Eagles Bring Back Dexter McDougle, Waive Destiny Vaeao

Photo Credit: Douglas DeFelice-USA TODAY Sports

From the team account:

Vaeao was set to take a big step forward this season with the departure of Beau Allen and the injury to Tim Jernigan, but that never really materliazed. He played a little more than 150 snaps and logged two tackles and a sack that was more or less a gift play. The Birds look thin at DT and don’t have much beyond Fletcher Cox and Haloti Ngata heading into Sunday, so I guess Michael Bennett will line up at tackle for a chunk of snaps.

The 27-year-old McDougle played eight games for the Eagles last season after he was acquired in a preseason trade with the New York Jets. He was later released and spent part of the year with the Saints. McDougle was a former third round pick who tore his ACL as a rookie and later found a role as a special teamer.

• Robert Frank October 16, 2018 at 6:38 pm

Heard a rumor from a buddy who works at nova care the eagles are going trade for beast mode

• Reese Merrill October 16, 2018 at 8:56 pm

I thought this McDougle guy was bullet ridden and cut years ago?

• Pop Pop in the AM October 16, 2018 at 6:53 pm

Any chance you’re related to Rueben Frank?

• Mitch Cumsteen October 16, 2018 at 7:30 pm

I heard Beast mode is part Indian just like Warren .

• Marble mouth hollis October 16, 2018 at 8:58 pm

Most minorities like Elizabeth Warren and Beast Mode have some small percentage of Native American blood in them.

• Dominic October 16, 2018 at 8:36 pm

Cuz was just talkin bout this on the Meat Locker tonight.

• Matt Guokas October 16, 2018 at 10:30 pm

Fultz sucks. Thanks collar for setting the sixers back by drafting that stiff

• Radio legend Paul Jolovitz October 17, 2018 at 5:34 am

Kevin, any word as to whether I will be featured at Joe Conklin’s comedy night at Parx? You know, I opened the Wing Bowl with my stand up 18 years ago and “killed”— that’s a term they use in stand up circles and it means great success.

• Jackie puppet October 17, 2018 at 6:36 am

This wasn’t funny the first 5 times you posted it.

• Radio Legend Paul Jolovitz October 17, 2018 at 8:28 am

That statement hurt my feelings

• Paul upset with the listeners October 17, 2018 at 8:55 am

You mean to tell me that nobody out there knows the starting left tackle for the 1947 Eagles team. Folks this easy. I always thought my listeners were knowledgeable fans. I’ll give you a hint. He worked on the assembly line at the Budd plant in the offseason. He was featured in newspaper advertisements locally with his picture selling window fans at Woolworths. Let’s take some calls. We have Mike from Delco. Was it Jon Runyan. Jolly, Mike are you serious. Jon wasn’t born until 1973. Again folks we are looking for the starting left tackle from the 1947 team!

• Progressive Democrat October 17, 2018 at 6:58 am

In Philly, Delco, and Montco thousands of white guilt, soy boy, emaciated, weaklings are screaming about Trust The Process

• Gene October 17, 2018 at 8:06 am

Stop killing spotted lanterflys! They have a right to life too! It’s not they’re fault that their hear! I hate cruelty to animals!