Carson Wentz is “Very Confident” He’ll Be Ready for Week One

Photo Credit: Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports

Personally, I cannot wait for the “quarterback controversy” to begin.

It will be an endless summer of rhetorical questions. Should Nick Foles start? Should Carson Wentz start? Has Foles EARNED THE RIGHT to be the guy after winning the Super Bowl?

The answer, of course, is that if both dudes are ready to go, you start the franchise quarterback who played 13 of 16 regular season games and secured home field advantage with an 11-2 record, but what do I know?

Wentz, for what it’s worth, went on “Good Morning Football” this week and expressed confidence in a week one return:

Ian Rapoport quoted that video tweet with this piece of information:

“QB Carson Wentz has been running, which is a good sign for how his rehab is going. More confidence this morning on being ready for 2018.”

Progress? Looks like it.

FYI, rookie mini-camp begins on Friday. OTAs begin on May 22nd and will wrap up on June 7th. The mandatory veteran mini-camp runs June 12th to 14th.

It doesn’t feel like it’s even been that long since the Super Bowl, but shorter offseasons are apparently “the new norm” in Philadelphia sports.

• 4 for 4 all day May 8, 2018 at 11:10 am

I love how everyone is all in on the Cuz!

Huge ratings.

• Huge fan of ropes and dick size conversations May 8, 2018 at 11:10 am

The real question is does spuds have a breakdown of his junk yet compared to the rest of the team and how thick are his ropes?

• Enough with the bs May 8, 2018 at 11:37 am

Listen asshole, Spuds gave us Carson’s size 2 years ago . 6 inches soft, 8.5 full bore. And wtf are you talking about his ropes for? Spuds has never reported on players ropes. Grow up.

• TORN ACL/Meniscus May 8, 2018 at 11:12 am

As someone who tore his ACL and had surgery in November, Carson’s progress is promising. He had surgery a month or so after I did. I’ve only been running for a month now and he looks just as far along as I am if not better. We’ll credit the fact that he is the lord and savior, has NFL training personnel/facilities, younger, and just better than me in every possible way. So, I’m encouraged. My only hesitation will be how he it affects him psychologically. It will be in the back of your mind for at least the first year I’d think. We’ll see.

• Are you.. May 8, 2018 at 12:06 pm

related to Mickey Mannequin??

• 4 for 4 guy May 8, 2018 at 11:49 am

Anyone hear that loser call up the legend cuz this morning to say he’s offended cuz calls Wentz ginger jesus

• relax everybody May 8, 2018 at 12:22 pm

That was the captain from the Flyers calling. it used to be his name until he coundn’t perform any miracles this year.

• The bigger fraud is the caller Jimmy and his tough guy voice May 8, 2018 at 12:33 pm

Tries to sound like a NY mob guy. Another caller who calls every show on both stations is Rodriquez. Don’t these people have jobs.

• Gene May 8, 2018 at 1:22 pm

Listen. I tore my acl a few years ago. No way WENTZ is ready 9/6.

It took me 15 months to recover.

Sure, I’m a fat fuck who never exercises, but still I know what I’m talking about.

• Two Soccer Podcasts May 8, 2018 at 1:48 pm

Very confident I was the worst idea in the history of CB