Golden Tate is a New York Giant

Photo credit: Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports

We never liked him anyway!

Actually, I take it back. Golden Tate did some nice things here. The touchdown grab against the Bears will go down in Eagles history. I don’t harbor any ill will against him, I think I was more annoyed by the fact that the Eagles used a third round pick to trade for a slot receiver when they already had two slot receivers on the roster (Nelson Agholor and Jordan Matthews).

That’s also a good chunk of money for Golden Tate, who turns 31 in August, but I think he’ll do pretty well there, assuming Eli Manning dinks and dunks 3 yard crapola to him on the reg.

More importantly, this move helps the Eagles snag a compensatory pick as well, which I think would project to a fourth rounder. I’m not sure if the Giants are rebuilding or trying to win now, because this is a move that seems a little strange after committing to Eli but trading away Odell Beckham Jr.

• RENO MAHE FROM CHICKIE AND PETES 🦀 March 14, 2019 at 6:16 pm

Would been nice drafting a rb with that pick Howie gave away for loser Tate

– crab fries and cheese

• Rangers Yankees Ny Giants Fan March 14, 2019 at 10:06 pm

Why is it that Philly fans can rip the Dallas Cowboys ‘ fans for living in the past and constantly bringing up their past Super Bowl wins when you Philly fans are the doing the exact same thing with your teams super bowl, from 2 seasons ago?

• Captain cumstain March 14, 2019 at 10:23 pm

Because ours was this century?

• Benfranklin March 14, 2019 at 11:50 pm

Why would you hate on a guy traded here who they didn’t attempt to resign? How is that his fault? Embarrassing old Philadelphia negativity.

Good for him. TD at Bears was all time.

• Varsity blues March 14, 2019 at 6:35 pm

Eagles staff handled his first few wks here piss poor.
    They signed him the Monday after playing the last game going in to the bye wk.
    2 full wks to get him adjusted.
    The results were horrible.
    And he was ballin in Detroit.
    I have no problem with Tate, just the way they implimented him

• Internet pedagogue March 14, 2019 at 6:49 pm

It’s ‘implemented ‘, dunce. You’ve done been Gogued.

• comment awaiting approval March 14, 2019 at 9:10 pm

That TD grab against the Bears will “go down in Eagles history”? i think it’s much more likely to become an afterthought from a let down season. He was kind of a bust.

• kevin kinkhead March 14, 2019 at 9:14 pm

I approve this message.

• Carson Wentz's Gimpy Leg...and Bad Back March 15, 2019 at 12:02 am

Exactly. No one will give a shit about that touchdown. No one will give a shit about that game other than, “hey remember that playoff game the Eagles were lucky to win when the Bears kicker hit the goal posts twice? Wentz was okay that game…he was the QB right?”

• Google Me! March 15, 2019 at 3:08 pm

Your boy Foles was awful for the vast majority of that game.

• Pitchers pub March 14, 2019 at 9:52 pm

Who finna pumped up dat Philadelphia declares March 15-17 ‘Meek Mill Weekend’!?!?!

• Big Daddy G March 14, 2019 at 10:31 pm

In honor of St Paddy’s Day, best night that starts out with “I had a whole bottle of Jameson and…”. Mine would be, “I finished up a show with Conklin at Our Lady of Fatima in Bensalem, and I had a whole bottle of Jameson and Conklin and I banged the barmaid”. Wait, I was so hammered, maybe I banged Conklin

• comment awaiting approval March 14, 2019 at 11:01 pm

is that why Conklin sounds like he has a d!ck in his mouth when he does his AI impression?

• Scared March 15, 2019 at 2:34 am

If being a new York giant means being high on great cocaine…. Then watch for me at OTAs!

• Paul jolovitz fan club president March 15, 2019 at 4:35 am

I think it’s time now that we confiscate all guns in America. There is no reason for any civilian to have automatic weapons that are intended for war. You people don’t need guns. Stop it. The 2nd amendment is outdated.

• Bernie March 15, 2019 at 4:59 am

I agree, if only we could go back in time and make gun laws and regulations… like maybe in 1937????

• Arthur Brown March 15, 2019 at 6:59 am

Golden Taint didn’t have the balls to get things done. He was an asshole.