Jim Cramer and I Are Going to Have a Very Serious Business Conversation

Voila_Capture 2015-06-08_11-18-01_AM

I’m listening, Jim

So this makes no sense: Friendly neighborhood sports blogger gets 30 minutes to talk capital B Business with the world’s most renowned business and financial personality, Jim Cramer.

It’s all part of new initiative by Philly Mag’s BizPhilly called The Hookup, where they “pair mentors with successful business people so they can share lessons learned and help entrepreneurs get to the next step.” I had to send in a two-minute video pitch (0% chance I’m posting that here for the mongrel commenters) describing the business, challenges faced, and questions I’d want to ask Jim (who, among his many other accomplishments, founded the incredibly successful TheStreet.com in 1996). Today, BizPhilly editor Jared Shelly announced that I won.

So, to recap: A couple of months ago, during his 10th anniversary show, Jim talked to Tim Cook, the CEO of the most valuable company in the history of Earth – Apple – and soon, he’ll talk to me about how to better monetize selfie videos and grow my empire that’s constructed atop layers of sophomoric innuendo. God bless the USA. GET ME GREENWOOD:

• Josh Innes June 8, 2015 at 12:24 pm

I’M FAT

• Lenny Dykstra June 8, 2015 at 12:25 pm

Relax Kyle, Mr. Cramer thought I was a financial genius a few years back.

• Mitchipoo June 8, 2015 at 1:26 pm

that’s very funny… F you Dyke

• Moo Stonky June 8, 2015 at 12:25 pm

fuck you

• concerned reader June 8, 2015 at 12:31 pm

post the video or it doesn’t exist

• concerned reader June 8, 2015 at 12:37 pm

oh and also you’re ugly.

• The Mongrel Commenters June 8, 2015 at 12:42 pm

are the people who’ve gotten you this far….don’t bite the hand that feeds you, mr. big stuff.

• Kyle Scott Laskowski June 8, 2015 at 12:48 pm

Do you know me? I’m a self righteous prick.

• Benny Blanco June 8, 2015 at 12:58 pm

Are you going to ask him about Bear Sterns?

• Phil McGleno June 8, 2015 at 5:19 pm

Benny, DEAD ON! about Bear Sterns. For those that do not know this Cramer scam, in March of 08, Cramer was taking calls for his Mad Money show and a caller asked about Bear Sterns. “Totally safe” Kramer says. The very next day, it drops from $58.00 to $2.00 and Cramer says that night he was talking about bank deposits in Bear Sterns and not the stock price. Total B.S. as all his show as buying and selling stock. Truly believe that he scammed the public and stalled for time to get his money out of Bear. NBC should have investigated him and this pick. He knew the stock was crashing the next day.

• Rob Ellis's plaid shirt collection June 8, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Get Cramers views on Phillies ownership running the organization into the ground despite a multi billion dollar Comcast deal and a financially supportive fan base.

• William Rhodes June 8, 2015 at 1:51 pm

Good thing Cramer’s good at the self promotion thing because his stock picking acumen sucks ballz.

• Shut it Down June 8, 2015 at 1:57 pm

How in the world did you beat out “The Philly Influencer”?? I demand a recount! I’m sure his videos will some year get a couple dozen views to monetize.

• Please don't ban me for this Kyle June 8, 2015 at 4:04 pm

Here’s the winning video entry:

go to bottom of the story

• Hal L. June 8, 2015 at 4:59 pm

That’s some quality detective work there.

• Blogspam Business Model June 8, 2015 at 4:24 pm

How the hell did you get selected as a “successful business person” in the entire goddamn city? Your business consist of nothing more than blogspam. Literally taking other people’s content, adding just enough to claim it’s original, then plastering ads around the site. Your “model” isn’t unique or remotely original.

• Jimbo Cramer June 8, 2015 at 5:03 pm

Here’s your first piece of advice: hire a fucking proofreader. “Mike Schmidt Days” lol. You want to become the local Gawker yet everyone of your posts has at least one typo.

• Daniel June 24, 2015 at 2:19 am

I’m going to use this with my ESL Business Conversation Skills students.