RADIO WARS: Anthony Gargano Is Being Replaced By Marc Farzetta

Anthony Gargano will no longer host the 97.5 morning show. He is not on the air this morning following The Maestro’s reveal that Marc Farzetta would be coming to the station to be on in the mornings. This came as news to virtually everyone at 97.5, including Gargano, his producer, Jamie Lynch, and other top hosts at the station.

This morning, Philly.com confirmed our deep, probing speculation that Farzetta was joining the station to replace Gargano. We believe that Gargano found out about all of this yesterday, and that the decision to replace him with Farzetta was in the works for some time.

Farzetta curiously didn’t pick up shifts for Angelo Cataldi at WIP when he was on vacation this summer. Many in the industry have non-competes that restrict them from appearing on a competitor’s station for timeframes of 90 days or so. Maybe this was the case with Farzetta and thus explains his quiet disappearing act at WIP.

What’s quite clear, however, is that our war reporting kicked off a series of events that led to Gargano finding out that he was being replaced by Farzetta. Always listen to the sounds of The Maestro’s concertos. MUSIC NOW:

fanduel
Bonus
PENNSYLVANIA
LAUNCHING MID-JULY

Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler. Only 1x Wager Applies, Playable in PA Only

• bob September 21, 2018 at 9:30 am

thank goodness. he was hard to listen to, no matter how much i try. i hate wip so i judt had to wait till 10am for the midday show. hope new guy is good.

• Cut Throat September 21, 2018 at 9:54 am

I’m really glad you guys finally figured it out.
      I told you multiple times(starting late last year!) that Gargano
      would be fired by the end of the year.

Gotta love those back office politics.
      Farzetta and others knowing Gargano would be shit canned
      and Gargano not knowing or expecting anything.

• Dan Griffoni September 21, 2018 at 10:23 am

What in the hoozie nipples! He was my favorite for real.

• TRISH SPORTS September 21, 2018 at 2:35 pm

I’m really glad you guys finally figured it out.
        I told you multiple times(starting late last year!) that Gargano
        would be promoted by the end of the year.

Gotta love those back office handys’.
        Farzetta and others knowing Gargano would be promoted
        and Gargano knowing the whole time..

• SH September 21, 2018 at 9:31 am

meh, his ratings were shit and his morning schtick was significantly different and worse from his old WIP afternoon shows. No surprise there. As for Farzetta, I guess its good to give him a chance, but from what I’ve seen from him, he will bomb out too. He is young and would only appeal to an audience that abandoned the medium of radio a generation ago. Angelo has a loyal to a fault fan base and will continue to be tops in the ratings.

• Massimo Gargano September 21, 2018 at 9:56 am

This guy has it right.
      Gargano with his ‘Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh’ fake laugh and over the top
      brown nosing was just shit. I almost never listened to his show……

I can’t believe they fired my daddy

• Brion Haadad September 21, 2018 at 9:39 am

I am wondering why Sean Brace was not considered? He does his own podcast, and has headphones.

• Cosmo DiNardo September 21, 2018 at 9:50 am

So does Kyle and Kinker….what’s your point?

Glad that gasbag gargano is gone. That whole show
      was a train wreck. especially that ‘man cave’ meatlocker bullshit.
      He’ll be back on WIP within the next 3-6 months or out of philly.

• Ghost of Philly Radio Past September 21, 2018 at 11:43 am

Brace was terrible on the radio. No concept of the spoken english language. Literally no idea about Xs & Os of a game…any game. As ex-collegiate soccer player/coaches we love to giggle at his Union “analysis”…totally clueless.

• Kevin Conley September 21, 2018 at 3:08 pm

Brace was amazing on the radio. Great concept of the spoken english language. Literally a genius about Xs & Os of a game…any game. As ex-collegiate soccer player/coaches we love to giggle at his package. totally great.

• Kyle Stinks September 21, 2018 at 12:31 pm

Because Sean Brace doesnt know shit about shit. Follow him on twitter and you will instantly know he doesnt know shit about shit. How that moron has his own website is beyond me. I thin Kyle stinks but at least he can tie his own fucking shoes.

• Job from 95 September 21, 2018 at 1:18 pm

CAUSE HE SUCCCCCCCKS

• 4am Meetings September 21, 2018 at 9:42 am

Excellent… another Italian sports talk host… hmmm

• Dan Griffoni September 21, 2018 at 10:34 am

Ehh Pizones! Let’s make some spicy meata balls !

• bob grier September 21, 2018 at 9:46 am

From Bad to WORST! Marc Farzetta is TERRIBLE!

• The Bagster Bag September 21, 2018 at 9:46 am

Good riddance! You’d have thought he was on top of the world the way other hosts, notably MM, cozied up to him.

• meat locker fan September 21, 2018 at 9:49 am

free the cuz

• why do I read this September 21, 2018 at 9:50 am

Wow, Kyle. Taking pride in someone finding out they’ve been fired. Classy, adult move.

• Actual radio insider September 21, 2018 at 9:51 am

Breaking News:

The Cuz is moving to LA and will be a commentator for Fox NFL Sunday PreGame. Congrats to the Cuz on the huge promotion. Philly will always love you Cuz.

• James Bell September 21, 2018 at 9:52 am

You guys are crazy. Say what you want about the Cuz and his “schtick”, but he was ALL Philly sports, ALL the time. He had great relationships with people like Baldy and Spags who all broke down the games more in depth then any other sports show. And he didn’t just focus on football. He also had great relationships with the listeners.
    I listened EVERY morning from Miami Beach, and now I’m done with 97.5. WIP morning show is HORRIBLE!!! ITS A CLOWN SHOW with zero sports analysis, and HORRIBLE comedy. They just won in the ratings bc they’ve been a staple on sports radio since the late 80’s. I guess I’m going back to Sirius radio. Whoever made this decision at 97.5 should be fired. He/She knows nothing about Philadelphia or Philadelphia sports.
    PEACE.

• Kiera Missinelli September 21, 2018 at 10:01 am

Gagrgano was nothing but an over the top bullshitting brown noser.
      I listened to his show every morning from my mountain top chalet in
      the Swiss Alps. and just couldn’t take it any more.

Missinelli is the next to be shit canned. He’s getting beat
      regularly by Ike Reese and thats pretty Fn bad.

• Hee Huhree September 21, 2018 at 10:03 am

That is bad, Ike Reese can’t even speak clearly. Sounds like DMX grunting. AWFUL.

• Kevin Kinkead September 21, 2018 at 10:30 am

DMX > Kendrick

• Kyle Stinks September 21, 2018 at 12:33 pm

• KK Scab September 21, 2018 at 5:19 pm

Shut up Scab

• Help! Hollis Thomas is choking! September 24, 2018 at 12:30 am

Have you heard Hollis Thomas speak yet? Makes Ike sound like a poet laureate.

• Radio Insider September 21, 2018 at 1:48 pm

You’d better re-check those ratings again, Yo.

• CB Veteran September 21, 2018 at 10:02 am

GTFO of here with “broke down the games more in depth then any other sports show”. Baldy is the worst and when he and Gargano were on together it was the biggest meat-head-circle-jerk ever. Breaking down game film on the radio, what an incredibly stupid idea. Also, all Bob Cooney ever said was “I was just saying the same thing Ant” or “I was just texting my buddy about that last night”. He provides nothing to the show.

• Dan Griffoni September 21, 2018 at 10:40 am

You girls are crazy. Say what you want about the Cuz and his thick “schtick”, but he was ALL Silly sports, ALL the time. He had great relationships with men who all broke down and cried then any other show. And he didn’t just focus on balls. He also had great relationships with the psteners.
      I listened EVERY fourth morning from Jupiter, and now I’m a bigger fan of 97.5. WIP morning show is AMAZEBALLS!!! ITS A GENIUS SHOW with SO MUCH sports analysis, and HYSTERICAL comedy. They win in the ratings bc they staple their nuts to their legs and I love it. I guess I’m going back to 97.5. Whoever made this decision at 97.5 should be elected president of the United States. He/She knows everything about Philadelphia and the planet in general.
      PEACE.

• Tom N Malvern September 21, 2018 at 2:19 pm

This is 100% correct, CreepyOlCataldi in the morning fawning over AWFUL CargoCity Strippers is disgusting. The management at 97.5 is CLUELESS.. the fact that none of these stations realize, NOONE under 35 is still listening from a hardRadio and not taking this into account in the ratings. TheMeatLocker is the BEST hours of radio in the city led alone sportsRadio. The station will continue to fail by completely not understanding the demo and how they use the product.

• Zach Geiser September 22, 2018 at 1:30 am

Amen. Dissapointing. Good luck cuz

• bo September 29, 2018 at 12:58 am

Daaaw Gaaak…..his ratings sucked bo

• Hee Huhree September 21, 2018 at 10:01 am

All radio is unlistenable, there are too many damn commercials. I have a 15 minute commute and somedays when I turn it on I wont hear anything except commercials for the entire drive. Then again I tried the Crossing Broadcast and that is just as unlistenable.

• CB Veteran September 21, 2018 at 10:06 am

I’ll agree with you on the commercials. For what ever reason a while back they flipped the timing of the commercials. Now on my 20 minute commute to work I hear commercial, bitch and complain line, commercial. It’s terrible; I would think that 7:00am to 8:00am is when most people are commuting to work but that hour is filled with commercials and stupid schitck radio.

• DSDM September 21, 2018 at 10:15 am

This is the Beasley model except for the high cost hosts.

• Steng September 21, 2018 at 10:06 am

Funny cuz story:
    This fucker sits down a bar in the city and picks up a drink that clearly wasn’t his (he hadn’t ordered anything!). It was a completely full Old Fashioned, covered with a coaster. The guy whose drink this was, was outside smoking a cig, The Cuz comes in, sits in his clearly occupied seat, and starts drinking his drink. Then can’t believe he had to pay for it. What is wrong with him. He even dropped” i’m The cuz what’s up “

• Huge Fan of Huge Fan of Huge Fan of Kevin Kinkerkaid's Soul Glow Hair September 21, 2018 at 10:07 am

True story Cuz has a huge hog and will do fine as women are just attracted to him uncontrollably

• William Rhodes September 21, 2018 at 10:12 am

Hopefully Missanelli quits in solidarity. 975 is falling apart and will be a country station by the end of the year.

• FN Punk September 21, 2018 at 10:36 am

Misenelli is nothong more than an over the top bully.

• DSDM September 21, 2018 at 10:12 am

Gargano had become a parody of himself. The last year became unlistenable. I agree that Baldy adds value but that just isn’t enough. Farz could actually be worse though. I just don’t get how the people who hire media talent look at him and say, “yea, there’s our next star”. It defies logic. He is not interesting, has an annoying presence and cannot carry a show on his own. As for the future of 97.5, it really does not look good. If Miss cannot beat Marks and Reese with the advantage of being simulcast on NBC Sports, then I just don’t see how they can justify his salary. The fact is Beasley is hyper cost conscious and can change the format, cut the costs dramatically and make a profit even if the ratings shrink by 50%. It looks like we are entering into the final days for 97.5.

• I agree, they are done September 21, 2018 at 10:35 am

There will be one sports station when the smoke clears. Mikey is near retirement anyway. He has been talking about it for years. Now that Cuz is gone it will be so easy for WIP to continue to win the morning even when Angelo retires. This move also spells doom for midday show with Harry and Jason. The lead-in will be significantly reduced and all those listeners will have their radio set on 94.1.

• AB the dream maker September 21, 2018 at 6:07 pm

What makes you think the midday show lead in was good? He the Cuz was getting destroyed in the ratings.

• Kevin Conley September 21, 2018 at 10:45 am

Gargano had become a parrott. The last year became highly listenable. I agree that Baldy adds value and that is more than enough. Farz could actually be the best of all time though. I totally get how the people who hire media talent look at him and say, “yea, there’s our next star”. It is very logical. He is interesting, has a great presence and can carry a show on his own. As for the future of 97.5, it really does look good. If Miss continues to beat Marks and Reese with the advantage of being simulcast on NBC Sports, then I totally see how they can justify his salary. The fact is Beasley is not cost conscious and can change the format, cut the costs dramatically and make a profit even if the ratings shrink by 50000%. It looks like we are entering into the final days for life on planet earth..

• Kevin AKA Farzey September 21, 2018 at 11:02 am

Your not fooling anyone. Go back to your lame PST with Amy Da Fool.

• Farzetta is the worst September 21, 2018 at 5:32 pm

Farzetta might be single handedly the most annoying on air personality in Philly radio history! Bad enough we had to see his man boobs stuffed into a tight dress shirt everyday, sleeves rolled up, tie down EVERYDAY. That’s cute his mommy dresses him for tv. Seriously, how can ANYONE think this dude can carry a show? He’s so fake

• The cuz's transcript September 21, 2018 at 10:15 am
  • Did blow with Jerry blavat couple summers back in margate September 21, 2018 at 10:25 am

Cuz was too much of a homer fan boy like the eagles beat writers

• JTP September 24, 2018 at 1:52 pm

I mainly couldn’t STAND is over -the-top South Philly voice

• I told you guys this was about money September 21, 2018 at 10:30 am

Ant was getting paid big bucks at the station and the ratings didn’t justify it. Farzy is much less money. Also don’t think for a moment this won’t impact the ratings. Cuz had a very loyal following. As the previous post stated he had relationships with football guys all over the country. There is not a chance that Marc can carry the show with this crew. They would have been better served just letting Eye-tan host.

• a September 21, 2018 at 10:40 am

I feel bad for Jamie Lynch. Farzetta is a turd.

• Oh, the Bro September 21, 2018 at 11:03 am

Won’t see him around no more.

• DSDM September 21, 2018 at 2:26 pm

He won’t have to worry about it in the long run. I don’t see the station sticking with sports. Perhaps as soon as the end of football season. Not sure how much longer Miss contract runs.

• Kevin Conley September 21, 2018 at 10:49 am

Ant was getting paid small bucks at the station and the ratings justified it. Farzy is much more money. Also don’t think for a moment this will impact the ratings. Cuz had a very stupid following. As the previous post stated he had relationships with gymnastics guys all over the country. There is a 1,000,0000% chance that Marc can carry the show with this crew. They would have been better serving peanut butter and jelly for lunch.

• Ron Bowman Sucks September 21, 2018 at 11:01 am

You mean no more Adam Schefter awkward and uncomfortable interviews where you can clearly tell he has a millions things he’d rather be doing than talking to Ant?

• mcb September 21, 2018 at 3:03 pm

Nah dude, remember Cuz would always tell Schefty to tell his kids Uncky Ant says hiiiii. That shows how close they were bruh.

• Eagleye5 September 21, 2018 at 11:38 am

What ratings? His ratings were bad and had not improved in years.

• Josh Innes September 21, 2018 at 10:53 am

LOL sucks for you Cuz! What an fat unemployed loser! Oh wait….

• Huge Fan of Ava Graham September 21, 2018 at 10:57 am

Unemployed? Doesn’t Josh have the morning show in Houston?

• Randy in philly from bennington September 21, 2018 at 11:02 am

This was a huge mistake. The beginning of the end for 975. I bet that Mike Miss moves to WIP in 2 years. The Cuz was Philadelphia sports. Angelo is terrible.

• Kevin Conley September 21, 2018 at 11:08 am

This was not a huge mistake. The beginning of the golden era for 975. I bet that Mike Miss moves to Japan in 2 years and teleworks for 97.5. The Cuz was Philadelphia cheese steaks. Angelo is the king..

• Bob means jobs September 21, 2018 at 11:05 am

I hope so Bob. Can you find me one. Signed Cuz.

• Larry September 21, 2018 at 11:25 am

How the hell does Farzetta keep getting jobs? Mind blown. The guy is insufferable.

• What are they Thinking September 21, 2018 at 11:29 am

Stunning. Just stunning. Terrible decision. Farzetta. lol

• glen macnow September 21, 2018 at 11:30 am

Geeez…I feel bad about this! No really…no really hahahahahahahhaha

• Eagleye5 September 21, 2018 at 11:35 am

I like many have said in the past thought Gargano going H2H against Cataldi was a good thing because Cataldi’s act like grown old. But Gargano was impossible to listen to in the morning with his schtick. I would listen to Cataldi or Preston and Steve on the drive to work, didnt even bother to turn on 97.5 before 10am. The SADDEST part is you just know Gargano will re-appear on WIP in the next year or two.

• Dan Griffoni September 21, 2018 at 11:52 am

I like many have said in the past thought Gargano going H2H against Cataldi was a bad thing because Cataldi’s act was fresh and invigorating. But Gargano was easy on the ears in the morning with his dainty Italian accent. I would listen to gargano on the drive to work, didnt even bother to turn on the air conditioner before 10am. The grooviest part is you just know Gargano will re-appear on reruns of seinfeld in the next year or two.

• MCW's bangs September 21, 2018 at 11:38 am

Good! More time for Cuz to wrap his meat hooks around my loins

• Eagleye5 September 21, 2018 at 11:43 am

Hopefully Farzetta stops doing PST along with AF. I grew up on Barkann and I honestly cant watch the show now. Fadool with her constant high school AV sarcastic comments every time she talks, and Farzetta simply is not someone who should be on tv with his thin ties, fat fore arms, rolled up sleeves. At least they had the make up people fix his eyes, no one had worse racoon eyes on tv, you would have thought we were in Sioux City not Philadelphia with that face on tv. This was simply a $$$ and performance decision. Farzetta is significantly cheaper and his ratings may actually improve in a year. What are the Vegas odds on whether or not Gargano re-appears on WIP within 18 months?

• Duke's Lacrosse Team September 21, 2018 at 11:46 am

Kyle’s “inside” Fanatic information comes from Eric Camille, Executive Director of 97.5 The Fanatic. Any dirt Kyle gets about the station from the outside he quietly gives to Camille in return. Coach didn’t have the balls to be in the room when Cuz would be told, so he had snitch boy run with the scoop. I guess it sucks to be a rat in a house full of snakes.

• Fire The Bro Next!!!!! September 21, 2018 at 12:14 pm

Good riddance! Now we don’t have to listen to 14 weeks of DOPE Gargano and his “smartest guy in the room attitude,” telling all of us we’re wrong and he’s right.

Nothing worse than his annoying giddy “ginger jesus” and “revenant” music. See ya stoonod!

• Gabe Kaplers Tanned Nuts September 21, 2018 at 12:33 pm

Farzetta is garbage. They will never beat Angelo

• Dean Domino September 21, 2018 at 12:52 pm

It will nice not hearing Gargano slobber over Carson (aka Ginger Jesus) on the radio anymore.

But he’ll probably be back on WIP filling in on weekends, just like Rob Ellis.

• Dick Trickle September 21, 2018 at 1:32 pm

Delilah’s or Penthouse Club?

• Cleveland Stammer September 21, 2018 at 3:29 pm

Delilah’s all day. Not even close. They don’t overcharge for LDs and they don’t have a 20 dollar price gauging ATM . surcharge.

• Cant Get Right September 21, 2018 at 1:37 pm

Farzetta is BLAND AF. I used to hate when he would fill in for Angelo. Best thing he did was MEALEYS HOT SEAT and that was usually only good for the cringe factor. Plus he suffers from typical announcer voice.

• Dan Griffoni September 21, 2018 at 1:56 pm

Farzetta is ENTERTAINING AF. I used to LOVE when he would fill in for Angelo. Best thing I’ve ever heard in my life was MEALEYS HOT SEAT. Plus he suffers from typical announcer face.

• It`s Jolly Time September 21, 2018 at 2:06 pm

Found it funny Farzetta looked to be WIP`s Golden Boy and likely Cataldi`s succesor then he QUIETLY leaves WIP in June after 13 years without any fanfare? Something was up for a while here, I wouldn`t be stunned if Missanelli is gone soon too since he`s overpriced and not really bringing the numbers like he use too. When Farzetta use to host on WIP when Angelo was on vacation i would change the channel because he`s TERRIBLE, he thinks he`s so cool. I think since 97.5 has been a station the ONLY SHOW i ever listened to over there was Tony Bruno and Harry Mayes. This won`t work either.

• They are going to turn 97.5 into a lean mean fighting machine September 21, 2018 at 2:26 pm

Low cost employees. Giving producers shifts. Producers don’t make anything so they are happy to be on-air with slight bump in pay. They don’t make much more than $40,000 if that. What looks out of place now at 97.5. One guy earning $600,000 and everyone else earning $100,000 or less. They will probably give Marc around $125,000 with bonuses if the ratings go up

• Dan Griffoni September 21, 2018 at 3:06 pm

High cost employees. Giving producers head. Producers make alot so they are happy to be on-air with huge bump in pay. They make much more than $400,000. What looks out of place now at 97.5. One guy earning $600,000 and everyone else earning $700,000 or more. They will probably give Marc around $725,000 with bonuses if the ratings go up

• Roy didinger September 21, 2018 at 4:22 pm

DOes this guy make sense or what?

• TRISH SPORTS September 21, 2018 at 2:29 pm

Found it funny Farzetta looked to be WIP`s Golden Shower and likely Cataldi`s sucker then he LOUDLY leaves WIP in June after 13 years with a ton of fanfare? Something was up for a while here, I would be stunned if Missanelli is gone soon too since he`s a bargain and really bringing the numbers like he always does. Farzetta use to host on WIP when Angelo was on vacation i would record the channel because it was must listen radio, he`s so cool. I think since 97.5 has been a station the ONLY SHOW i won’t listen to over there is Tony Bruno and Harry Mayes. This will definitely work.

• It's being reported by the Influence-her September 21, 2018 at 2:17 pm

That Ant was offered middays and turned it down. They were ready to drop Harry and Jason if Cuz would have accepted the demotion. So great. Those guys will be out the door next. Cuz took a buyout instead.

• Dan Griffoni September 21, 2018 at 2:32 pm

That Ant was not offered middays is a shame. They were ready to promote Harry and Jason and fire Cuz. So great. Those guys will be the next big thing. Cuz got hosed.

• Instigator September 21, 2018 at 5:00 pm

U r the only one saying this I call bs

• KArma September 21, 2018 at 2:59 pm

Cuz changed his whole act and couldn’t get away from his cartoon character persona.

He was constantly trying to get discovered for a national gig.

Years ago he wasn’t so annoying. He started this new cuz act and ruined his career.

Just be yourself. It makes life much easier.

• Kevin Conley September 21, 2018 at 3:04 pm

Cuz never changed his act and I loved his cartoon character persona.

He will get discovered for a national gig.

Years ago he wasn’t so great, but he has tailored his craft. He started this new cuz act and his career will skyrocket.

Just do it, it makes life much easier.

• Jefferey Johnson September 21, 2018 at 3:16 pm

Farzetta in morning drive in a top 10 radio market? Really?

Philly sports radio is SOOOOOO boring…recycled names go back and forth between the two stations. It’s why WIP should just hand Angelo a blank check until he can’t get out of bed anymore…the competition is just laughable.

• Shawn McCarthy September 21, 2018 at 4:16 pm

Why don’t they just put ray didinger on so everyone can sleep longer .

• I hope Vai never appears on the 97.5 again September 21, 2018 at 4:35 pm

The only person worse on radio than him is that M@rshall H@rris guy on WIP. He was dumped by C S N and they actually give him shifts.

• You know who does an amazing job on radio September 21, 2018 at 4:44 pm

Dei Ly nam. She should be promoted from the Saturday afternoon shift to Middays. She knows all four sports and is veritable walking encyclopedia when it comes to basketball. It’s time for Harry and Jason to visit the unemployment line.

• Instigator September 21, 2018 at 4:51 pm

Harry and Jason have the best show on either station right now

• John Stein September 24, 2018 at 3:54 am

Harry and Jason along with Devon Givens are the only ones I can stand listening to.

• No one cares about, hockey. September 25, 2018 at 7:47 pm

I agree. It’s the only on sports radio I listen to. They are having a good time.

• Dei lynam September 21, 2018 at 5:35 pm

I certainly have the face for it.

• DSD September 21, 2018 at 5:47 pm

Fact of the matter…Gargano’s ratings were way too low to be getting paid what he was getting paid. So 97.5 dumped him and brought in a younger, cheaper replacement who has the potential to cultivate his own fanbase (though I kinda doubt it). Also agree with the previous poster who commented that 97.5’s days may be numbered. That station is basically Missanelli now… And he’s not doing great with his ratings either. Wouldn’t be shocked if 97.5 buys out Missanelli’s contract and just wraps it up. As for Gargano, I think he’ll wind up back at WIP or maybe contributing on NBCPhilly. I think the guy has radio chops if he just stays away from his stupid shtick and just be himself. One negative…He can’t carry a show by himself. Wouldn’t be shocked if he winds up on Angelo’s show as a sidekick. He’ll have to take a payout, but it may be the best move for him right now.

• For Real September 22, 2018 at 8:47 pm

Cuz has talent and knows football and basketball. Better than anyone else on those two stations, (Devon Givens knows BBall, Ike knows football and baseball, Angelo knows strippers). If he would stop that Shtick, as everyone calls it, he’s good to listen to. Oh well. And Farzetta was hand-picked by Angelo, for god knows what reason. (Sinatra imitation? Like a son Angelo never had?) I don’t know why. I can’t listen to him.

• Eytan’s Weed Dealer September 24, 2018 at 8:53 am

I guess I’m in the minority. I love Garagano. Can not stand Shander. Cataldi is a blubbering fool. Hopefully Gargano replaces Ike Reese and is teamed with Johnny Marks again.

• Fake Cuz September 25, 2018 at 10:26 am

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDD Bye every body.

• He is from South Jersey not South Philly September 25, 2018 at 12:02 pm

I’m going to miss the “my friend from childhood, Bob Marino” commercials. How does Spring Garden Lending survive now. The 400 pound cuz was actually doinking MCW in his Society Hill apartment. His wife booted him out a couple of years ago. The “Cuz” now makes Hollis Thomas look thin. Between him, Amy Da Fool and Dei, the Eagles could play a 3-4 with those meats!!

• Eagles Fan South September 25, 2018 at 6:36 pm

I am going to miss Anthony Gargano. I listen to all things Philly sports…97.5, WIP, BGN podcasts, even Spuds, and the morning show has been my favorite over the past few years. Hopefully Anthony lands back on his feet soon, even if it’s in the podcast world. I felt like an uncle died when I heard the news. Now living in the metro DC area I miss the hometown Philly flavor. Listening the Anthony Gargano made me feel like I was home again.

• Angry Al September 25, 2018 at 9:22 pm

I don’t know if Ant is actually done. He’s mug is still all over the website. Also Nat posted a pic with Gritty today and there was still a poster of him on the wall

• Longlivethecuz September 26, 2018 at 11:16 am

Gargano was only reason I listened to 97.5 terrible move. Farsetta makes my ears bleed. Ant should start a podcast. Real football guy. If you don’t like the meatlocker you don’t like football. So many stupid fans anymore.

• Jim September 27, 2018 at 8:43 pm

Well, I guess I’ll just listen to podcasts in the morning. Can’t stand 94.1’s morning show with Cataldi. 97.5 is screwing up here.

• Jack Straw from Wichita September 28, 2018 at 4:48 am

I loved listening to The Cuz!

He was one of the guys. when I listen to him it was like sitting around with your buddies and talkin’ Philly sports.

I can NOT listen to Cataldi.

Sad to see the Cuz back-stabbed like that.

I wish him well and I know he will find success wherever he goes. I hope he stays local.

• done with the fanantic September 28, 2018 at 10:54 am

This a joke. I have loved cuz since the glen mac afternoon show. fanatic you have lost a listener, app uninstalled. Way to get rid of the one guy who is actually philly, and knows philly. idiots