Josina Anderson’s Source

So this is interesting.

A few days ago NFL Insider Josina Anderson appeared on NFL Live with information from a source describing why the Eagles have struggled this season.

This source says there’s no Super Bowl hangover, but a chemistry issue instead, while also suggesting that Zach Ertz is receiving too many targets and the coaches are not running the football enough.

Here’s the clip:

Over at Bleeding Green Nation, Brandon Lee Gowton writes this:

It sure sounds like Anderson’s Eagles source is an offensive player. I’ll note that Anderson seemingly has a close relationship with Alshon Jeffery. (Some examples: herehereherehereherehere, and here.)

Yeah, she does.

Here are some of those linked examples BLG shared, after the jump:

Good shout by Brandon.

No idea if it’s true, but something to think about.

• KP November 30, 2018 at 1:52 pm

I guess you would have a better judgment on this since you’re the journalist, but just rubs me the wrong way trying to “out” sources

• Kevin Kinkead November 30, 2018 at 2:00 pm

Hmm, well I don’t think it’s an effort to “out” a source, I just find it rather interesting that she obviously has a relationship with Alshon and that the information she shared likely came from an offensive player. Smoke/fire? Maybe, maybe not.

Even without knowing who it is, the video clip itself sheds some light on how some people view this season internally vs. how we view it externally. I’ve never really considered the idea that Zach Ertz is getting TOO MANY targets, for example.

• El Shermundo November 30, 2018 at 2:21 pm

I’ve said all along that Ertz is being targeted too much, but I feel that it is because the offensive line isn’t giving time for plays to develop or that we have a threat that can spread the field and make every receiver a potential weapon. The lack of run game doesn’t help either.

But the thing is, when you only have 1.5-2 seconds to throw the ball, the short route is the easiest route to connect with and that seems to be what Ertz is running with lots of people complaining he doesn’t get to the sticks enough. It doesn’t make sense to me why they can’t scheme Golden Tate in those same type of routes and let him use his breakaway speed and elusiveness to get you necessary YACs.

7 out of 11 games this season Ertz has had double-digit targets (the others were 9, 8, 6, 3). Plus, if you take the report about Carson still not being healthy and shouldn’t be playing in to account, then the fact they have 5 wins should be seen as a positive.

• Kevin Kinkead November 30, 2018 at 3:03 pm

good points

• SH November 30, 2018 at 1:55 pm

Sounds like a WR wants the ball more. What else is new?

• Meat locker 4 life November 30, 2018 at 2:34 pm

Sounds like Cuz is her source.

• Kevin kinkade named names November 30, 2018 at 2:41 pm

Missed Jason today but the Cuz still delivered a great show.

• Would love to dry hump Kristen Rodgers November 30, 2018 at 2:55 pm

I wish the birds would draft a stud LB in the first round like the cowboys did the last few years

• Dan Griffoni November 30, 2018 at 2:59 pm

I wish the Birds were the Cowboys

• DeSean Jaccson November 30, 2018 at 3:32 pm

Alshon’s probably given Josina the deep ball, if you get my drift.

I’m out versus the Panthers this week so I’ve got plenty of time on my hands.