Jabroni Boston Radio Host Hangs Up on Carolina Hurricanes Beat Writer

fred jabroni toucher
via CBS Boston

Saw this on Awful Announcing this morning. It doesn’t have anything to do with Philly, but the story made me cringe and I felt like it was worth posting.

The Boston Bruins are playing the Carolina Hurricanes in the Eastern Conference Finals. Game one tonight at 8 p.m.

From the article:

…Boston radio station WBZ-FM (98.5 The Sports Hub) had Raleigh News and Observer Hurricanes beat writer Chip Alexander on “Toucher & Rich” to talk hockey Wednesday morning.

After Alexander was on the phone for just over four minutes, host Fred Toucher hung up on him. Toucher explained, “I just can’t listen to a guy with a southern accent talk about hockey.”

Here’s the clip in question. Alexander comes on around the 16 minute mark and Toucher hangs up about five minutes late.

After the jump:

Couple of thoughts:

1. This was a disrespectful douche move in general. The guy didn’t say or do anything to justify hanging up on him.
  2. Nobody who lives in Boston should ever make fun of somebody else’s accent.
  3. Toucher isn’t even from Boston, he’s a Detroit native.

Hurricanes by 400 million tonight. I pray to the Lord Jesus in Heaven for a Carolina sweep. And Don Cherry can also go pound sand for complaining about the ‘Canes postgame celebrations.

Ugh, I hate the Boston Bruins. Even just saying that team name makes me uncomfortable. It makes me wanna projectile vomit from the top of the Bunker Hill Monument.

• Congratulations May 9, 2019 at 11:55 am

You fell for a typical morning zoo stunt.

• Pop pop in the am May 9, 2019 at 11:58 am

I’m the voice of the Philadelphia fan for 25 years and I’m from Rhode Island.

• Esports are the future May 9, 2019 at 11:59 am

“No on in the East can beat the Celtics this year.” – The Same Guy

• You got AIDS May 9, 2019 at 12:00 pm

How about the fact that these Boston slushmouths pronounced it “Rally” instead of “Raleigh.”

Or the fact that this guy’s “southern accent” wasn’t even that thick.

Boston’s a racist dump and the fact that global warming will one day wipe these dipshits off the planet makes me happy.

• Al moronganti’s dirty Red Sox hat May 9, 2019 at 12:02 pm

Huh?

• AOC parody account May 9, 2019 at 12:20 pm

Global Warming hahahahahahaha Al Gore said in 1990 we only had 12 more years!

• Twitter May 9, 2019 at 1:30 pm

You’ve been banned!

• Philly phanatic touched me inappropriately when I was 10 May 9, 2019 at 12:06 pm

Is that the fat dude Frank from American Pickers?

• " I felt like it was worth posting." May 9, 2019 at 12:08 pm

That’s not a very high bar, Kevy.

• Kevin Kinkead May 9, 2019 at 12:46 pm

you would know

• Reality May 9, 2019 at 12:44 pm

I’m a Philly transplant in Boston, the 98.5 Sports Hub drive shows are light years ahead of anything Philly has. I love my Philly teams but the sports talk options are pathetic compared to what the Sports hub is producing.

• Double Reality May 9, 2019 at 1:54 pm

Sports talk radio sucks balls EVERYWHERE

• Toucher?? May 9, 2019 at 12:48 pm

That’s what my NAMBLA buddies call me!!

• bob May 9, 2019 at 12:59 pm

I just can’t figure out, for the life of me, why the sports gods bestowed so much winning on that city. I just hope if Philadelphia ever has a run like they are having we don’t become the elitist pricks they’ve become. Boston couldn’t smell a championship outside of the Celtics for 40 years, now they look down on others.

• Carson Wentz's Gimpy Leg...and bad Back May 9, 2019 at 4:20 pm

Apparently you weren’t at the Eagles Super Bowl parade or been exposed to Sports talk radio, twitter, Eagles beat writers, Eagles players, Comcast SportsNet, WIP, 97.5, this website, Bleeding Green Nation, Jason Kelce’s inflated ego, etc. etc. since February 2018….and that was ONE Super Bowl.

• Deputy Van Halen May 9, 2019 at 1:08 pm

somebody already updated this douche’s Wikipedia page to add the following (seriously)

“In 2019, an overweight and unkempt Toucher hung up on a journalist, that he requested to be a guest on the show, because he didn’t like his Southern accent and the journalist held a differing opinion than The Toucher. The most recent event illustrated that, as a native of Detroit that resides in Boston, the creepy Toucher has a poor grasp of both self awareness and irony. “

• Bless Your Heart May 9, 2019 at 1:36 pm

What douchebags like Toucher (come on guy, is that your real name?) don’t realize is that the southern cities with hockey teams are populated with Northern expats that will get behind a team. I saw the Flyers lose to the Canes on New Years Eve in Raleigh and the place was packed. I am going to disagree about the post game celebration and call it lame but the local fans love it. Fuck Boston and their trash media personalities.

• The Dude May 9, 2019 at 2:16 pm

My Dad still roots for the Canes since they are the former Hartford Whalers

• Bendu May 9, 2019 at 2:51 pm

I’ve never seen anything more cringe inducing than the Carolina post-win celebrations.

• Mikey Miss and The Prof have hanged up on guys in the media May 9, 2019 at 4:41 pm

Skip B@yless, Colin Cowturd and Mike Wilbone to name a few

• I love Rally Burgers May 9, 2019 at 4:42 pm

I didn’t know they originated in Rally, NC.

• Sam Adams' Scrotum May 9, 2019 at 10:35 pm

Can’t listen to a southern accent? The Boston accent makes everyone south of the mason-dixon line sound like geniuses. What a racist, awful excuse for a city Boston is.