Sixers Fall Way Short Against the Wolves on National TV

Photo Credit: Brace Hemmelgarn-USA TODAY Sports

In the first career matchup between Karl-Anthony Towns and Joel Embiid, the point goes to KAT. Embiid finished with 10 points and 10 assists, while Towns had 25 and 10 with 2 blocks. Andrew Wiggins showed off as well, scoring 35 points, grabbing 10 boards, and missing only 6 of his 20 shots. The Sixers continued their 600+ day streak of not winning two games in a row. It was ugly.

But there were some bright spots. Here are some highlights (and I’m sorry but there are some real lowlights in there too):

As an added bonus, we were treated to two announcers who aren’t incredibly familiar with the Sixers. One great (Kevin Harlan) and one not (Reggie Miller). They obsessed over the fact that Embiid fell once and then Harlan offered an insane mispronunciation of Saric:

The Sixers are back at it on Saturday night against the Suns, and Sisyphus is still pushing that boulder up the hill.

• I missed the first quarter November 17, 2016 at 11:37 pm

Molly Sullivan took up 1/2 the screen. Oh, but this is a TNT game and she was back in Philadelphia. Then I did get to see the first quarter. So that’s what a professionally broadcast game looks like.

• Cut Robert Covington now! November 18, 2016 at 9:50 am

1 – 12(0 – 7 from 3pt line) from the floor with no ability to beat his man off the dribble and piss poor defense, but yet the Sixers keep trotting out that bum Robert Covington.

• Hans November 17, 2016 at 11:40 pm

Leave it to Jim to call a rebound an assist. Re: “Embiid finished with 10 points and 10 assists,”

• Nobody Cares About Or Watches The NBA Until The Conference Finals November 17, 2016 at 11:44 pm

A nationally televised NBA game in November? I’m sure all five viewers were riveted!

• That would be baseball November 18, 2016 at 9:17 am

You’re buggin. I’ll speak for myself even tho you spoke for everyone and say I love catching a nba game in the dead of winter.
      Imo basketball>football. It just barely tops it but it does

• sheckler November 18, 2016 at 10:15 am

I just found the only black guy that reads this site, hello sir.

• KyleandGarganoProcessFrauds November 18, 2016 at 12:30 am

You Process truthers certainly gave the nation a show tonight. The most dreadful backcourt in the NBA. An overmatched head coach going head to head against a guy that was available if this organization got its head out of its ass (but doesn’t Brett give a great press conference!!!!)

And – oh – by the way a 4th season going down the shitter. See you at XFINITY to do bad chants in June.

• Phil Theecolards November 18, 2016 at 9:29 am

WTF are you talking about? Are you blaming the fans for the poor showing on the court last night? The organization decided they were going to tank.
      Not the fans, skippy. To be honest, I get your point, but to call out fans for “trusting the process”, is a violation.
      I’d like to hear your brilliant plan to make the Sixers a reputable club, genius….

• a November 18, 2016 at 12:13 pm

I feel bad for people like you who can’t see the forest through the trees. No wonder you’re miserable.

• Chance- VP of the g&a Falcons November 18, 2016 at 6:50 am

What’s up with Molly Sullivan’s looks ?? She is morphing into an alien

• gargano = fraud November 18, 2016 at 7:04 am

I creamed my pants watching the highlights. Everybody, remember to start calling Carson by his new nickname: Carve.

• Trump deplorable November 18, 2016 at 7:22 am

Who watches the NBA other than people under 30 and hipsters trying to be cool. That league sucks

• Bear hug Larry November 18, 2016 at 7:55 am

I tried to watch last night but gave up 5 minutes in . League is a joke until the 2nd rd of the playoffs

• Bear hug Larry November 18, 2016 at 7:53 am

Anything on Natalie egg going to 97.5????

• Mike miss man of the people November 18, 2016 at 8:57 am

Yeah Skippy, I’m tapping that now!

• Angelo's fake laugh through bullhorn November 18, 2016 at 8:59 am

How do you like my sloppy seconds?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Meals on Wheels November 18, 2016 at 9:24 am

Great radio yesterday listening to Martinez creep all over her during her 30 seconds on radio. Gross

• BigShot November 18, 2016 at 9:20 am

F-UCK The Process…They blow and have hoodwinked what’s left of pro basketball fans in Philly.. Thanks Juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssss