ESPN’s Secondary Monday Night Football Crew is Solid

via ESPN

Monday Night Football.

It’s a tradition unlike any other.

Last year people didn’t like the Joe Tessitore, Jason Witten, and Booger McFarland trio calling the games. Witten un-retired to play a 16th year of football, so this season the crew is going to be Tessitore, McFarland, and Lisa Salters on the sidelines. The Booger-mobile was also sent to the junkyard.

I personally have no real opinion on that trio of personalities, but I really like the secondary crew that will work the season-opening double-header on September 9th.

Via ESPN Press Room:

Play-by-play voice Steve Levyanalysts Brian Griese and Louis Riddick and reporter Laura Rutledge will call the Denver Broncos-Oakland Raiders game on ESPN as part of the opening-night doubleheader to kick off Monday Night Football’s 50th season on September 9 at 10:15 p.m. ET / 7:15 p.m. PT.

This AFC West matchup will follow Houston Texans-New Orleans Saints (7 p.m. ET), which will feature the debut of ESPN’s new MNF commentator team: Joe TessitoreBooger McFarland and Lisa Salters.

Levy is a veteran and knows what he’s doing. Griese I’ve always thought does a good job in the booth. He actually did the second MNF game last year with Beth Mowins, if you recall. Rutledge has experience as a sideline reporter dating back to 2014 and Riddick, a Quakertown native and former Eagles front office member, I think is one of the best football minds on the network. I’m really interested to see how he does calling Monday Night Football.

Honestly, gotta say, I think that secondary crew is better than the primary crew, but we’ll see how Booger does without Jason Witten in the picture.

I, too, cannot wait for it.

Let’s play football.

• ESP May 15, 2019 at 3:25 pm

Yeah but Riddick went to Pitt so he eats shit

• comment awaiting approval May 15, 2019 at 4:34 pm

i’m usually not a fan of more than 2 people in the booth, but Levy, Griese and Riddick is pretty solid i’ll admit. Tessitore is awful, he sucks at calling the boxing matches on ESPN as well. This guy was doing the mid-week MAC games with Rod Gilmore not long ago and all of a sudden he’s all over the place.

Laura Rutledge is a babe

• i like the 2nd crew much more. May 15, 2019 at 4:36 pm

• Frank the barber May 16, 2019 at 8:18 am

Anyone else hate Danny Green’s face and haircut?

• John Brennan May 16, 2019 at 8:51 am

I’m going to jail, please save me. #ComeyIsland

• Haha May 16, 2019 at 9:31 am

I’m seeing the media pumping out cover up articles left and right.
      They’re saying we’ve done enough investigations, we should move on.
      Barr will be a heat seeking missile.
      It’s going to go all the way up to the top, yep, that means barry

• Kinker likes MNF announcers because none are Mexicans May 16, 2019 at 9:04 am

Any details on Kev’s firing from CH 3?

• Jim Halibut May 16, 2019 at 1:07 pm

Riddick is overrated. Did you watch him on the draft? He loved every single pick and went on and on about toughness like he was just begging to have someone tackle him on live tv.