Report: The Sixers’ Pitch to LeBron’s Agent Includes Confidence in Acquiring Kawhi Leonard

I wrote a few days ago that the Sixers had reportedly made an offer for San Antonio Spurs’ star Kawhi Leonard. It was recently reported that the Sixers have internally discussed deals including Robert Covington, Dario Saric, and the 2021 Miami Heat first round pick. Marc Stein’s now reporting that the Sixers’ pitch to LeBron James’ (and Ben Simmons’) agent Rich Paul includes a confidence that they can and will acquire Kawhi Leonard.

THE MADNESS CONSUMES ME.

• Ron burgundy July 1, 2018 at 1:26 pm

Great story. Compelling, and rich.

• Howard Eskin World Leader in Human Rights July 1, 2018 at 8:01 pm

Well if the Eagles and Miami can be BFF and make team friendly trades I don’t see why the Spurs and Sixers can’t touch butts and do each other a solid too.

• Sorry, Russ July 1, 2018 at 1:32 pm

After your “Everyone look at me, I don’t want LeBron James in Philly” gimmick, I doubt anyone takes you seriously.

• JoyOnBroad July 1, 2018 at 2:33 pm

On that episode of the pod, I was trying to explain why some don’t want LeBron for fear of him blowing up the locker room dynamic. Somehow that conversation morphed into me not wanting LeBron under any circumstances. I don’t want all of the off-court shenanigans associated with him, but I’d certainly take him on this team with Ben, Jo, and Kawhi.

• Blah blah blah July 1, 2018 at 2:59 pm

You complained for 45 minutes on the podcast. Now that it suddenly could happen you’re changing your tune. Pathetic. Sixers fans don’t want you on the bandwagon. Go find another team.

• JoyOnBroad July 1, 2018 at 3:00 pm

I sat through 82 game seasons with the likes of Vander Blue and James Nunnally. I don’t need your approval to be a fan.

• Go home to the mines July 1, 2018 at 3:07 pm

Just go the fuck away Russ. No one wants to hear thoughts on the sixers or anything else Philly sports related.

Kyle on behalf of your fans make this ridiculous kid go away.

• Mike S. July 1, 2018 at 3:03 pm

Off-court shenanigans? Are you sure you’re thinking of the right player?

• Lol July 1, 2018 at 3:13 pm

LeBron is squeaky clean and has been to eight straight Finals.

Any argument about “off-court shenanigans” is totally dissociated from any semblance of reality.

• LBJ is trolling everyone July 1, 2018 at 1:38 pm

Since he has already made up his mind.

• Sean Brace is a boss July 1, 2018 at 2:01 pm

Hanging with him last night was epic. Had every hot girl at our table and everything was on the house.

• C July 1, 2018 at 2:09 pm

Does that Kevin dude get fired if they get both of them?