Hollis Thomas, Citing “Sources,” Says LeSean McCoy Sucker Punched Cop at Recess

Hollis Thomas recounted the following story on WIP today [thanks to Jim for the transcribe]:

Josh Innes: Tell us how this whole thing starts according to the two sources who were there and the multiple sources you’ve spoken to about it.

Hollis Thomas: Basically the story goes like this: The off-duty copy were there, and they were there before Shady and his crew got there … they were already in Recess. Apparently they put their order in for their bottle of champagne or whatever type of liquor it was before Shady even got there …

Apparently they ordered two bottles. One of the bottles was placed on their table … [One of the off duty cops] goes to get the other. One of Shady’s crew feels like that’s their bottle and he grabs it too. In the midst of some words being exchanged, the word was that Shady kinda sucker-punched one of the off-duty cops. Allegedly, allegedly.

Innes: This comes from two sources, and what’s important about these two sources? One may have a dog in the fight in this thing. The other does not have a dog in the fight at all but it’s someone that Tank ended up knowing who happened to message him who was in the club in close proximity to what actually went down. Then there were three other people who either messaged or called or contacted you about what they saw …

From your two sources, and then three other people who contacted you, what you have been told … Did he attempt to tell LeSean McCoy he was a cop?

Hollis: From what I’ve been told, his next words were “I’m a …” and then he got popped. It’s all alleged. But from every source it was pretty much the same story that came down.

90% of this account matches what’s out there and what we’ve heard, but the part about McCoy being the aggressor… well, that’s new. Earlier today, John Gonzalez reported that the DA is not sure it wants to bring charges because of what it might reveal about the officers’ behavior.

Listen to the audio here.

• Bleeding Green February 18, 2016 at 11:36 pm

Shady is a proven punk , and he probably did start it. I hope he’s charged, is suspended from the NFL, get’s prison time, and the cops get all of his NFL money.
    Shady was always a great RB, but a terrible person.

• Johni Blagisovich February 19, 2016 at 9:04 am

I’ve known shady since we did time Bishop McDevitt, back in our Harrisburg days.
      Shady is being railroaded. This is all a BULLSHIT SCAM.
      He wasn’t even drinking that night.
      Its a shake down for money.
      Don’t expect that talentless dog pile Kyle Scott to report the truth.
      He hasn’t in the past, why start now.

• Nikki February 19, 2016 at 9:32 am

Meek Mill (regardless of his house arrest) was there at Recess the same exact time. The entire episode was to “impress” Meek Mill….truth….

• Josh Innes February 19, 2016 at 10:35 am

Not truth sweetheart, but more like an opinion, and a very stupid one.

Now get back in the kitchen, and finish performing your womanly duties such as, cooking the breakfast, doing the laundry, and cleaning the house.

• Nikki February 19, 2016 at 11:08 am

Josh – Meek will put a cap in your fat butt – and I should know….

• cheesedick February 19, 2016 at 1:02 pm

Did time at bishop mcdevitt ??..was it a prison? And how do you know he wasn’t drinking?…where you there with him ? You’re an idiot…go back to Joshua Harrisburg

• Patrick Messmer February 18, 2016 at 11:43 pm

A lot of people wonder why I’m tilting my head it’s cause my boyfriend is munching my nuts when the pic was taken

• Chance-VP of the G& A Falcons February 18, 2016 at 11:53 pm

Shady is a loser and I would love to hit him over the head with a coffee table

• Tr February 19, 2016 at 7:02 am

“listen to the audio here”

I’d love to, except reading the transcript is 100x clearer than listening to hollis Thomas speak. But hey let’s give him a radio show!

• Lini February 19, 2016 at 9:08 am

It’s terrible…

I’ll never understand who thought it was a good idea to put him on the radio.

I’m supposed to believe the cops were able to say, “I’m a …” right before the punch ?

• Josh Innes February 19, 2016 at 10:31 am

Hollid Thomas is a token k n e e g r o, nothing more nothing less.

• Jessica Boyington's Bleached BHole February 19, 2016 at 9:36 am

I wonder how much of this is desperation after the latest ratings?

• Jillian Mole's Tit Freckles February 19, 2016 at 2:21 pm

Speaking of desperation, I soooo want my old job back! When are you going back to Nawth Joisey Jessie? Soon, I hope.

• Shut it Down February 19, 2016 at 9:39 am

My question is how much are these cops making to be able to afford the same VIP service as a million dollar NFL player? Were these guys long time homicide investigators (then I would get it) or standard beat patrol?

• Ryan February 19, 2016 at 9:43 am

Maybe it was a special occasion dude. Nobody said they do this every week, but I do know friends that do stuff like this very occasionally and they make between 40-60k a year.

• Ryan February 19, 2016 at 9:42 am

What it might reveal about the officer’s behavior? And what is that? Most sources confirm that the officer was just trying to claim his bottle when the argument broke out. Arguments happen, especially when alcohol is involved. Getting in an argument is not necessarily bad behavior. But when someone then raises it to a physical confrontation and beats on the other person when it was totally unnecessary, then that person should be charged, regardless of how much money they have or how high profile they are.

• Fran February 19, 2016 at 9:47 am

Did Hollis say it or stutter his way to saying it?

• Josh Innes February 19, 2016 at 10:40 am

It’s hard to tell with that fat tub of goo. For personal health reasons, Hollis Thomas needs to get himself in much better shape, or else he faces the real possibility of having a massive heart attack on air.

• CAPTAIN IRONY February 19, 2016 at 10:43 am

Pot, meet Kettle.

• Misogynelli February 19, 2016 at 9:52 am

This all smells just like when Old Man Eskin basically said DeSean would be arrested for the “questionable robbery” at his house. There getting fed shit from people with agendas and are too dumb to sift through it.

• Michelle Ferreri's Musty Taint February 19, 2016 at 10:39 am

I don’t know if I believe the reports or not, but, DAMN, I thoroughly enjoyed Josh’s meltdown. I’m not being facetious… it was entertaining and may affect my radio tuning for a few days.

• Maxie February 19, 2016 at 12:38 pm

Hollis’ “sources” are as reliable as anyone else’s – everyone claims to know the real story. This whole thing is getting tiresome and as soon as Shady (good nickname) and his agent work out a deal with the D.A and the PPD, he will be on his way and never see the inside of a cell.. I did not here this from any source, just know how political scumbags work.

• I am not LeSean McCoy June 20, 2016 at 4:10 pm

A little late but always been wondering if the heart-attack-waiting-to-happen ever apologized or even explained his “reporting”. I was listening to the show when he mentioned about this. He was so sure about his source and didn’t even bother to qualify his statement with words like “this is unconfirmed blah blah blah”. Even Brian Haddad believed his since he retold the same story and again, vouched for Thomas sources.

• just wondering... February 19, 2016 at 1:14 pm

did Hollis actually say “off-duty copy,” or is this just another example of Jim’s awesome proofreading skills?

• Dumb Waiter February 19, 2016 at 1:38 pm

when am i getting my tip?