UPDATE: I Got a PR Email About The Sixers’ Risky Investment Scheme

Kyle Scott - April 18, 2017

Email from a PR agency:

Hi Crossing Broad team –

Sharing a unique event coming to the Philadelphia for all aspiring entrepreneurs, fitness enthusiast, or simply just Philly 76ers fans.

The new fitness concept taking the U.S. by storm – F45 Training is popping up in Philly with a unique partnership. Having originated in Australia, the fitness concept has over 750 franchises worldwide, is the fastest growing franchise business in the industry and is starting to open all around the U.S. They are partnering with the 76ers to host an event for the Philadelphia community – to offer the chance to learn how F45 is changing lives through innovative training. The team will demonstrate how they train in the studios (HIIT and strength training style workouts), take attendees through the incredible investment process and a chance to meet members of the 76ers ball and dance teams! The event will take place on Saturday, April 22 from 2-5PM at the Philadelphia 76ers Training Complex and is free to attend. More info and registration here:. https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/f45-franchisee-draft-day-philadelphia-registration-32247291517

Please let me know if you’re interested in sharing the news / event opp with your readers.

Molly

So, I responded to let Molly know we already covered it:

Voila_Capture 2017-04-18_04-19-56_PM

And if you can’t read it:

Hey Molly—

Thanks for the email. I will share. But it’s worth noting that we already pointed out yesterday what a shameless and embarrassing money-grab, giving off the faint whiff of a Ponzi scheme, this is on the part of greedy ownership. But hey, trust the process.

I’m calling out any yocals who actually cover this nonsense. Or show up to it, for that matter.

UPDATE: Apparently the Sixers bought ad network ads for this, and they’re showing up literally on this post– and yes, I do get paid for that:

Step 1: Make fun of NBA team’s desperate attempt to extract a buck.

Step 2: ???

Step 3: Profit!

UPDATE 2: Molly responded:

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for your response and point of view. I will be sure to stay in touch with other Philadelphia news that hopefully strikes better chord for you!

Molly

Molly’s in a tough spot.

• gttt2tt2bt April 18, 2017 at 4:31 pm

1st

• Agree with Kyle April 18, 2017 at 4:32 pm

I can’t believe the NBA is allowing this. This seems like a flat out scam and may actually be illegal by promising a 400% annual ROI in their marketing literature. This is the most shameless thing I’ve ever seen a sports team be affiliated with. Kyle, have you attempted to contact the DA’s office to get their opinion on this?

• Kyle Scott April 18, 2017 at 6:41 pm

I called, but Seth was on vacation. Anyone know if he has sideline seats for the Sixers? It could determine if this is ok or not.

• The melting pot April 18, 2017 at 4:34 pm

Molly Sullivan?

• "Short" survey April 18, 2017 at 4:55 pm

I had to answer like 15 questions about canned tomatoes to read this post. Not worth it.

• Shut it down April 18, 2017 at 4:56 pm

I love how out of touch they are, they address it to “Crossing Broad Team”. Team would imply more than 1 person, and no, your occasional worthless contributors do not count.

• Sean Braces dead brother April 18, 2017 at 4:59 pm

To be fair his wife has been known to spend some of her time not sleeping to pack up a couple t shirts.

• Weekly CB Phillies Insider Leslie Gudel April 18, 2017 at 5:26 pm

Hey! I’m still here?

• Not the sixers marketing guy April 18, 2017 at 5:19 pm

wow I can’t believe they’re paying to remarker that BS scheme. Good on ya, Kyle.

• Not the sixers marketing guy April 18, 2017 at 5:19 pm

Remarket*

• Idi Amin April 18, 2017 at 6:44 pm

That email looks like it was written by a Nigerian prince.

• King of all GMs April 18, 2017 at 7:24 pm

That’s it, I fucking hate his organization.

Eat a dick sixers and NBA. For real, fuck you

• True story April 18, 2017 at 8:49 pm

They are just flat out creepy. I bought individual game tix to 2 games this past year personally on my personal credit card. Had a Sixers sales rep reach out to me via email, LinkedIn, called my office line and Facebook to “set up an event for my clients” at a Sixers game. After about the 4th attempt I told him to back off.

Fast forward to the game I take my kids to, guess what millennial comes up in a way too tight suit to “personally greet me”. He got an ever loving ear full.

Full stalker mode. Fricking freaks.

• Shut it down April 18, 2017 at 10:03 pm

Yawn. Nobody cares about your self important made up story. Nobody contacted you after you bought your shitty 2nd level seats. Nobody showed up at the game asking to speak with you. Your mom’s a kunt.

• Kyle Laskowski April 19, 2017 at 3:24 am

I love how you blurred out your last name on the email you sent her, but forgot to do so on the message she sent you. Good try, Laskowski.