Stephen A Smith has a Joel Embiid Opinion

via ESPN

It’s a strong take from Stephen A.

Listen to this clip, which was shared on Twitter by my main man Sean Brace:

Stephen A, in part:

In my career, when I can sit there and I am completely drained, exhausted, devoid of any kind of energy WHATSOEVER.. an hour of sleep will change my day. This man texts the coach nine hours.. nine hours before the game to say ‘I might not be able to play.’ WHO DOES THAT?! WHO DOES THAT?!?

I might be off-base here, but I’m not sure that debating sports on television is the same as battling with Marc Gasol and Serge Ibaka in a playoff game.

But I could be wrong.

• Thanks Kev! May 6, 2019 at 3:11 pm

Please keep us updated on any developments!

• Didn’t the Flyers just.. May 6, 2019 at 3:14 pm

remove this dude’s mom’s statue or something?

• Ben Simmons, Future Laker May 6, 2019 at 3:23 pm

Embiid considers himself the best player in the NBA and a lot of the Sixer Process Sheep say the same thing.

Could you imagine Jordan, Kobe, Shaq, LeBron, any one else that you’d want to group together on a list of guys who at one point were considered “the best in the game” cautioning their coach nine hours before the biggest game of their career that they may not be ready to play?

• Cole May 7, 2019 at 9:26 am

Notifying their coach nine hours before the game that they might not be able to play when the night before they were healthy enough to go out to a comedy show.

• Gestoni Chills May 6, 2019 at 4:25 pm

Gotta love the 76ers and their team full of prima donna’s.
    What a fn disgrace!
    Keep buying those tickets chumps!

• OverBryced May 6, 2019 at 8:00 pm

For once I agree with Stephen A Smith.

Embiid is a puss.

• Kyle Stinks May 7, 2019 at 9:20 am

8 Likes? That is the most likes Sean Brace has ever gotten on a tweet. Good for you Sean.

• Stephen A Douche May 7, 2019 at 12:36 pm

i am not saying i agree with stephens opinion – i am also not saying i disagree – i just think he is a huge douche either way – that is all

• Can't Cure Stoopid May 7, 2019 at 1:11 pm

Get your nose out of Embiid’s rump Kev. The first time you find issue with anything Embiid does will be the first. I love Embiid but he is very immature. He talks too much crap for someone with his injury history and sketchy second round play off performances. Also he doesnt take his healthy seriously enough unless you think those four Chick-Fil-A sandwhich and fries meals he eats in one sitting is a-ok. Great player who is holding himself back by not doing everything he can to be ready physically for the season/games. He better be ready to go tonight or he is going to get creamed on social media.