Lacrosse returns to Philadelphia this winter, which means the Wells Fargo Center is now going to host three teams and a bunch of side events like Metallica and Josh Groban, who are two of my favorite musical acts.
The NLL released the schedule today for your expansion Wings and there are nine home games at the Center beginning in December and ending in April.
The home games:
- Saturday, December 15th – Buffalo
- Saturday, January 12th – Georgia
- Saturday, January 26th – Toronto
- Friday, February 1st – Rochester
- Saturday, February 9th – Colorado
- Saturday, February 16th – New England
- Friday, March 8th – vs. Buffalo
- Saturday, March 23rd – New England
- Saturday, April 6th – Calgary
Seven Saturdays and two Fridays for no interference with the Sixers. There are four home games that will be played on the same day as Flyers games, but they are splitting them up in the afternoon and night to allow crews to do the arena changeover. They also shoved a pair of home games into the NHL and NBA all-star breaks.
The back-end schedule features three road games to cap off the season, which I’d assume is necessary to free up the Center by the time the Sixers and Flyers hit the playoffs.
Here’s the schedule in a visual format, if you prefer: