I’m outraged this morning.
I’m offended and aggrieved.
The NFL Network released another tier of their top-100 player list, as voted on by the players, and Philadelphia Eagles defensive tackle Fletcher Cox is listed at #27 overall.
That seems very low to me, and while the entire list has yet to be released, here’s who makes up #30 to #21 –
- 30. Eddie Jackson – Bears safety
- 29. George Kittle – San Fran tight end
- 28. Fletcher Cox
- 27. Jalen Ramsey – Jaguars cornerback
- 26. Darius Leonard – Colts linebacker
- 25. Russell Wilson – Seahawks QB
- 24. Luke Kuechly – Panthers linebacker
- 23. Odell Beckham Jr. – Browns wide receiver
- 22. Stephon Gilmore – Patriots cornerback
- 21. Travis Kelce – Chiefs tight end
Yeah, listen, Stephon Gilmore and Darius Leonard are great players, but they’re not better than Cox. There will also be some guys who land in the top-20 who are not as good as the Eagles’ four-time Pro Bowler, a Super Bowl winner who spent large chunks of 2017 and 2018 being double teamed while still compiling 16 sacks and 17 tackles for loss.
For what it’s worth, Cox was ranked #69 last year, which is insanity. Plus, if he’s is coming in at #28 overall, that means Malcolm Jenkins, Brandon Brooks, and Lane Johnson are probably not appearing on this list at all, which is a shame.
Here’s the video clip that accompanies Cox’s ranking:
— CandidSkeptic (@candid_skeptic) July 30, 2019
Not surprisingly, Jalen Ramsey disagrees with his ranking.
I’m disappointed in the players.