Evan Turner Is Totally Cool with Boos Because Jesus Was Hated Too

No Events Available
Spread
Moneyline
Total
Photo Credit: Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports

Photo Credit: Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports

Evan Turner got booed in the Celtics’ win over the Sixers last night. It was the second time his team played at the Wells Fargo Center this year and the second time a soft chorus of jeers rained down from wherever people were actually sitting. Personally, I don’t get it. If you hate him as a basketball player, shouldn’t you be happy he’s not here anymore? Shouldn’t you cheer every time you see him in Celtics green? Whatever. People booed and Turner was bemused. He said (jokingly) that he was loved before the game started:

“I signed like 100,000 autographs, I’m kissing babies and what not and all that stuff. I’m getting my hand kissed by people. I got little girls come up to me fainting.”

But once the game starts and he touches the ball? “Boooooo.” If he’s fouled? “Boooooo.” If someone shows up late and just notices he’s there? “Boooooo.” That can get to you as a player and a person. But it was all okay with Turner, because Jesus experienced the same thing:

“I don’t worry about it anymore. I don’t want to sound super weird, but Jesus was hated too.”

Oh don’t worry, Evan, you did sound super weird. Super weird. Firstly, I don’t think anyone actually shouted “boooooo” at Jesus. It was more whatever “crucify him” translates to in Aramaic. And secondly, Jesus probably never missed from downtown.

• DS December 16, 2014 at 11:41 am

They tried to stone Jesus when he returned to Nazareth.

• Abe Lincoln December 16, 2014 at 11:57 am

He who hath no sin shall cast the first snowball…

• Pat December 16, 2014 at 12:01 pm

I hate him as the wasted #2 overall pick that set the sixes franchise back years. It sucks that he didn’t pan out, especially in a year in which the first round ended up being very deep. So, yes its understandable that Sixer fans frustrated by the state of their team now boo somebody who didn’t reach his potential and was at times a dick about it. Pretty hilarious last paragraph though, Jim.

• Guesty McGuest December 16, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Yup

• cheesedick December 16, 2014 at 12:28 pm

Hey Meatwad, go hang out with your twin brother. you both sound retarded when you speak.

• Your Mother December 16, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Oh now Turner likens himself to Jesus?

Facepalm

• Nicky Negadelphia December 16, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Where in the world did the Celtics find the 7ft sharp shooting Caucasian in Kelly Olynyk?

Dude was like a combination of Larry Bird and Kevin McHale last night.

30pts
    9rebounds
    3blocks
    3-5 from the 3pt line

Total domination on his part.