Opinion: It’s Time to Ban “Butch from Manayunk” From All Eagles-Related Events

via WIP

Woke up to this today.

It’s recurring WIP morning show caller “Butch from Manayunk” serenading, nay, yelling some sort of song at Vinny Curry and Greg Ward, who appear to be doing a signing session at a Chickie’s and Pete’s location.

Volume up:

…and volume down.

I hate to say it, but here’s what needs to be done:

Butch from Manayunk needs to be banned from all Eagles-related activities and events, for life! (Adam Silver voice).  His phone number needs to be blocked on the WIP computers and anybody who is caught putting him on the air receives a two-week suspension without pay. This extends to Eagles Shirley as well, who is an automatic channel change when she comes on the air.

Furthermore, if Butch shows up to another WIP event, he must be denied entry at the door. And if he tries to sing another song, about any of the teams, he will be immediately and forcefully removed from the premises.

This is just my opinion, and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of other Crossing Broad writers, though it looks like most WIP listeners are on the right side of history:

• esports are the future January 3, 2020 at 9:20 am

I always prefered John from Manayunk.

• Skippy January 3, 2020 at 10:04 am

Ban Big Rube, aka the Pittsburgh Steelers fan who grew up in West Philly.

• Kevin Klickbait January 3, 2020 at 9:24 am

-constantly gripes and criticizes the state of sports talk radio
    -constantly cites sports talk radio for his blog posts
    -lifts content and topics from sports talk radio
    -has a show on obscure AM radio that sounds exactly the same as …sport talk radio!

ok boomer. obsessed much?

• Kevin Kinkead January 3, 2020 at 9:58 am

hello, Butch from Manayunk

• Huge Fan of Ava Graham January 3, 2020 at 1:33 pm

You think Butch owns a computer, let alone can type?

• Kyle's Failed Podcast Venture January 3, 2020 at 9:59 am

Actually Crossing Broad Cast has never sounded better! (although I’ve always enjoyed the show in it’s many iterations… when they actually release episodes).

Plus the show finally has a consistent weekly release schedule. Stay positive you moronic ingrate.

• Kevin Kinkead January 3, 2020 at 10:20 am

you sound like “diarrhea sniffer,” the guy I had to block on Twitter yesterday

• Opinion; Kevin is a cuck January 3, 2020 at 9:28 am

In my opinion (and I think I speak for everyone) Kevin is a cuck along with the entire staff at crossingbroad. Thank you.

• Eagles shirley is the worstest January 3, 2020 at 9:44 am

She makes radio dials spin like a Filipino hooker across the Delaware Valley

• P January 3, 2020 at 9:46 am

Spot on. The reoccurring callers on WIP (Butch, Eagles Shirley, any member of the Dirty 30) are god awful. Having to listen to Shirley repeatedly cry and scream switched me from Cataldi to Farzetta.

• one more January 3, 2020 at 1:28 pm

you forgot Arson Arnie

• Frank TJ Mackey January 3, 2020 at 9:47 am

Go away, N’Easter.

• Big Rube January 3, 2020 at 9:52 am

How is it that nobody has mentioned me as one of the most annoying callers? HOLLA

• Jeff from Camden January 3, 2020 at 9:56 am

I can’t turn the channel fast enough when I hear butch and Shirley call

• Real Ity Check January 3, 2020 at 9:58 am

Yep, that’s the thing. Butch/Shirley/Rube etc. are all really annoying caricatures of actual fans. They are recurring characters whose shtick is always the same and never authentic. To that end, they’re poster children for NBCSP’s #AuthenticFan.

• Huge fan of illegal vincente calling both stations all day January 3, 2020 at 10:01 am

Whatever happened to mitchie tools? Never hear him call anymore . He was nerdy but at least entertaining

• Abe Lincoln January 3, 2020 at 10:12 am

I have never agreed more with an article from this website.

• Jerry Blavat January 3, 2020 at 10:32 am

I couldn’t agree more with this double k pinion piece.
    Only funny thing about loud Shirley and drunk butch calls is when Keith Jones mocks them with a give me one line .

• Nuke Iran January 3, 2020 at 10:47 am

Seriously, who listens to sports talk radio?. Do you learn anything from it? Does listening to a bunch of koolaid drinking illiterates who have nothing to say except to verbally fellate the eagles bring you enjoyment? And that’s just the hosts, don’t get me started on the callers. What type of life does a person lead if they are able to sit around during the week and call talk shows multiple times. Do they not have a job, commitments, anything to contribute to society?

Look at the guys knock off Westbrook jersey in the video above. Maybe if he spent more time actually attempting to be a part of society instead of a drag on it, he’d be able to afford a real one.

• fire angelo January 3, 2020 at 1:26 pm

ummm, the guy is like 70, so I’m thinking that listening to Sports Talk radio is all he has going for him…..so give him a break….if YOU don’t want to listen, then change the channel…. pretty simple…

• Joe January 3, 2020 at 6:39 pm

I mainly listen to the podcasts anymore, sometimes there are good interviews

• Classic Jeff January 3, 2020 at 10:55 am

I find Eagles Shirley hilarious.

• Joe January 3, 2020 at 6:40 pm

you are an easy audience apparently

• The Classic January 3, 2020 at 10:57 am

Butch = immediate switch off the station

• EAGLES SHIRLY IS THE WORST January 3, 2020 at 10:59 am

Eagles Shirly is the worst eagles “fan” of all time, she doesn’t even watch all the games and has no clue what she is talking about. i change the channel every time and never come back to the morning show if she comes on.

• Kenny From The Dirty 30 January 3, 2020 at 2:00 pm

Add me to the list of callers who should be banned. I will start calling back when my balls drop and my voice doesn’t crack when I deliver my atrocious one liners.

I can’t help that I bleed green and get phucking phired up maaaaaaaan

• Josh from Pottstown January 3, 2020 at 2:24 pm

Do I know I am the most popular caller in 97.5 history? Winning record on General Knowledge

• Joe January 3, 2020 at 6:38 pm

What about gus and all the rest often annoying callers that phone in every day it seems