Good for Landry, bummer for Sixers fans who didn’t like the decision to send him to Los Angeles in the Tobias Harris trade.
Shamet was named to the All-Rookie second team, which looks like this:
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, LA Clippers
- Collin Sexton, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Landry Shamet, LA Clippers
- Mitchell Robinson, New York Knicks
- Kevin Huerter, Atlanta Hawks
And the first team was literally the top five picks in the 2018 draft:
- Luka Dončić, Dallas Mavericks
- Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks
- Deandre Ayton, Phoenix Suns
- Jaren Jackson Jr., Memphis Grizzlies
- Marvin Bagley III, Sacramento Kings
Landry started 23 of 25 games for the Clippers, upping his three point percentage to a juicy 45, after the jump:
He played well for Los Angeles and started all six games in their first round playoff exit to the Golden State Warriors.
Regardless of whether or not you agreed with the decision to package him into the Harris/Boban/Mike Scott trade, it was nice to see the Sixers hit on a late first round pick for the first time in a while. Maybe that bodes well heading into next month’s draft, with the team holding picks 24, 33, and 34.