Philly.com Is Unapologetically Taking Credit for Coining the RADIO WARS Appellation

Voila_Capture 2015-04-21_01-23-47_PM

I posted about this in the Roundup yesterday– mostly as a joke, especially since back in February, Rob Tornoe, doing double duty as cartoonist and radio beat reporter, kindly credited us for the moniker. But now I’m beginning to think Philly.com is just going to go ahead and commandeer this here name. Look at this shit:

View this post on Instagram

Kidding me?

A post shared by Kyle Scott (@crossingbroad) on

“On the same day that national news broke, Philadelphia saw the start of what we here at Philly.com have called a “new radio war” between the town’s two sports talk stations, 94 WIP and 97.5 The Fanatic.”

Original.

H/T to (@Banditmax)

• K Shaw April 21, 2015 at 1:30 pm

Wow, how original Kyle, Radio Wars, I’m suprised you didnt apply for a copyright on such a creative and unique phrase.

• Radio Wars April 21, 2015 at 1:34 pm

God damn you’re so butthurt. Get over it. What are you going to try and sue? This shit happens all the time.

• Kyle's Keyboard Muscles April 21, 2015 at 3:34 pm

If its not such a big deal, why wouldn’t you throw a credit on there? For example, most of these stories first broke on Crossingbroad so you could at least put a link on there. Its called professional courtesy.

• Debo April 21, 2015 at 1:37 pm

That’s my bike punk!

• Rer April 21, 2015 at 1:51 pm

We’ll just keep it down at my house.

• Richard Nixon April 21, 2015 at 1:37 pm

He may have been the first to use the term “Radio Wars” but lets be honest… this is about as creative and original as someone using “-gate” at the end of a word when talking about a scandal. Way to be the CNN of Philadelphia sports blogging Kyle.

• Original Gary April 21, 2015 at 1:38 pm

Yeah because nobody in history has ever coined the phrase “Radio Wars” before.

Shut up.

• Tom Selleck April 21, 2015 at 1:41 pm

you’re all crazy, i’d be pissed if i were Kyle and they would be pissed if he tried to do the same thing to them.

• Jim Thome April 21, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Exactly.

• Jim Thome April 21, 2015 at 1:42 pm

Mike Sielski is garbage. He’s a no talent hack who takes the “I’m not a fan boy” angle just to try to be a hard liner when all hea doing is being lazy. I’ve said it before and it still stands, I wouldn’t do CPR on my own mother if it meant he’d survive too.

• Steve Mason Elite NHL Goalie April 21, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Could not agree with you more on this.

• JG April 21, 2015 at 1:52 pm

Sorry, fella, but you did not invent the term “radio war(s).” A simple Google search will result in a ton of usages of “radio wars” well before all of this 94/97.5 nonsense.

• Tom Selleck April 21, 2015 at 1:58 pm

and whats the first website that pops up when you search “radio wars”?
      or should i say the first 3?

• CBGA Ball Washer April 21, 2015 at 3:54 pm

You don’t understand how google works, do you?

• Pat Riley April 21, 2015 at 1:52 pm

whaaaaaaaa….that’s my phrase….whaaaaaaa. Get over it.

• JayVaugh Pinkston April 21, 2015 at 2:00 pm

#RadioWarsNation
    #WeAreRadioWars
    #RadioWarsStrong
    #CarMagnetOfAWeirdColoredRibbonThatRepresentsThoseFallenInTheRadioWars
    #blessed

• Mike Vick's Parole Officer April 21, 2015 at 2:04 pm

Perhaps its karma for the images you “borrow” to make your t-shirts?

• sderst April 21, 2015 at 2:05 pm

Sielski is a bag of dicks.

• Herman Murman April 21, 2015 at 2:11 pm

Total rip off by Philly.com
    I’d be pissed as well. I’m sure if you were some sort of paid advertiser to the philly.com conglomerate, you would have gotten credit.

• Kyle's salty tears April 21, 2015 at 2:13 pm

Boo hoo, Kyle.

• Miss R0bln April 21, 2015 at 2:16 pm

Whould anyone like ot be on the Tony and Josh Show? I pretend like its my job to book people and stuff. IN reality, I jus tlike to snack all day and pretend like im important.

Let me know.

• Dickless Keyboard douche April 22, 2015 at 9:09 am

You’re an idiot. Miss Robin has nothing to do with 94.1. Typical keyboard troll who knows nothing! Did you point out the new chick with “the Cuz” is his side piece who has NEVER been on the air ? Probably not. Kyle doesn’t want that FACT spread because he’s too busy sucking up to 97.5 and the guy he’s afraid of in Mikey Miss. Think Gargano’s wife knows he hired the chick he’s banging to be on his show while “Lil’ Ant and Massimo are home? Dirtbag!

• No one cares April 22, 2015 at 2:40 pm

No one cares, Josh.

• Fly on the Wall April 22, 2015 at 4:03 pm

Let’s see if this gets deleted like my other post.

2 things. One, I’ve seen Miss Robin actually book guests for them a couple times, so I’m assuming she actually does help sometimes, but mostly she books Tony’s Podcast (I believe) & she’s here helping produce his Olbermann Segment.
          (Whoever you are you really seem to have a hard-on for her. Why is that?)

Second, Maureen Williams, aka Andy Blooms ex Administrative Assistant, aka never been on the radio & no experience, now suddenly on a morning show, that Maureen Williams? Yeah, she and Gargano have been bangin’ each other ever since she started working for WIP about 2 years ago. Everyone here knew it. Everyone but their spouses that is. So congrats 975 for endorsing 2 people cheating on their spouses! I’m assuming that Greater Media has HR rules regarding this as well? Oh yeah…..how old is little Massimo? You do the math. Real nice ANT!

• railroad jumper April 21, 2015 at 2:16 pm

this guy is about as cool as my taint on a 12 hour bike ride through Louisiana

• Carl April 21, 2015 at 2:25 pm

You get 95% of your content from Philly.com. So they stole a name from you. Maybe. If they noticed. Which they probably did.

Who cares.

• Steve Mason Elite NHL Goalie April 21, 2015 at 2:37 pm

Kyle the pummeling you’re going to take from all of the beat writers and radio hosts you’ve ripped over the years will be legendary.Question when will you stop hiding from said beat writers,and confront them face to face instead of flexing those keyboard muscles tucked neatly away in the suburbs?

• Steve Mason Elite NHL Goalie April 21, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Not me….but fake me does bring up a good point….Kyle?

• No Life April 21, 2015 at 2:48 pm

The radio war ended when 97.5 felt the need to sign WIP castoff Gargano. Even Bloom wasn’t stupid enough to give this fake goombah the money he asked for. For having subjected us to more hours of “Little Ant took a shit last night,” 97.5 has surrendered.

• Steve Mason Elite NHL Goalie April 21, 2015 at 2:53 pm

The thing I hate most about this Gargano/97.5 thing is the story that his show was announced to the staff at a meeting where Gargano walked unannounced to a standing ovation. What a douchey thing to do. And just to think that this fraud had his enormous ego stroked by by idiots that employed Sean Brace and still employ John Marks makes my skin crawl.

• Embarrassing April 21, 2015 at 7:17 pm

The thing I hate most is that this fucking nitwit spent 5 minutes this morning talking about taking his kid for a walk.

I tried to give this show a chance; even though I knew Gargano was unlistenable.

Fuck him. He sucks. I’m out.

Oh am Josh still blows donkeys.

• Dino Bravo April 21, 2015 at 11:02 pm

And it’s STILL better than Angelo

• Len April 21, 2015 at 3:07 pm

Frasier: Season 7, Episode 3
    Radio Wars (7 Oct. 1999)

Wonder if Frasier is pissed at you too? Stop crying dude.

• Lumpy7 April 21, 2015 at 5:41 pm

Kyle even you can’t be fucking stupid enough to think you “created” Radio Wars.

Just shut the fuck up. That term was used in the 50s between the first two AM deejays, Casey Casem & Wolfman, DaBella & Stern, and 500,000 other instances.

Just shut your pie hole or plainly admit what this is:
    You trying to create controversy by shamelessly interjecting yourself into the 3rd-rate media circle. Ugain.

• Fonzo April 21, 2015 at 5:56 pm

I’ve been crossing broad street since 1981…I think you owe me royalties.

• Farva April 21, 2015 at 6:28 pm

I don’t know whether it’s just hate for kyle or people are really this dumb. He’s not saying he invented the term radio wars. He’s saying he was the first one that used this term specifically for 97.5/WIP. Sielski is trying to claim it as his own even though kyle has been writing about this for months. The least he could do is credit this site for posting about it first

• Cecily's small tits before she got big ones April 21, 2015 at 11:42 pm

No, that’s stupid. Just call a little competition whatever the fuck you want.

• Innes Can't Screw Worth a Damn April 21, 2015 at 9:59 pm

Look – the ONLY reason I came to this god forsaken website was Radio Wars – and I think the content on it has been interesting and relatively well covered.

But for Christ’s sake be a man and contact the editor or some shit. While you may have a right to be annoyed, this is such a tasteless way to go about it. It ends up making you look like a whiny schmuck.

Although I can’t say I’m surprised, this coming from a Nova grad

• Cecily's small tits before she got big ones April 21, 2015 at 11:54 pm

Here’s an idea:
    Kyle is creating a new genre of blogger; someone who will post ANY gossip he hears about local radio people in the hopes they mention him on the air. It will make him a small amount of money, but he’ll lose all dignity in the process.

I call his new genre “Radio Whores”. Don’t think of using that without credit, Kyle.

• Craig Kettleman April 22, 2015 at 7:53 am

Every commenter for the next 24 hours should use “Radio Wars” as their user name.

I think we can all set aside our issues with “handle stealing” for one day in the name of annoying the living fuck out of Kyle.