’s bill, longer than Foles’ johnson

On Friday night, Lane Johnson tweeted a picture of his receipt from the Eagles’ rookie dinner at Del Friscos. It cost… a lot. $17,747 a lot. Johnson received the expected backlash in this post-Richie Incognito world of sports sensitivity. But today, everyman Jason Kelce explained why you should just get off Johnson’s dick because he’s making nearly $20 million over four years and, yeah, he’s got this. From Matt Lombardo at NJ.com, who did a nice job of itemizing the bill:

“The bottom line is, it was a team function,” Kelce explained. “Nobody forced Lane to do that. This is like any profession, I feel like. Anytime you get a promotion or a raise, the first thing you do is take your family out or take your friends out and people around you that you care about.

“I just signed a big deal and obviously I’m doing to do something for these guys, I’m obviously not going to take all of it. There’s other people who contributed to me getting the bigger deal.” It gets portrayed in the media and they like to act like they have a clue what’s going on in our locker room, but the fact of the matter is we have a really tight knit group of guys and Lane was more than happy to do that.”

“Everybody who has been drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles has taken the veterans out on a rookie dinner,” Kelce pointed out. “When I was a rookie we went to Barclay Prime. It was me, Danny Watkins, Julian Vandervelde, and I’m not going to get into what that bill was. It was on par with Lane’s, it was pretty close. Danny paid the most because he was the highest draft pick and biggest signing bonus, then me and Julian split the rest of it.”

Haha. Danny Watkins paid the most.

But for real, this stuff has been happening in football and pro sports for years. It’s part of the process. What comes around goes around. And Kelce actually has a leg to stand on beyond just his rookie dinner when it comes to generosity– he’s been everymanning the shit out of this town all spring and left $100 tip for a bartender in Avalon. He’s a man of the people and if the man of the people says it’s cool that Lane Johnson had to buy big, hungry men dinner, then that’s fine by me.

Oh, and according to Lombardo, Evan Mathis and Todd Herremans helped foot the bill.

The wine made up a substantial chunk of the bill, as it usually does for rich people. But what I want to know is which shanty folk ordered:

Voila_Capture 2014-06-09_03-18-25_PM

YOU’RE MILLIONAIRES, GODDAMMIT! ACT LIKE IT.

• Kyle's keyboard muscles June 9, 2014 at 4:08 pm

Ugh, you know its a slow time of the sports year when people are getting on Lane Johnson about this kind of shit. “This just in: Millionaires run up huge check at local restaurant.” Seriously? Its not even that high all things considered. When I heard Cuz and Ellis teasing this on WIP this afternoon they made it sound like the check was in the 100k range. Weak.

• Jim Steinberg June 9, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Violation for doing that to rookie nfl players when they have a short shell life in the game

• Harry June 9, 2014 at 4:24 pm

The bigger crime is Del Friscos actually charging for soda on such a large tab. That’s pretty ridiculous.

• Mr. Miyagi June 9, 2014 at 4:33 pm

I’m no scientist, but a $472 auto-gratuity on a $15,740 bill before taxes is like 2%. I hope the boys left a few extra shekels.

Also, I count 12 steaks, so I would say there’s at least ten of them there. So with about a dozen 300-pounders and two rounds of Remy Martin doubles, 17 grand isn’t outrageous.

• steve June 9, 2014 at 5:06 pm

now that Kyle Scott has an assistant he can figure it out, but usually gratuity on a check like that is food-only and the bar is separate. The $472 probably went to the food server(s), and a bar-tab tip was separate.

Could be way wrong, but the normal 18% gratuity on 472 would mean they got the gratuity off of around $2600, which looks close to the food bill part of this.

• Budweiser June 9, 2014 at 4:34 pm

You, again, show that you have no idea what being “on somebody’s dick” means. It does not mean criticizing them. Christ….

• Jimmy Russell June 9, 2014 at 4:40 pm

did this tweet affect Kelce’s “every-man” status?

Find out more at 10

• Jim Adair June 9, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Wait til you guys see my rookie celebration bill from Petco… I didn’t even know chewtoys took batteries!

• Calling Bullshit June 9, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Can someone tell me why Del Friscos is so popular? It’s overpriced and overrated.

• Calling Bullshit June 9, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Nice work on the original handle.

• Calling Bullshit June 9, 2014 at 5:50 pm

Stop posting as me, ass-bag.

• Calling Bullshit June 9, 2014 at 6:19 pm

^^ Not me

• Calling Bullshit June 10, 2014 at 8:51 am

^^ Me

• 6figjig June 9, 2014 at 5:10 pm

The same reason why people buy BMW and Mercedes even though they consistently rank near the bottom in consumer satisfaction polls.

• Your Mother June 10, 2014 at 8:43 am

How will you satisfy uppity fucks who spent 80 grand on a car assbag?

BTW, I love my BMW. It’s old, don’t you judge me kids.

• Skippy June 9, 2014 at 5:13 pm

Should of went to chickie & Pete’s. Crab fries & cheese are to die for there

• Skipper June 9, 2014 at 5:55 pm

You said “Should Of” you stupid fuck.

• Skippy June 9, 2014 at 6:06 pm

“Have”sorry faggot stickler.
        Crab fries & cheese are so good hmmmmm

• Calling Bullshit June 9, 2014 at 6:18 pm

That’s better.

Full disclosure: I use ‘Skipper’ when I troll for grammar and spelling corrections.

• Ms. Marry Jane Rottencrotch, Your First Grade Teacher June 9, 2014 at 11:27 pm

I’m very disappointed in your awful use of English. Here, please go take a bath with this toaster.

• Ms. Marry Jane Rottencrotch, Your First Grade Teacher June 9, 2014 at 11:28 pm

And you forgot a space in “‘Have’sorry faggot stickler.”

I didn’t beat you with a ruler hard enough.

• Ms. Marry Jane Rottencrotch, Your First Grade Teacher June 9, 2014 at 11:29 pm

And before I have to smack you again, the extra R in my name is for Retard.

• KK215 June 9, 2014 at 5:54 pm

$10 for creamed corn? WTF?

• Second Opinion June 9, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Del Frisco’s. What an overpriced rip off joint. Del Fleesum sounds better.

• Next! June 9, 2014 at 6:35 pm

They have to pay the Skanky Ho on the Morning Show to be their spokes-h0rse. Not only does she get free steak, apples, sugar cubes, and an allowance, but they pay for her monthly visits to get her beef curtains disinfected.

• Maxie June 9, 2014 at 7:17 pm

What a spineless pussy you are! Is mentioning a name from WIP against the law or something? What happened to my comment.

• Next! June 9, 2014 at 8:27 pm

Get with the program! The names of certain female morning WIP hosts and fox29 traffic sluts will not pass the censorship filter, so you need to get creative. Are you new here?

• Bill Newbold June 9, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Hey Lane you can’t have it both ways bro. If your gonna tweet that bill out and on top take a picture you can’t bitch and moan about what people are gonna say about it. It’s no secret that rookies take all there postion vets out to dinner. To be honest it’s no big deal. It happens on every team in every city in every sport.

• Ass Man June 9, 2014 at 8:50 pm

Jillian Mele has Tities that are big

• Budweiser June 9, 2014 at 9:51 pm

They aren’t big enough to post about. Actually not that big at all

• Kyle Still Doesn't Understand what the phrase "on his dick" means. June 9, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Maybe you can get your new assistant to explain that one to you with his illustrious Kutztown education.

• Your Mother June 10, 2014 at 8:39 am

Well when you pay 10$ FOR A CAN OF CREAMED FUCKING CORN. You’ll see a high bill afterwards Sons.

Mr. Johnson how do you like older ladies? With a name like that? Growl…

• Uncle Meat June 10, 2014 at 11:00 am

I’m with Kyle on that last section – who the fuck would be ordering slop like Coors Light and Bud Light? YUCK!