Andy Martino is at it Again

I’d like to apologize.

When mentioning Andy Martino yesterday, I failed to recall that he covered the Philadelphia Phillies back in the day. I think I was still living in Georgia back then, and had just watched the Phils win the World Series in Atlanta Braves country, which was kind of cool.

So please accept my apology for the oversight. I will try to #BeBetter moving forward.

To the blog post, then, which involves a couple of new tweets from Martino, who now works in New York:

Hmm.. smells fishy. Scott Boras? Is that you?

The skepticism for anything Martino-related stems from this Tuesday tweet, which curiously came out a short time after the news that Manny Machado had signed with San Diego:

Anyway, Martino could very well be on to something here, I just don’t like the content of his tweets. I don’t like hearing about a “tough road” for the Phillies to sign Bryce Harper. I want an easy road. A direct road. I want the opposite of Robert Frost’s road less traveled by. I want a straightforward path. I want Harper in Philadelphia on a 10 year contract worth $300,000,001. That way Harper gets his money and Boras gets his victory over Dan Lozano.

Time’s yours.

• Ricky Bobby February 20, 2019 at 10:57 am

I don’t believe turd Mets writers.

• Jason McLaughlin February 20, 2019 at 10:59 am

Unfortunately, Boras wants a victory over every contract ever signed in American sport… Not just a W over little Dan Lozano.

• Ryan February 20, 2019 at 11:01 am

Also worth noting he loves trolling Mets fans. He’s not really a NY homer.

• do the deal February 20, 2019 at 11:04 am

When Jayson Stark says Harper doesn’t like Philly, THEN I’ll worry, What? He said that? Oh no.
    Anyway….offer him $340,340,034. He’ll come. He likes money.

• Scott Boras February 20, 2019 at 11:21 am

How does it feel to be my puppet?

• Robert Frost February 20, 2019 at 11:23 am

This is the second time in a week this site has used a misanalysis of my famous poem.

• can tra thomas speak? February 20, 2019 at 11:26 am

I think Harper is someone the fan base will hate after a couple years. Then we tied to that ridiculous contract.. Let him move it on.

• So Taguchi - Phillies Legend February 20, 2019 at 11:28 am

Boras is all about the $$$. Offer him the most money and Harper signs here. Its pretty simple. If The Phils don’t get him it will only be because our GM doesn’t see the ‘value’ and doesn’t offer the most cash. I’m all for spending smart, but baseball is a salary cap-less sport, and this team has gotten by on the cheap for 5 years now so its time to spend. Trading for Realmuto and signing McCutchen but not coughing up the cash for Harper is like spending money and time building a nice rec room and then refusing to overpay a bit for a big ass top of the line tv.

• Is wip a rock station again? February 20, 2019 at 11:30 am

Loved hearing Dominic talk to the Cuz today. Awesome baby!

• Mull February 20, 2019 at 11:30 am

I choose not to believe him because I do not like what he is saying!

• 97.5 owns philly February 20, 2019 at 11:42 am

Got to admit I am loving the Fanatics Bryce Harper coverage today. Don’t normally listen, but I totally get why 97.5 is #1

• Angelo’s laugh track. February 20, 2019 at 11:49 am

Good one

• Gary barbera February 20, 2019 at 11:59 am

I get it too. I cut my ads from WIP last year when I saw their ratings starting to tank. I’m all in on the Fanatic now, just like everyone else.

• The 4 for 4 lifestyle February 20, 2019 at 12:01 pm

This martino guy is a wannabe cuz . Meanwhile he couldn’t hold the cuz’s jock strap

• Shart Shartveit February 20, 2019 at 1:28 pm

Martino has never gotten over the fact that half the comments on all of his stories on Philly. Com were about he looked like a baby in man’s clothing . So then he grew a beard and the jokes got worst.

• workers comp-collecting, full-time sports radio caller February 20, 2019 at 1:32 pm

If Phils get Harper, fans will give him a standing O on opening day. And the second he launches his first HR into the right field upper deck, they’ll have quickly forgotten about all of this.

• Bryce Harper February 20, 2019 at 1:35 pm

Martino looks like I hit him in the face with a bat