RADIO WARS: Josh Innes Launches Test Missile Into The Sea of Gargano

Kyle Scott - April 19, 2017

Never question the maestro’s ability to unearth discord. Josh Innes asked me if he could come on our upcoming podcast, Crossing Broadcast, to discuss his new podcast, Live From Josh’s Couch. And so, Adam Lefkoe, Russell Joy and I spoke to him last night as part of an interview that will run during the first few weeks of the show, and of course we asked him about the current Philly sports talk radio landscape. Innes, like Henry Kissinger weighing in on Iraq, located his old war drum and knocked out a few beats. Here’s a sample of what you can expect:

“I always thought Gargano was a piece of shit. And he is a piece of shit. And I guess because I replaced him, all these meathead, blowhard, South Philly people that buy his cuz shtick didn’t like me and thought it was my fault the guy got fired. But they didn’t know that he’s the reason that Glen Macnow got run off. That was him. I think he handpicked [Rob] Ellis to be his guy so he could beat the shit out of him. Notice that Jon Marks left their morning show to do nights at WIP. So the Cuz to me was always really fucking fake.”

We also played Marry, Kill, Co-Host (Anthony Gargano, Mike Missanelli, Spike Eskin) with Josh, but you’ll have to listen to the clip for that part.

You can hear the rest of the interview when Crossing Broadcast debuts next week. And you can listen to Innes’ podcast, where he talks about all things Philly, at JoshInnesShow.com.

• Mikey gargangelo April 19, 2017 at 9:59 am

• Try a salad once in awhile April 19, 2017 at 10:38 am

Holy shit is that guy fat.

• Karma has finally caught up with Anthony Gargano April 19, 2017 at 10:52 am

As long as Josh Innes keeps exposing that fake South Philly tough guy pos Anthony Gargano as the fraud he truly is, then that makes Josh Innes ok in my book

• Avalon Brian a.k.a "AB" April 19, 2017 at 7:25 pm

Josh is wrong about the cuz. He’s just making excuses

• burgers April 19, 2017 at 11:25 am

looking back innis was pretty funny. tired of the stiffs on wip & 97,5

• James Nichol April 19, 2017 at 10:03 am

keep putting that flat slob in front of a microphone. Cool story. Can’t believe the NFL didn’t give you draft credentials 😂😂😂🤔🤔🤔

• Love him or hate him April 19, 2017 at 10:07 am

The guy kept sports radio interesting. He came in 2013, that start of all teams sucking reallllllllly bad at the same time. He left and it’s boring again. Nothing worse than NFL draft talk in January.

• Did you inform the nfl April 19, 2017 at 10:08 am

That you have a podcast coming out? This will certainly make them rethink their decision.

• Marco Esquandolas April 19, 2017 at 10:10 am

I was a Innes hater during his time in philly. Can’t believe I’m saying this now but the guy is spot on about the Cuz. The shenanigans he pulled last week solidifies he is a real POS.

Looking forward to the podcast, Kyle.

• baldy's babe April 19, 2017 at 10:57 am

i agree

• Former Breafast on Broad Viewer April 19, 2017 at 5:43 pm

What did the Cuz do? Other than drone on about the NFL draft, NBA draft, the unlistenable “Meat Locker” and continued ass-kissing of “Lord of the Afternoon” Mike Missannelli, what exactly did Anthony say that annoyed you?

• Bill Simmons April 19, 2017 at 10:10 am

Genius! If there is one thing to take away from the greatness of my HBO show it’s the idea to tape fluid topics as far in advance as possible.

• Maxie April 19, 2017 at 10:12 am

Innes is apparently still steamed by his firing and can’t let go. Who cares what he thinks? Most people here know Gargano is a bs artist but don’t stay up at night worrying about it. He is in Houston now; let it go.

• chris t April 19, 2017 at 10:22 am

If thats the quality of your revolutionary podcast, you are doomed.

• Make sure you tune into Crossing Broadcast next week April 19, 2017 at 11:11 am

To hear Kyle bitch and complain about not getting a press pass to the draft.

• 97.5 sucks April 19, 2017 at 10:24 am

Leave it to a show hosted by Rob Ellis to relate Aaron Hernandez to drafting Joe Mixon today. By the way this is probably the 20th show asking that same question. And people wonder why Innes had a following. He wasn’t the best but at least he changed it up a little bit. He didn’t talk about the same thing for months

• Rob Ellis & Harry Mayes April 19, 2017 at 10:52 am

What should we talk about today? Let’s rehash the Joe Mixon discussion even though we already did several shows on it and everyone knows our “hot takes”. Oh, and lets create a poll too.

• 97.5 sucks April 19, 2017 at 10:57 am

Is the discussion “heated”? Seems to be the case whenever they talk about Mixon

• steve April 20, 2017 at 8:52 am

lets talk about your top 10 most hated Cowboys.

• Once took a leak all over the conshy brewery bathroom floor April 19, 2017 at 10:25 am

Not going to lie I miss fat boy. Hope I get an opportunity to buy him a beer in fairmount next week

• Josh I. April 19, 2017 at 11:30 am

I will need 5 or 6 cheesesteaks too.

• Newman April 20, 2017 at 6:14 pm

And I shall require a cannoli.

• Spike Eskin April 19, 2017 at 10:27 am

Hey Josh,

Remember when I fired you? The new show I’ve put together doesn’t even come close to the worst ratings you ever got. I’m sorry. I have no idea what I’m doing. The only reason I have this job is because my dad was a legend. I’m pissing all over the family name.

GTG Hernandez myself.

Howard’s kid,
    Brett.

• Blind Gus April 19, 2017 at 10:35 am

Spike eskin is the billy king of program directors.

• Wrong April 19, 2017 at 10:54 am

Spike Eskin is the Bryan Colangelo of program directors.

• Dan Griffoni April 19, 2017 at 1:10 pm

Wrong, Spike Eskin is the Brad Pitt of program directors, if you ask me.

• Spike's Nut Huggers April 19, 2017 at 1:59 pm

You could probably list any Sixers GM besides Hinkie and be right about that.

• 4 for 4 for life April 19, 2017 at 10:34 am

Josh wasn’t Philly

• Hextall's Glasses April 19, 2017 at 10:35 am

If I accidentally stumble onto that Carlin and Reese show I smack the mute button as fast as I hit the snooze button on my alarm in the morning. I used to at least enjoy listening to Innes be a dick to callers.

• Can't decide if i hate kyle's or innes' podcast more April 19, 2017 at 10:37 am

Nothing from Klausner on Embiid out for the season?

• Wouldnt mind orgasming next to a guy April 19, 2017 at 10:40 am

Carlin and Reese are unlistenable. They have actually made me switch back to Missinelli, of course until the first political thing comes out of his old hipster mouth. Then I am gone.

• Try a salad once in awhile April 19, 2017 at 10:40 am

Josh Innes won’t live to 50 if he keeps up his current lifestyle. Way too fat.

• Delco Badass Rob E. April 19, 2017 at 10:42 am

Looking back knowing what you know, would you have drafted A Hernandez instead of any the Eagles picks up to that point (B Graham, N Allen, D Te’o-Nesheim, T Lindley)? We’ll take some calls on this when we get back.

• bob April 19, 2017 at 10:53 am

Can he just go away. isnt he in texas? get over it

• The ceiling is the roof April 19, 2017 at 10:53 am

Innes and the cuz share the same body, you can just swap heads.
    Not for nuthin but looking back, Innes was alright with me. Some days I couldn’t listen but he’s way better than ike and that other dude

• Toni Kukoc best European player ever to come to the NBA April 19, 2017 at 11:19 am

Thanks again for your support you fucking loser.

• Hollis Thomas April 19, 2017 at 12:29 pm

hee hee…good one toni k.

• Dirk Nowitzki April 19, 2017 at 3:36 pm

Huh?

• Once caught turtle from wip getting a lap dance at scruples April 19, 2017 at 10:56 am

I’ll give it to josh he would have me laughing my ass off sometimes. Kind of miss him

• Kathy Romano's Tits April 19, 2017 at 11:02 am

Never liked Gargano and I think a lot of the 20 and 30 year olds who listen to him like me can sniff out that he’s a piece of shit.

Innes was fine. I really think more people liked him than disliked him.

• CB Veteran April 19, 2017 at 12:23 pm

I’ll cosign this. I’m 28 and never listened to “the Cuz” until he came to the Fanatic and from day one I couldn’t stand him and his fake tough guy stuff.

• Ouch April 19, 2017 at 11:12 am

What a huge reality check for you, not getting a press pass to the draft. They gave those things out like participation ribbons and yet you still were denied.

• Kyle's Mom April 19, 2017 at 11:14 am

Sticking a microphone in front of this fat fucks face is like sticking a mic in Lavar Ball’s face. Who cares about the Innes agenda? Go away fat boy!

• Trish Sports April 19, 2017 at 11:15 am

Can you explain how your new filter works? Some days I can post comments, some days it goes to waiting approval. It changed after you canned Jim.

• Kyle's Codpiece April 19, 2017 at 11:19 am

I’m not really needed

• Fairmount Freddy April 19, 2017 at 11:21 am

When I met Josh innes at a flyers game he was cool as shit and when I met Sean brace at a union game he wouldn’t even look st me when I said hey Sean. Blew me off like his shit didn’t stink

• The voice of reason April 19, 2017 at 11:38 am

Why can’t this fat slob and his Hitler youth looking hoe go away? He failed here because he got exposed for being the kidd chris clone that he was. People who listen at night are creeps like a majority of CB commenters and are th eonly ones who still want that fat buffoon here. Kyle is hanging onto to Radio Wars so bad even when there is nothing left to fight over after the CLEAR DEATH of 94.1 at the hands of Mikey Miss.Kyle couldn’t even keep Jim on the payroll because his out of date Villanova degree fell out of touch with the market thinking clicks still drive revenue! CB is trying hard as hell to hold on but it’s over just like Josh Innes’s career in a top 5 market. He wants back here which is why he wanted to go on your podcast but it will never happen.

Side note: ROB ELLIS and GLEN MACNOW are total scum bags and both 97.5 and 94.1 could make more money replaying anything syndicated rather than this muck on the radio. I rather listen to that degenerate gambling show on Saturday mornings than Rob Ellis or Gargano.

• tio April 19, 2017 at 12:05 pm

josh fans are like a cult. worst than hinkie fans

• Chris Foley April 19, 2017 at 1:30 pm

Hey Cobra. Thanks for the call out in your novel

• rittenhouse ups driver April 19, 2017 at 4:58 pm

Hey Foley!

YOU’RE A F@GGOT!

• Chris Foley April 20, 2017 at 2:27 pm

Just keep delivering my packages on time Bitch!

• Hahaha April 19, 2017 at 7:16 pm

“Hitler youth looking hoe”? OMG that’s classic!

• serious question April 19, 2017 at 11:39 am

who’s the albino broad next to fatboy?

• mike miss fake white guilt April 19, 2017 at 12:15 pm

That is his girl, you can tell by the blank stare on her face. She is properly contemplating all the horrendous decisions she must have made in her life to end up sitting on couch doing a podcast next to Josh. Believe it or not she actually had her own radio show at one point and gave it all up for fat boy josh.

• Art Mooseum April 19, 2017 at 11:52 am

Ike Reese . Jon Ritchie. Sonny hill. Paul jolovitz. What a bunch of non listenable creeps. Marks is good .

• Earl "The Pearl" Monroe April 19, 2017 at 12:26 pm

You take that back about Sonny Hill right now! You must be some total moron that doesn’t like hearing about 60’s basketball and WILT! He went to Overbrook High School for crying out loud!

• Phil from Mt Airy April 19, 2017 at 5:53 pm

How can you not love listening to Sonny Hill broadcast from the Zallie’s Shoprite in Williamstown?

Trust the process!!!

• Gin blossoms April 19, 2017 at 11:55 am

Hey jealousy

• CB Veteran April 19, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Best comment I’ve seen on this is a long time.

• Dan Griffoni April 19, 2017 at 1:13 pm

lies

• Your brain on Ike Reese April 19, 2017 at 12:29 pm

Josh was pretty good and entertaining until Spike Eskin entered the picture and began his sabotage work.

• Hextall's Glasses April 19, 2017 at 12:40 pm

I’d say sticking him with Hollis Thomas also killed him. No chemistry there. Just Spike or whoever thinking he needed a “Philly guy/athlete” to help his likability.

• Some A-hole in NJ April 19, 2017 at 12:36 pm

No NFL Draft media credentials for you (Kyle)!

They do need some human targets where attendees throw footballs as hard as they can at the targets to knock them down.

• Sporting Wood April 20, 2017 at 10:27 pm

Only trouble with your screen name is that you could be any one of 200,000 people!

• Aaron Hernandez bed sheet April 19, 2017 at 12:42 pm

Silly Jilly looks like po white trash

• and.. April 19, 2017 at 12:59 pm

a bit of a gunt!

• Quints 1 Night Stand with Jilly April 19, 2017 at 1:23 pm

She’s got… lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll’s eyes. When she comes at ya, doesn’t seem to be livin’… until she bites ya. And those black eyes roll over white, and then… oh, then you hear that terrible high-pitch screamin…

• Taint Stick April 19, 2017 at 1:57 pm

Looks like the vampire chick from 30 days of night

• Maxie April 19, 2017 at 2:59 pm

Poor girl does not look happy. Who could blame her!

• Farewell and adieu April 19, 2017 at 4:32 pm

You Ladies of Spain!

• Sean Brace - job wanted! April 19, 2017 at 3:03 pm

Is anyone gonna point out that his girl is absolutely fucking hideous? shes gotta be albino

• Pinto bean April 19, 2017 at 3:26 pm

Post a pic of your girl…..

• DeezNutzzz April 19, 2017 at 6:54 pm

Josh? is that You?

• Pinto bean April 19, 2017 at 3:25 pm

Hey, first time-long time. Josh is the man. He is the 🐐

• Silly Jilly April 19, 2017 at 6:55 pm

Hey Josh?

• Junior Mac April 19, 2017 at 4:40 pm

Asking for a friend

Who really is Philly Kelly and why does she have such a large twitter following?

• Tatd April 19, 2017 at 6:08 pm

Stopped listening when he left. Thought you guys had beef?

• Hope u get run over by a bus crossing broad April 19, 2017 at 9:26 pm

Regardless of whether Gargano is or is not a piece of shit, if Innis was any good he would still be on the air. Gargano didn’t get him fired. Yet that’s the best he can come up with. Why you gave him the time of day is another example of why you are a worthless source of information. Leslie Gudel would have been better off taking a job cleaning toilets than doing Clearwater weather and travel for this site.

• Riley Cooper April 20, 2017 at 10:25 am

Mike Miss better shut his liberal mouth or i’ll hop this fence and fight him too

• kyle trump April 20, 2017 at 12:25 pm

josh is pretty funny and unafraid to bash anyone….even haters have to admit he’s ok in small doses….far better than that f*t f**k g arlic breath gargano……

• Kyle's Wife's Black boyfriend April 20, 2017 at 2:45 pm

Innes holds that microphone just like kyle holds the shaft of his boyfriend.

• Kyle's Killer Lemonade April 20, 2017 at 3:50 pm

Radio Wars is dead. The fact you an ex-host had to come on your podcast to promote his new podcast proves that. I didn’t like Innes but I liked Radio Wars and I wish it were still alive and well but it’s not.

Did MCW ever give one insight on any sporting event, ever? Or did she get the job because she sucks on the CUZ’s bird!? Solid move 97.5

• Is water wet? April 20, 2017 at 6:16 pm

Is the sky blue?

• Dragging my balls because they hang to my ankles April 20, 2017 at 11:12 pm

What the fuck. Rofl so bush senior is in the hospital and fucking tweeting yeah that’s coming from him. What a narsassistic piece of shit this society has become.

• Donald "Twitler" Trump April 21, 2017 at 6:12 am

Twitter is great! Like me! I’ve Made America Great Again!

• Riley Martin April 20, 2017 at 11:57 pm

Ike Reese – EBONICS, screams, Horrible, Cant run a show. Needs to be REMOVED IMMEDIATELY
    Paul jolovitz – Unlistenable, screams, asks a stupid question then answers himself, speaks DOWN to callers. REMOVE
    Hollis Thomas – can NOT SPEAK without an EPILEPTIC seizure – SHOOT HIM then REMOVE
    “Spike Eskin” – Beat the living shit out of him for RUINING WIP ! Fuvking JERKOFF !

• TheEnabler April 21, 2017 at 9:00 am

It’s nice that they exhumed the corpse of Edgar Winter as a background prop.

• Beavis and Butthead April 21, 2017 at 9:22 am

Da da da da da da da DAHHHH!

• MCW's bangs April 23, 2017 at 6:46 pm

Tee he he

• To the Losers Go Nothing April 25, 2017 at 11:56 am

Josh Pigness lost. He lost because he’s a loser and losers lose. Now he’s an unfunny 12th generation Stern wannabe doing a podcast from his couch. How novel and clever, in a loser’s mind.

• HinkieFacr April 25, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Spike is just going through the PROCESS. He’s tanking the ratings on purpose so the station can get better. Makes sense. Right?