Hey guess what?
There’s football this week, like real actual football against another team.
The Eagles and Steelers meet on Thursday night in preseason action at Lincoln Financial Field, which kicks off at 7:00 p.m. on NBC 10.
But until then we’ve got a few more days of training camp.
Here’s what happened today at a light 10-10-10 session, per the assembled media at NovaCare:
- Nick Foles did not practice, apparently is dealing with some upper body soreness
- Zach Ertz did not practice for the third consecutive day
Zach Ertz has missed 3 straight practices, but he isn’t expected to be out for a significant amount of time, I’m told. Maintenance, coupled with the long season. #Eagles
— Jeff McLane (@Jeff_McLane) August 6, 2018
- Markus Wheaton did not practice
- Mike Wallace (tendinitis, will be back tomorrow) and Richard Rodgers were also out
- Shelton Gibson returned from concussion protocol
- Destiny Vaeao continues to get first team defensive line snaps
- De’Vante Bausby got the 1st team nickel reps today
- Sidney Jones went to the medical tent and returned a short time later
- Ronald Darby isn’t bothered by trade rumors:
Ronald Darby said there was nothing he could do about offseason trade rumors. “As long as my iPad password worked, I was OK.” (Tablet devices have pretty much taken the place of playbooks.)
— Les Bowen (@LesBowen) August 6, 2018
Offensive coordinator Mike Groh spoke to the media after training:
- deferred questions on Zach Ertz to Doug Pederson
- too early to evaluate RB Josh Adams, will have more time to do that this week
- “I wouldn’t single out” any particular player in a backup offensive line position
- On Isaac Seumalo playing center: “I think we have to cross-train all of our guys up front,” says part of his value is being able to play different positions
- Donnel Pumphrey has done a good job in camp, “put himself in a good position to be competitive for a roster spot”
Watch live as Mike Groh, Carson Wentz, & Nick Foles meet with the media. https://t.co/wvVKZkN1jk
— Philadelphia Eagles (@Eagles) August 6, 2018
Jim Schwartz also spoke to the media. I believe he was supposed to speak last night but got bumped for Jeffrey Lurie, who talked to reporters about the extensions given to Doug Pederson and Howie Roseman. If that audio/video/whatever appears, I’ll throw it up here.
Seemed like a light day after last night’s public practice at the Linc.