This post is part of The Crosswalk, Crossing Broad’s reader submitted section. While checked for basic quality and readability, it is not edited by Crossing Broad, and all opinions expressed are those of the author, for better or worse. If you’re interested in having your work appear on Crossing Broad, fill out the short sign up form here.
There is a silent majority in this town that often gets drowned out by the vocal minority. This is not specific to Philadelphia, it’s usually found on news talk channels where they quote the loudest idiot on either side.
Too often the talking heads repeat the nonsense about evil fans throwing Snowballs at Santa, booing, or how this town eats their own players. Some of it may be true, but most of it is bullshit.
There is a silent majority in this town that
– Believes in Chip Kelly, and loves the way he treats the media (especially you, Les Bowen)
– Does not miss Chris Wheeler
– Agrees with what the Sixers are doing, but wouldn’t go watch the team if you gave us free tickets
– Has no idea when the Flyers will be good again
– roots for all the city 6 teams, but wishes, St. Joes, LaSalle, Penn and Drexel could be relevant again
– and knows that Ryan Howard and Chase Utley should move on, but does not want to see it happen.
The majority of sports fans
– Have given up on Sports Talk radio,
– And are embarrassed daily by Angelo Cataldi, and think Wing Bowl is a disgrace
– Remembers the 700 level as the toilet bowl it was, and
– Can’t believe CSN pays Ed Rendell for his ‘football analysis’ and forces Ray Didinger to sit next to him.
A few more things from the silent majority, they
– Never booed Scott Rolen. and
– Never Hated Kobe Bryant, until that whole rape thing,
– Never wanted Ricky Williams, or booed Donovon McNabb,
– Never wanted Michael Vick to be our QB, and
– Think LeSean McCoy has some growing up to do.
The Silent Majority gave Brad Lidge a pass for his terrible 2009 season, and
believes we should have won 2 to 3 more from World Series 2009 -11.
The silent majority longs for the summer days when the Phillies were in the hunt, and we do not trust Ruben Amaro to fix this.
These are just a few things I came up with on a Tuesday.
What did I miss?
Let me know in the comments below. (yeah that fucking rhymes)