Report: LeBron Wants To Play For The Sixers, Basically

Photo credit: David Richard-USA TODAY Sports

The anti-LeBron crowd, led by certified non-hipster Spike Eskin, has been conspicuously quiet lately. It’s almost like doing it the right way sounds better when you’re not getting rolled 3-1 by a conference rival missing, indisputably, its two best players while LeBron has just throttled the top team in the conference. Fultz or no Fultz, the Sixers are going to need more firepower. So you can take your Paul George argument and stick it up your YEAH, Mr. Durst, because I’m eating this with a deep spoon. Chris Broussard:

“I’ve been told by somebody that would know that LeBron wants to play off the ball… it’s hard to do. Chris Paul’s done it.”

If LeBron goes to Philly and says I’m gonna be Nolan Ryan and start throwing curveballs…

“I’m not talking about LeBron going to Philly and averaging 16 points per game. I’m talking about LeBron going to Philly and playing like more of a true small forward– he’s gonna lead them in scoring, 26-27 points per game, probably get you 8 or 9 boards, just being who he is he’s gonna get you 6 assists.”

Interesting– LeBron willing to accept less ball-handling at this stage of his career. This fits in neatly to a recent ESPN.com article from LeBron Whisperer Brian Windhorst about how LeBron is able to play his best ball at age 33. The secret? Resting on the court:

It has been hard to fathom how LeBron James can be playing more games than ever, more minutes than ever, and yet in some ways be more dominant than ever.

The answer might be simple: James has perfected the art of resting while playing.

It’s a concept high-energy athletes such as boxers and swimmers have used for years: looking for moments in competition in which they can ease their load and allow for little scraps of rest they hope will add up. For James, this means finding times within games when he can catch his breath even when play is going on.

He goes on to explain that one way LeBron does this is by taking entire offensive possessions off, something that’s much easier to do if you’re giving up some of the top ball-handling duties to your protegé who doesn’t want to shoot anyway. LeBron to Philly confirmed. Someone call Malvern Prep.

• Bob Thornton May 8, 2018 at 10:52 am

Anyone hear Mike miss saying he was going to play in his garden last night instead of watching the Sixers game

• ATON May 8, 2018 at 11:02 am

Mike Miss is a geriatric hipster that thinks he’s relevant when in all actuality he’s a zilch that continually contradicts himself

• Tony Cautillo May 8, 2018 at 11:16 am

Anything on Susie Celek?

• He said he was going to trim N@t’s bush May 8, 2018 at 12:28 pm

Till her soil and use her like a garden hoe.

• MikeJ May 8, 2018 at 7:13 pm

i stopped listening to Mike Miss after he went nuts on the fact that he got Justin Bieber on the show. He straight up flipped out exited over the air that he got to talk to him!!!!! I was like yep, im done listing to 97.5!

• Uhh May 8, 2018 at 11:40 am

This is hardly a verifiable source. I mean come on. And for the millionth time, no one is going to be mad if they get Lebron, obviously. If they do, cool. All people like me and what I saw Spike wrote a week or so ago, is that the Sixers don’t NEED him. There’s better fitting options whether its Paul George or Kawhi via trade. Hell wait another year and then get Klay and Kawhi. The reason I don’t want Lebron is because he takes over everything. I know you media guys froth at the aspect of following his every move into the offseason because he will refuse to sign a long term contract. But I don’t want the Sixers to be held hostage every offseason like the Cavs were 5 years ago, now, and the Heat were as well.

• So LeBron is going to get to the NBA FInals again and walk away from the Cavs May 8, 2018 at 12:24 pm

He has three rings. He will never be more celebrated than he is now. I wouldn’t count on him leaving a place where he is beloved. The Cavs have a decent team over there right now. They demolished the Raptors, the team with best record in the conference.

• Jim Adair May 8, 2018 at 12:42 pm

Did you fire me just so you could take over Sixers posting duties?