The Giants Fired Ben McAdoo

Photo Credit: Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports

It seemed like it was only a matter of time.

The Giants fired head coach Ben McAdoo on Monday morning, which he apparently confirmed himself:

McAdoo was in just his second season at the Giants’ helm. The team’s former offensive coordinator under Tom Coughlin, he lead New York to an 11-5 record and wild card playoff appearance in 2016.

This season, the Giants are 2-10 and ravaged by injuries on both sides of the ball. The struggles can be attributed to much more than McAdoo or Eli Manning, but last week’s decision to bench the longtime starting quarterback was met with vehement disapproval from Giants fans and blowhard New York media members alike. Both factions felt as though a franchise legend had been disrespected by a buffoon of a coach.

Whether that’s true or not, it just seemed like there was a disconnect between McAdoo and his players, creating a situation that was untenable.

Edit: They also fired General Manager Jerry Reese, who had been with the team since 2007.

• Dominic the donkey December 4, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Best look ever

• dego wop December 4, 2017 at 3:40 pm

What a disgrace. This fat choad breaks Eli’s streak for no reason at all. SHAME!! ring ring… SHAME!!!!

• Uh-oh December 4, 2017 at 12:12 pm

See you later Ben. Nice hair.

On a different note – I know it’s still kind of early (not really), but it seems to me this was the real first pressure packed game Carson has been in. He was short arming throws, panicking in the pocket and not too confident.

Looks like he has what most athletes have that come to Philly – some choke in him. “This is what I call a choking situation”.

Doug choked too. Hopefully, they learn from it and get beyond it. If not, it will be more of the same we always have……..just not good enough, and if we are we blow it.

• Ghost of Roy Halladay December 4, 2017 at 1:40 pm

His time with the Giants went down faster than an ICON A5 plane.

• Ghost of Darren Daulton December 4, 2017 at 3:35 pm

Too soon

• GHOST OF MOMMA CASS December 4, 2017 at 4:08 pm

I hope you all choke on a hamm sandwich muthr fucker!

• Sean Braces Dead Brother December 4, 2017 at 4:27 pm

Never too soon

• Anthony from south philly December 4, 2017 at 2:05 pm

Anybody know a good handicappper?? Looking to get bailed out tonight after losing big on the eagles last night

• dego wop December 4, 2017 at 3:43 pm

I’m a huge fan of “White Christian American Locks”. He warned me to stay away from this game. He has me up 3 G’s this year. I heard there is a fat little Arab that likes to pretend he’s Italian and make picks. I would avoid that guy.

• bengals December 4, 2017 at 4:48 pm

heard joe younis has been doing well with his football plays

• Cuz's best friend December 4, 2017 at 2:19 pm

Spags here, I’m the new Giants coach!
    Now I get a chance to improve on my NFL worst coaches record in history.
    I will be checking in with Ant for some football expertise.
    4 more losses and my coaching record will untouchable.

• serious question... December 4, 2017 at 3:15 pm

whats that colored fella on WIP talking about?? It’s so hard to understand him…a what is Ike juice? he gonna spluge on someone?

• CBwanker December 4, 2017 at 4:09 pm

yeah your boyfriend

• white christian american locks December 4, 2017 at 3:49 pm

Well if you didn’t listen to me about last nights game, here is your chance to make your money back.

Take the Bengals outright. This line opened at 6, its now at 4. Cincinnati has talent and they desperately need this game to make the playoffs.
    Cinci 20
    Pittsburgh 17

• CB Fake Shirt Makers Union December 4, 2017 at 4:10 pm

Did you think up this line before or after the clan meeting last night?

• Trumps travel ban December 4, 2017 at 5:19 pm

It is a 4 point line. What are you talking about?

• CBwanker December 4, 2017 at 5:37 pm

I’m talking about your sisters vagina with the rest of the people in the building.
          But what does that have to do with anything?
          I’ll bet its done more work than Kyle this week and its only monday!

• 4 for 4 guy (all in on the cuz & the meat locker) December 4, 2017 at 6:32 pm

I’d go with the Steelers for win & cover

• Morrie's Wig Don't Come Off December 4, 2017 at 5:44 pm

Kyle,
    you need to update you picture.
    No is sure that the hair plugs worked out, so
    can you at least update your pic so we can see how you fucked that up also?

Maybe you can steal this design and sell that:

• Lol December 4, 2017 at 6:03 pm

“Hi, this is jonny marks! And this is kyle scott! Today, we’re here to talk to you about our great guy that stapled rugs on our heads!