They Hate Nick Foles in St. Louis

Photo credit: Brace Hemmelgarn-USA TODAY Sports

Hey, things are looking up! The Eagles are 4-4, positioned to win their god awful division, and Sam Bradford has finally learned how to put his belt through all of the loops! The positivity is coming in waves, and there couldn’t be a better time for a Nick Foles stinks story.

Here’s a jawn from Ben Hochman of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, in an article titled Foles Looks Like Weak Link . Please, read the whole thing– it’s delicious. GIVE ME THAT JUICE:

But they were serious — the Vikings dared Nick Foles to try to beat them with a touchdown … and Nick Foles responded like Nick Foles.

Yup, the Rams signed a guy to be a franchise quarterback, and Rams opponents want him to have the ball in overtime.

Even an overtime win Sunday wouldn’t have masked the overall issue — Foles is flimsy and fallible, and the Rams’ offense has been reduced to surviving with him at the helm.

“I put a lot on myself, and I just have to keep playing better and growing as a quarterback,” he said after going three-and-out in overtime, as his Rams then lost, 21-18, on an ensuing field goal. “We have to get touchdowns, especially on the road. We have to get touchdowns and get in the red zone.”
Ugh, it’s hard to hear that the franchise quarterback, who’s paid as such, needs to continue to grow. But on Sunday, the Rams entered their biggest game since 2006 — they were in the playoff picture, but it appeared they didn’t have a playoff quarterback.

Maybe it’s on the receivers, too. And the offensive line. But Foles infuriates with ill-timed passes and floppy floaters toward St. Paul. From the very first play of the game, when the quarterback missed a preposterously wide-open Britt, Foles didn’t seem all there.

And later, it appeared that even coach Jeff Fisher lacked confidence in Foles.

Perhaps the Rams win the next two games because the Rams’ next two opponents stink. Maybe two Sundays from now, they’re 6-4 and we’re again talking playoffs. Maybe some weak defenses are all Nick needs to to discover deep-ball braggadocio.

Here’s hoping that Foles finds what he needs to find, because, frankly, it’s been fun talking about the Rams without also having to talk about Los Angeles.

But January looms. Both the playoffs and the owners’ decision.

Floppy floaters! That sounds like the next hit freemium game on iOS, or a symptom of a seriously debilitating intestinal disease. Nyet. It describes Nick Foles’ passes. I love it. Just when we were starting to doubt Chip, BOOM, big OT win from handicapable Bradford, while Foles takes a dump after the defense elects to put the ball in his not-so-capable hands in the extra sesh. Oh my. The Chip Genius train is now boarding. All aboard, baby! Next stop: Titletown! Football is back. I’m upbeat! Noises!! Nicky sucks and Sammy hit his stride. Wouldn’t want anyone else under center…

… oh, damn.

H/T to the reader who sent this to me that I can’t remember

• denny falcone November 9, 2015 at 3:22 pm

fat josh innes is probably a better receiver than the slop nick foles has in st. louis

• ron jerico November 9, 2015 at 3:25 pm

Who the fuck is Josh Innes?

• vv November 9, 2015 at 3:29 pm

so do I. Nicky cost a couple bucks yesterday with his poor play

• ain't no fan like a cowboys fan! November 9, 2015 at 3:31 pm

We still dem boyz!!!!
    Sacks still comin!!!
    Greg Hardy is our defensive leader and role model for our kids!!!

• colin kapernick November 10, 2015 at 10:27 am

C-KAP here yo. Put me in man i can play in philly’s system yo!! missanelli says so, it must be truth ya heard!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

Mikey “mani/pedi” missynelli needs to retire his act and go play golf with his geriatric vagina fondling brother LOL I’d rather listen to martinez in that booth who actually can put a sentence or two together without stuttering like mike does.

• Ron Schwartz (colonial nissan) November 9, 2015 at 3:33 pm

In honor of the Iggles big win in Dallas last night, I am personally guna jack my prick on every certified pre owned Nissan on my lot!!! If you cant make a deal with me, you cant make a deal with any baady!!!!

• The Pearl Inside Jillian's Clam November 9, 2015 at 3:34 pm

Did you see the Delanie Walker TD from Mariota? He literally threw it and it hit two defenders hands and then landed in Walker’s who scored. Drop the Mariota bullshit. It’s over. We don’t have him. We never had him. We never had a chance to have him. Be better than a Philly.com writer.

• Kyle's Keyboard Muscles November 9, 2015 at 4:51 pm

Philly.com still has writers?

• Caviar Twat November 10, 2015 at 1:49 am

Not for long…

• Fred Beans (Toyota) November 9, 2015 at 3:35 pm

Hey Schwartz – Stay in Feasterville you no good junk-slappin beast.

• Pen & Pencil Rumor Mill November 9, 2015 at 3:41 pm

No one wants to live in Delaware. END RANT.

• Paul Jolovitz Fan Club President November 9, 2015 at 3:42 pm

Josh Innes is an absolute creep.

But raising money for battered women in Dallas was a very nice move, no matter how big of a troll-move it was.

He is still very fat and a very bad radio host.

• Captain cowboy November 9, 2015 at 3:51 pm

I bet that big mouth loser kelce didn’t say nothing to hardy’s face about the shit he talking, so instead he speaks up when leaving town and won’t play them again this season. Hardy has served his suspension, give it a rest no ring losers

• ron schwartz (colonial nissan) November 9, 2015 at 3:57 pm

In honor of this ridiculous comment, I will personally beat my dick on any cowboys jersey brought to my showroom…. come see my 9 incher in action…. and remember, if you cant make a deal with me, you cant make a deal with any baady!

• Fred Beans (Toyota) November 9, 2015 at 4:07 pm

Hey Schwartz – Listen here you salami slappin’ worthless bag of cancer. I will personally plow all of you female sales associates and after that I will have each one of them make me a turkey sandwich.

• Kyle's Keyboard Muscles November 9, 2015 at 4:54 pm

I guess Kelce was too busy actually kicking Hardy’s ass all night to talk shit.

• Umm? November 9, 2015 at 4:30 pm

Am I missing something on that Mariota stat? Brady threw for 356 yards and 4 tds last week against the dolphins.

• Umm? November 9, 2015 at 4:31 pm

Not to mention Brees last week. It happens all the time.

• Read all the words November 9, 2015 at 4:55 pm

He threw for 350+ with 4 TDs and no INTs. That’s apparently only happened once before and its actually pretty impressive.

• not so fast November 9, 2015 at 5:40 pm

except that it’s wrong….Brady, just last week….356/4/0, Eli Manning last week…..350/6/0

not sure what this guy meant……maybe as a rookie?

• Donovan McNabb November 9, 2015 at 7:06 pm

Hey guys, I threw for 464, 5 tds and no picks against the Packers in 2004. You can look it up.

• Robert November 9, 2015 at 11:42 pm

Well, at least Foles’s dick is huge.

• Steelers Mike November 10, 2015 at 12:10 am

The Eagles SUCK but so do the Cowboys neither team will do shit this year. To all the douche Cowboys fans counting rings, stop. Since the salary cap you haven’t won jack!! Kelce ate Hardy’s lunch all night. Did you see Hardy throwing temper tantrums all night, what a pussy! Did I mention he beats up women??

• Max November 10, 2015 at 2:09 am

The Mariota thing has happened 77 times in NFL history, including twice last week (E. Manning and Brady). Mariota is the youngest though. Culpepper was not a rookie when he did it, so I have no idea where old Gil is getting his info