Bryce Harper was on with Mikey Miss Today

Photo Credit: Douglas DeFelice-USA TODAY Sports

Today on Twitter, I saw a couple of people ripping Mike Missanelli after he put out a tweet revealing that Bryce Harper would be on his show.

WIP already did the interview, you’re too late,” said one genius, who thought he was really being clever.

So here’s your reminder:

1. 94 WIP is the Phillies’ broadcast partner.
  2. 97.5 the Fanatic is not the Phillies’ broadcast partner.

THEREFORE –

94 WIP is getting the Bryce Harper interview before 97.5 the Fanatic.

Glad we’ve established that.

Notes and quotes from Bryce’s appearance on the Mikey Miss show:

• right now he’s just using simulated games to see as many pitches as he can, get his timing down, and get ready for games
  • he is appreciative of minor league pitchers throwing to him in the preseason and walked out to the mound to thank them after the session
  • Harper reiterated that he wanted to make his free agency decision himself and didn’t want “any outside influence.” He talked to Jayson Werth to get an idea of what Philadelphia was all about, but he wanted to do his own due diligence and research the city and franchise on his own.
  • He understands why Jayson Werth was received the way he was on his return to Philadelphia. “We’ll see what happens,” said Harper of returning to Washington.
  • Every time he met with Phillies people it “felt right.” The meetings were “very open and honest.”

He also went into detail on when he made the final choice to come to Philly:

I remember getting the call last Thursday. It was 9 a.m. or 8 a.m. and Scott (Boras) called me and said ‘Philly’s made their final offer and now the decision making starts.’ I sat there with my wife and we said, ‘yeah we’re gonna go to Philly.’ Then San Fran called immediately after that, and I remember hugging her and saying that we were going to Philly, like ‘I’m excited, let’s frickin pack, let’s get down to Clearwater,’ and then San Fran called and offered and I was like, ‘man now I gotta try to make a decision.’ But I looked at my wife and said, ‘we’re going to Philly, I already made my decision.’

More after the jump:

• Harper said he thought about San Francisco for “about a second” before settling on Philadelphia.
  • He was given recommendations of Haddonfield, Old City, downtown Philadelphia, and Rittenhouse Square as possible places to live.
  • He says his dad wanted him to “feel the game,” which allows him to stay within himself and continue with his swing, which works for him.
  • He enjoys hitting off speed pitches and says the difference between good and great hitters is that they find their pitch and get the barrel on the ball.
  • RE: the Mike Trout comments, he doubled down on the idea that he would sell Philly as a destination if possible –“why wouldn’t I want somebody of the caliber of the player I talked about not to be on the field? You want the best players to come to your team…”

I can’t embed the audio, so listen to the full 13 minute interview on the 97.5 website:

• Fair Criticism March 7, 2019 at 3:58 pm

You’re right to point out someone trying to make fun of Mike Miss for being 2nd on the interview schedule. HOWEVER, 97.5 puts in a ton of work in their promos to declare themselves the “Voice of Philadelphia” or “Philadelphia’s Football Station”. They bring it on themselves. I don’t think I’ve ever heard WIP call themselves “Philadelphia’s basketball station”. 97.5 has basically ripped off nearly everything WIP has done.

• Kevin Kinkead March 7, 2019 at 4:01 pm

It’s all corny anyway. In the news business, we’d throw out junk like “Coverage you can count on” when really it was just traffic, weather, and the same stories NBC, ABC, and FOX had

• Jim from havertown March 7, 2019 at 3:58 pm

Still can’t get smug mike miss disrespecting and poking chase during that interview couple years back . Cringe worthy

• Tee shirts, gambling ads and posts driven by sports talk radio March 7, 2019 at 4:04 pm

Your NEW CrossingBroad, ladies and gents!!

You’re worth far more than $55k for transcribing radio interviews, Kink. I’d threaten to walk and force Kyle to up you to at least $58k and maybe squeeze him for some dental bene’s. Let’s face it, they don’t want that Jarmblemski cat doing the cutting and pasting in your absence. Go get ‘em, Kink. Show some ambition!

Times yours.

• Kevin Kinkead March 7, 2019 at 4:07 pm

“I hate this website so much that I read it every day”

• William Rhodes March 7, 2019 at 4:05 pm

How’s Nat Egg looking these days?

• Average White Guy March 7, 2019 at 4:30 pm

I work in the accounting field with a good job. I’d like to ask Nat Egg on a date. Do I have a chance?

• She is walking around wearing hot pants and a halter top March 7, 2019 at 4:47 pm

Trying to make a move to land a baseball player with a $15-20 million year contract.

• Dean Domino March 7, 2019 at 4:52 pm

She’s over 30. Running out of time to land that big baller.

• Ron Hextall March 7, 2019 at 7:39 pm

Nah…I got this. I f#ck so hard I’ll bruise that taint with my flailing ballsack

• I'm a Man, Yes I am. March 7, 2019 at 5:16 pm

Hot. In that ” I know how to pretty myself up” kinda way.

• Reggie Noble March 8, 2019 at 7:29 am

I’d fuck, but her better years are behind her. Crows feet setting in, the face isn’t enough to offset the annoying AF laugh anymore……that ass is a ticking time bomb too, another few years and only the brothas will be chasing that shit, if not already happening

• tc March 7, 2019 at 4:27 pm

wish the cuz interviewed him instead

• He's moving to Moorestown like most local athletes March 7, 2019 at 4:45 pm

You pay less city wage tax if you live in NJ.

• Where exactly is "downtown Philly" if not... March 7, 2019 at 5:21 pm

OldE CIty or Rittenhouse?
    asking for a friend

• Bryce needs a mansion with a moat like like Howard March 7, 2019 at 7:29 pm

Not enough room for a moat in Center City.

• Scot Borass March 7, 2019 at 8:30 pm

Pulling the train on Leigh Middleton was the cherry on the “creampie.” SF wasn’t willing to match. I will say that it was weird while I was skull f*#king her it looked like she was being pounded out by a ghost because of the goddamn sheet Bryce was wearing…

• Denny Doyle March 8, 2019 at 1:17 pm

awesome

• Lyle Kaskowski March 8, 2019 at 7:41 am

I eat asswhole for breakfast. “I love the smell of taint/balls in the morning!”