Joel Embiid once called himself “The Black Roger Federer” because of how good his tennis game is. He noted that service is one of his strengths.
He was at it again last night on the Schuylkill River Park courts over at 25th and Spruce:
Three blocks from my house, the Joel Embiid serve on display pic.twitter.com/qaHvJ2kDGo
— Matthew Gutierrez (@MatthewGut21) June 5, 2019
Pretty good form. The serve toss is low, but when you’re 7’2″ I guess it doesn’t need to be very high, does it?
Anyway, cue the following responses from annoyed Sixers’ fans, after the jump:
- “Why is Embiid playing tennis?”
- “He should be working on his basketball game”
- “Joel needs to get his ass on the blocks”
- “He could injure himself playing tennis”
- “He should be in bed, resting”
- “He needs to stop eating four chicken sandwiches and four milkshakes at the same time”
So on and so forth.