Geoff Mosher is Leaving 97.5 the Fanatic

He had been with the station since 2015.

A handful of Tweets from him this morning:

More after the jump:

I wonder what he ends up doing. Geoff covered the Eagles for years at the Delaware News Journal, ended up at CSN Philly, and left the station a few years back, right before all of the cuts and programming changes started happening. Maybe he got out at the right time.

Either way, I thought he did a pretty good job in Bala, covering almost every shift over there. He was most frequently paired with Devon Givens on weekday nights, though he filled holes in the schedule alongside Eytan Shander and others.

Geoff didn’t have years of radio experience when he joined the station, but I appreciated the fact that he knew football, and could explain the difference between cover 2 and cover 3. He actually knew what an RPO was, which I don’t think is the case for most Philadelphia radio hosts.

• Lex Luger August 14, 2018 at 10:32 am

That sucks . Tough industry these days . I liked putting on mosh when he was on

• Big loss August 14, 2018 at 10:43 am

He was one of the better hosts at the station. Really leaves the cupboard bare over there when it comes to discussing football. He also was well versed when it came to talking about 6ixers.

• Dick Trickle August 14, 2018 at 10:57 am

Caplan and Mosher are doing a something with Barchard and Entercom. Inside the Birds Podcast. Guess your sources aren’t as good as mine Kinkaid…

• Kevin Kinkead August 14, 2018 at 11:00 am

you know nothing about my sources, Dick Trickle

• Barchard has the most annoying voice on radio August 14, 2018 at 2:28 pm

It’s like going to a restaurant and there is always someone who ruins the dining experience for everyone else.

• Average boyertown skank August 14, 2018 at 11:13 am

Mosher has an annoying nasally voice. He is not likable. He won’t ever be popular.

• Roger Patton August 14, 2018 at 12:51 pm

Say what?
      Geoff knows his stuff.
      Hopefully he’ll stick around Philly.

• eytan shander August 14, 2018 at 11:27 am

another fast-tracked member of the “tribe”

whiny voice – no problem!
    ugly as sin – you can be our next radio host!
    bad temperment – your going places kid!

• Cuz Nation August 14, 2018 at 1:18 pm

You have to be joking Shander you are all 3 of those things in spades. You are just horribly unlikable but keep doing every shift at a sinking station maybe they’ll eventually let you clean the toilets in Bristol.

• Eytan Shander August 14, 2018 at 3:55 pm

Good luck , friend. Good luck , friend. Eytan here. I”ll repeat myself three times, maybe say it a different way, but…Friend, good luck to you. I”ll say the same thing in a different way two more times, but we won’t ever get to a caller. Friend, good luck. I know I may be beating this horse real dead by saying everything slightly differently, but who can really blame me? No caller yet. Luck to you, and be it good, friend. And just when you think we’re going to the phones I’ll say good luck to my friend, even though I may have said this already, but it’s worth repeating that we haven’t had a single caller disagree with me because we haven’t had a single caller period. So I say “good luck” to my friend Geoff.

• pop pop in the am August 14, 2018 at 11:48 am

Was that RPO jab directed at me, punk?

• tom cheapasano August 14, 2018 at 12:06 pm

Who will they pass over Eytan with to replace Mosh on the D&G show?

• Othello August 14, 2018 at 12:30 pm

Another one down and The Cuz is still there.

Unbelieva-bo

• And the big story on Action News August 14, 2018 at 2:36 pm

DJ Brace. Yes that Brace on Saturday 7-Midnight on the new Real 106.1 FM. From Pitchers Pub to radio DJ.

• Fake News August 14, 2018 at 5:32 pm

Another annoying Jrw

• Jasper Lucas August 22, 2018 at 10:21 pm

Not sure if Geoff was the ONLY host at 97.5 who actually knew what an “RPO” was, but HE definitely did. I listened to him explain it one night, as well as articulate the difference between it and the “Read Option” (yes, they ARE 2 different things). So yes, Geoff DOES know football, and he WILL be missed by 97.5 Fanatic listeners.