Sports Radio 94 WIP Has a New Logo and Branding

I didn’t even notice this today until somebody pointed it out, but WIP has a new logo and some new branding on their website and social media pages.

The Twitter banner now features the station lineup with a slogan that reads, “The best team to talk Philly sports” –

Surely you gotta throw Big Daddy on that graphic, yeah? He’s been there for something like 50 years, or at least it feels like it.

That’s a typical corporate thing, though, just highlighting the dayparts or the “main talent” or whatever you wanna call it. Suits typically don’t give a shit about nights or weekends, which are very good on WIP and covered by veterans like Rob Charry, Hollis Thomas, Rob Ellis, Jody Mac, Jolly, Rickie Ricardo, Glen and Ray, Jon Johnson, Andrew Porter and the Go Birds dudes, plus whoever else I forgot.

But I digress.

This theme, the green and white colors, screams “Philadelphia Eagles” at me. WIP is the Birds’ radio partner, so I guess this type of MOTIF makes sense, though I’m partially colorblind and I couldn’t tell you if we’re looking at midnight green or kelly green.

New logo after the jump:

This logo also appears on the WIP website without the green background.

That’s all I’ve got.

Thoughts?

• Pop Pop in the AM June 3, 2019 at 12:41 pm

New logo still can’t get me to wortch the games!

• Cataldi in New York June 3, 2019 at 12:57 pm

I only wortch games that are played in Warshington

• Lame June 3, 2019 at 1:38 pm

Ultra generic logo for ultra generic sports talk.

• Esports are the future June 3, 2019 at 1:43 pm

97.5 has become as Cringe as the Dinner Party Episode of The Office

• Jans assistant June 3, 2019 at 2:00 pm

she took me by the hand, made me into a mannnn that night! she made everything alright

• Michael Snott June 3, 2019 at 2:12 pm

That 13 inch plasma TV, classic

• Michael Gary Scott June 3, 2019 at 2:20 pm

Have fun paying me back with your zero dollar a year salary BABE!!!!!!!!!!!

• JG June 3, 2019 at 11:24 pm

Mmmm, that’s sort of an oaky afterbirth

• Talent Evaluator June 3, 2019 at 1:59 pm

WIP’s night and weekend schedule is and has always been hit or miss.

Just by the names you list, you can see where the glaring holes are. But you can’t bat 1,000, can you?

Joe Giglio: The best young talent they have, paired with Jack Fritz.

Rob Charry: Below average to just okay most times, decent infrequently. He has quite the tenure though. But he brings his personal politics into almost every discussion. Should not be an on-air talent.

Hollis Thomas: Sorry, he’s horrible in every role they have him in. He can’t speak without stumbling over his words constantly! To the point where he becomes unlistenable. I like him as a person and he can be hummurous. But he shouldn’t have a radio show.

Rob Ellis: Decent if not vanilla. Always has been. A bit thin-skinned and tries to come off as a tough guy, which he’s not.

Jody Mac: Have always loved Jody. Energetic, knowledgeable, funny.

Jolly: Horrid, just horrid. Believes he’s the smartest guy in the room. Always wants to prove that to anyone calling in or listening. Constantly puts down his audience and then wonders why he has no callers. Also, he sounds like he has to clear his throat all the time.

Rickie Ricardo: I love me some Rickie!

Glen and Ray,: Besty show on the radio, hands down and has been for years.

Jon Johnson: I like Jon. A little too histrionic, but has talent.

Andrew Porter: Don’t know enough about him to offer an opinion.

Go Birds dudes: Fun, energetic. Rely WAY too much on upping each other with whoever has the best, worst, hottest take. But a decent show nonetheless.

• Don’t get the love for Ray D June 3, 2019 at 2:21 pm

He is vastly overrated and quite frankly boring. Glen is the definition of a pompous a**.

• Scoop from folsom June 3, 2019 at 2:26 pm

Jody Mac, do me a favor.

• Josh Innes June 25, 2019 at 6:55 pm

You are retarded!

• The Original Rickey Ricardo June 3, 2019 at 2:06 pm

Lucy, didn’t I tell you I didn’t want you to ruin my nightclub act? Getting you, and Fred AND Ethel in it? Ay yi yi yi y I! Ba Ba LOOOOOOO!

• Lucy June 25, 2019 at 6:56 pm

Waaaaaaaaaaahhhh!

• Tired of that Spanish guy calling both stations all day June 3, 2019 at 2:28 pm

Wip needs to bring back josh innes

• Fake cuz June 3, 2019 at 2:39 pm

Daawww, we could hang out in the meat locker.

• I don't tune in to WIP between 10-2 June 3, 2019 at 8:28 pm

I can’t stand Decamara.
    He sounds like a cat in heat and he’s proud of the fact that he has no knowledge of anything other than sports.

• The Truth July 10, 2019 at 3:00 pm

Joe Giglio is one of the two worst sports radio hosts in the city.