The NFC East is a Total Toss-Up Between the Eagles and Giants According to Numbers Nerds

The nerdiest of all numbers nerds, FiveThirtyEight, are continuing to break down NFL teams’ playoff and Super Bowl odds every week with their fancy made up math. As you could guess because you have eyes and watch football, they have the NFC East as a complete crap-shoot between the Eagles and Giants. Realistically, one of those two teams could take the division handily at 8-8. But as they have it now, the Giants are 2% more likely to win the division than the birds, and more likely to make the playoffs by the same margin. Neither team has a more than 1% chance to win the Super Bowl.

Last week’s embarrassing loss cut the Eagles’ playoff/division winning odds by 15% and 11% respectively, so another loss to the semi-surging Bucs could do irreparable damage. FiveThirtyEight says the Eagles have an 80% chance to beat Tampa Bay this week, which sounds great until you see they gave the birds a 76% chance to vanquish the pitiful Dolphins. That didn’t happen.

Elsewhere in this garbage division, the Redskins somehow have a 17% chance to win the division – they like that! – leaving the Cowboys with a measly, unremarkable, barely measurable 2% shot. So there’s at least some solace in that.

• Philly48 November 17, 2015 at 2:30 pm

Why has everyone been talking about the Dolphins like they’re the worst team in the NFL? It wasn’t the upset of the century that the Eagles lost. There are a good dozen teams worse than Miami.

• that guy November 17, 2015 at 2:32 pm

“BREAKING NEWS!!! EAGLES DRAFTED RANDALL CUNNINGHAM!!!”

-Jim Adair

• Hi everybody, I'm a gay tranny prostitute. I give head underneath the Erie/Torresdale el stop. I'm saving up for a sex train. November 17, 2015 at 2:45 pm

Come let me love you.

• Meisha Johnson, Traffic Lady on CBS3 ^^^ November 17, 2015 at 2:51 pm

Meisha totally looks tranny. Wrinkly old Man-hands and all.

• Hi everybody, I'm a gay tranny prostitute. I give head underneath the Erie/Torresdale el stop. I'm saving up for a sex train. November 17, 2015 at 2:46 pm

^^^^^ change^^^^ I’m kind of retarded too. Come let me blow you.

• 97.5 Morning Show November 17, 2015 at 2:48 pm

CUZ: Bo, I can’t do it bo. I’m done wit Chip. I weally thought he was Belichickian bo.
    MARKS: Yeah….This team stinks.
    THE BRO’S SOUNDBOARD: “Oooooh, ooooooh!”
    CUZ: Yo bo. Ok, comin up, it’s know da show.
    MCW: Wait Ant we got Vai comin on.
    CUZ: Oh yeah dat’s right mo. Thwanks MC Dubba U. I jus can’t think today wit da Eagles loss. I need a Pwimo mo.
    THE BRO: Ahhhh, I could go for one. I love food. Because you know, I’m a hipster and have to talk about all the food I eat that you don’t.
    CUZ: Whoa bo. I watched Pwimo come up from nuttin mo, who are you?
    THE BRO’S SOUNDBOARD: “But that’s ok”
    CUZ: Haaaahaaa dat’s AWESOME bo. MC Dubba U isn’t dat awesome?
    MCW: Yeah Ant!
    MARKS: I hate everything
    CUZ: OK. Comin up we got Bal-deee…
    MCW: No Ant it’s Vai.
    CUZ: Ah dat’s right mo. Vai, comin up in 5 minutes. Mornin Show. But first let me tell you about An-ton-ee’s coal fy-red pizza mo….

• jd November 17, 2015 at 3:50 pm

the sad part is this could be a actual transcript of the show. They are brutal, MCW reminds of that annoying girl that someone in the group was dating and all they do is bring the conversation to a grinding halt with their asinine remarks. I get it she is Gargano’s side piece but she has no business being on the air.

• John Riggins November 17, 2015 at 2:49 pm

More like a toss up between the Giants and Redskins!!! The stinking Eagles have lost to Washington the last two games. The Eagles are a pathetic team heading no where fast for a long fuckin’ time! Ahh ! Ha! Ha! Ha!

• Dan Griffoni November 17, 2015 at 3:03 pm

Tell you what else is a toss up! I’d like you to toss my salad!

• Brutice the Barber November 17, 2015 at 3:33 pm

How much do you think Jim Adair makes per year? I’m setting the over under at 25k.

• PShawn November 17, 2015 at 4:14 pm

Seems odd that the Eagles have better odds than the (Insert Racist Name Here). The (Insert Racist Name Here) have the same record, have a head-to-head win in hand and already have their Patriots loss out of the way.