Instant thoughts– written on an iPhone through mild euphoria, so excuse typos.
- The defense is expected. The shooting (as a threat) is expected. But the complete physical dominance and rebounding, again(!), is out of nowhere. If they play like this, they can beat anyone.
- Miami shot like 600% from three and lost by a million. That’s how impressive Nova was offensively. Efficient. Balanced. Devastating. So deep it hurts.
- The rims. I said it the other day, but if the rims continue to be this soft, Nova will win it all.
- Archie. He played like he didn’t want his run to end. From the tip. Not just threes, but crazy shots, drives, passes, defense.
- Kris Jenkins looked like he wanted to kill someone.
- This was so much like the Duke game in 2009 it’s not even funny. Just physical dominance of ACC team. Somewhat unexpected. Miami looked like they didn’t belong, and they’re a good team.
- Bridges is so long and gangly in a Shane Clark if Shane Clark had working knees sort of way. Great arm use. GREAT.
- Rollie’s shirts look like a box of pastel coloring stuffs.
- This may be the best game I’ve ever seen Villanova play (was still in diapers in 1985). So crazy deep and perfect on all fronts. Even Jay couldn’t believe it when he talked to highly underrated Tracy Wolfson.