Report: Philadelphia and Surrounding Counties Soon Moving to COVID-19 Yellow Phase

This just crossed the timeline, a bit of good news for people in Southeastern Pennsylvania who are going on three months now with the COVID-19 stay at home order.

Combination report here from the Inquirer’s Anna Orso and Chris Brennan, along with Angela Couloumbis of Spotlight PA:

Pennsylvania counties still under strict coronavirus restrictions — including hard-hit Philadelphia and its suburbs — will move to the “yellow” reopening phase by June 5 at the latest, according to three sources with knowledge of the Wolf administration’s plans.

Under Gov. Tom Wolf’s reopening plan, 49 of 67 counties are already in the yellow phase, or the first phase of reopening, in which most but not all businesses can reopen. In the yellow phase, limitations on public gatherings remain, and restaurants and bars remain closed to in-person business. Gyms, salons, malls, and movie theaters also remain closed.

The Philadelphia, Reading, and Allentown areas have been stuck in this red phase for what feels like an eternity, and progressing out of that would be fantastic.

These are the social restrictions listed on the state website for the YELLOW PHASE:

• Stay at Home Order Lifted for Aggressive Mitigation
  • Large Gatherings of More Than 25 Prohibited
  • In-Person Retail Allowable, Curbside and Delivery Preferable
  • Indoor Recreation, Health and Wellness Facilities and Personal Care Services (such as gyms, spas, hair salons, nail salons and other entities that provide massage therapy), and all Entertainment (such as casinos, theaters) Remain Closed
  • Restaurants and Bars Limited to Carry-Out and Delivery Only

Indoor recreation is closed, but under those guidelines it looks like they’d be able to reopen the outdoor portion of Philadelphia rec centers and reattach basketball hoops to the baskets. You could play pickup soccer at Penn Park or get some flag football going at Fairmount Park. At least I think that would be okay if I’m understanding that blurb.

Update:

• Jason Bourne May 22, 2020 at 2:05 pm

THE DUMBING DOWN OF AMERICA

The liberal fucks stroke again.
    Because they are to stupid to pass the test and to dumb to bribe without getting caught
    they got rid of it altogether.

You people won’t get away with this!
    YOU ARE RUINING OUR COUNTRY!

Univ of california gets rid of SAT tests.

The USA has turned into country of weak minded spineless sissies.
    I did 12 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan for this?

Trump will fix these fuckers up pronto.

T R U M P 2 0 2 0 – no sissies allowed!

• Lol May 22, 2020 at 2:11 pm

Stroke again
      To stupid
      To dumb
      12 tours

Never disappoints.

• OwningdelusionalMAGAS May 22, 2020 at 2:16 pm

Another fucking idiot

• Joe Biden - DemonKKKrat Presidential candidate. May 22, 2020 at 2:16 pm

Listen here, Cornpop once told me that if you have a dog and it makes a meowing sound ,it’s probably a cow.
      That corn pop was one smart dude.
      Did I tell you that story about black being put back in chains?
      Well if you are black and dont vote for me, then you are not really black.
      Just Shut up and Dribble.

• Larry May 22, 2020 at 3:23 pm

“no sissies”. Yet it’s pretty much guaran-ass-teed you are a fat @#%. We all know the kind…the guy who had some muscle back in his 20s but now he just has gobs of fat all over it and no longer has a visible neck. So maybe you’re fat strong? Nah – I’d guess you’re just fat. And you probably cry at the movies and over other dumb shit…yet you are here calling people sissies from behind your 8 year old flip phone. You’re embarrassing yourself – but please continue…you’re amusing to all of us.

• Sponge May 22, 2020 at 2:10 pm

When can Fat Monty G begin scamming free food & tickets to the Eagles & Sixers?

• Lee Foung May 22, 2020 at 2:12 pm

7 years ago?
      Monty G is at the top of my dead pool.

• A lifetime of Wings, pizza, hoagies for free May 22, 2020 at 2:19 pm

No pallbearers could carry Fat Monty G …… need a forklift operator.

• Jake the plummer May 22, 2020 at 2:13 pm

If you vote for Biden, you ain’t white.

• Bourne Again May 22, 2020 at 2:13 pm

Kevin not posting my comments again….I wonder why.

Meanwhile he continues to post under my alias with stupid weak trolling attempts.

• Hey - May 22, 2020 at 2:29 pm

You are that really smart little fella. You are the one that thought many Republican run states remained open during the national economic shutdown and blamed Democrats for it. You sure know what’s going on in the world. Your opinion is greatly needed.

• Bourne Truth May 22, 2020 at 2:38 pm

Thanks, I’m glad I can provide some education on the CB posting boards.

• phil and brady by 5 May 22, 2020 at 4:40 pm

Do you live far from the Walt Whitman Bridge?
          Go over to the middle of the northbound span and look down.
          That’s your future.

• Ok Karen May 22, 2020 at 2:43 pm

lol ok Karen. Karen is what we will now call Mikey Miss intern. Also, I didn’t think anyone could hand the mockingbird media their asses any harder than Sarah Huckabee Sanders but then Kayleigh McEnany burst’s onto the scene and MOAB’s them daily. Sorry left leaning folks, you’ve lost, your way of living is over. Time for you nerds to be stuffed back into your lockers and your safe spaces destroyed. I look forward to seeing your neck beards, flat brimmed hats, and jersey’s at the upcoming sporting events.

• Huh? May 22, 2020 at 2:47 pm

Crack baby?

• Wtf are you babbling about? May 22, 2020 at 2:55 pm

Way of life over? What is going to change of Trump gets 4 more years? What will change if Biden wins?

What did your mother do to you?

• BONO May 22, 2020 at 4:43 pm

I know one thing that will change if Trump loses.
            We won’t have to put up with his fucked up twitter crap every 12 minutes,
            childish behavior and name callin and
            constantly poor job of hiring people to do a job.
            he’s had more fire than california.

WTF?

• Henry Hill May 22, 2020 at 3:41 pm

KAREN, THEY NEVER WOULD’VE FOUND IT!

• Karen hill May 23, 2020 at 2:26 pm

I’M SORRRRRY!

• MICHAEL BOURNE May 22, 2020 at 4:35 pm

JASON BOURNE bleeding gums say:
      “Kevin not posting my comments again….I wonder why……….”

oh j e s u s christ just SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT NOT POSTING COMMENTS.
      You’ve done it at least 4 times this week you fucking cry baby.
      use your fucking head and figure out how it fucking works.
      DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE EXPLAINED TO YOU?

• The Bourne Truth May 22, 2020 at 7:24 pm

I truly do not understand how or why meaningless posts get flagged. I had one today about Nat and Mikey Miss and it was flag and never posted…..was nothing terrible. Seems like Censorship happens on this site, like many others. ANNNNDDDDD We know what type of people get censored the most. The factual Maga or MAGATS (as Kevin puts it) people that deal in reason, facts, and logic. Sad.

• Factual? May 22, 2020 at 8:20 pm

You thought red states were open for business.

You probably shouldn’t be bragging about facts. You may be the most uninformed person on here. Without facts you don’t have logic or reason. You are an embarrassment.

• The Bourne One May 22, 2020 at 8:51 pm

You’re a damn retard.

• Bourne again May 23, 2020 at 5:59 am

I can’t believe I didn’t know all states were shut down. Why was I blaming Democrats?

• I knew it May 22, 2020 at 2:15 pm

The MSM moved on from the Biden story and are now on to Trump crying about his poll numbers. The liberal conspiracy hard at work.

So unfair to be white.

• Senile drivel May 22, 2020 at 2:24 pm

“I tested very positively in another sense,” said Trump. “So this morning, I tested positively toward negative, right? So, no, I tested perfectly this morning, meaning I tested negative. But that’s a way of saying it, positively toward the negative.”

• the big valbowski May 22, 2020 at 2:40 pm

I’m union construction, been working the entire time throughout the “shutdown” even though guys on my job got Covid. The casino has to be done by December and Kenney doesn’t give a shit who who dies, he wants it done

• Plunger Boy May 22, 2020 at 4:38 pm

were you the guy sucking c*ck in that front end loader down at the site last week?

• Vito Spatifore May 22, 2020 at 4:59 pm

Actually that was me

• Sound and fury signifying nothing May 22, 2020 at 5:26 pm

I am ordering governors to open churches. They must open now.

But please follow my guidelines – so open them now but don’t open them if it’s not safe but open them now.

That’s our boy.

• Norm Macdonald May 22, 2020 at 6:34 pm

If there’s one thing I know about American blacks, it’s that they love having their blackness questioned by a rich, old, powerful, white guy.

• Glenn gary May 22, 2020 at 7:26 pm

Lol!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Joe the Plumber May 22, 2020 at 7:32 pm

Haha!

Hey guys, hope all is well. I’m having a bunch of buddies over the barn bar tonight. No masks, no social distancing, just common sense and good people. Right now I’m opening up some Johnny Walker Blue and a case of Belles Two Hearted Ale. Listening to George Thurogood on the Sonos and grilling black angus burgers on the Viking grill. Life is good. God bless.

• Eugene May 22, 2020 at 7:55 pm

You are the man Joe. We all love you.

• Harv May 22, 2020 at 7:56 pm

You are the man Joe! I can’t believe how cool you are.

• Big Stan May 22, 2020 at 7:57 pm

Hey Guys. Joe is so tough. No mask for him. He is awesome.

• Possum Pete May 22, 2020 at 8:00 pm

Unbelievable!! Where is my invite at?
          We can even learn to spell Thorogood.

• Carl May 22, 2020 at 8:02 pm

Definitely awesome Joe!!! You are a real
          American. Not social distancing is like that party in Chicago you posted about over and over. You are just like them!!’ So cool.

• Caitlin D May 22, 2020 at 8:03 pm

I wish I wasn’t down the shore Joe. You are so awesome.

• Oscar May 22, 2020 at 8:12 pm

Hey Joe! You are awesome. So we are meeting at the old crackhouse on the corner? The one where we stole the copper? Not the one where your old lady plays rusty trombones, right?

• Darnell May 22, 2020 at 8:57 pm

Thank you Joe! We love you in the black community. We all knew from the start that this whole thing was BS. I am so offended by Biden’s comments earlier today. He is a disgusting human being. All us black folks guna be voting for Trump this year. We all love him and he do us right.

• Kenny May 23, 2020 at 5:15 am

Yeah Joe. We all knew this whole thing was bs. It is just really weird. You really are one touched nut bag.

What’s up with all the posting to yourself? Odd stuff dude. Glad Darnell finally called you out on your bs. We all knew it.

KOO KOO KOO KOO KOO KOO. LOL.

What a nut. Posting to yourself again. Lol

• Norm Macdonald May 22, 2020 at 6:37 pm

In all seriousness, I wonder who the democrats will pick to run for president this year. Why are they so afraid to have a regular primary? Maybe it’s all for the best. They did prevent Bernie from running twice now.

• Yellow does nothing May 22, 2020 at 6:53 pm

The city is still shutdown. The home-less still run center city except around Ritten-House Square and the Schy Trail. I can see why people don’t feel comfortable walking around many parts of the city.

• Positive Paul May 22, 2020 at 8:57 pm

We are only hours away from the most beautiful thing in this world……a new day. A new day, a new beginning, a new hope. To the few that have spent so much time today posting back and forth on this board I feel sorry for you but I also know that tomorrow is the chance to become a better you. When you have the urge to comment on here think of your son or daughter. Think of the energy and time that’s wasted here that instead could be directed towards them. You can have a beautiful & strong relationahip with them if you really try. Don’t lie to yourself and think its strong as you sit on your phone and they sit on their tablet playing their games. They will only become more distant as time goes on from you and all you should do is blame yourself. I pray that everyone has a great and safe weekend and that this holiday weekend will not only act as a time to reflect about the brave men and women we have lost in our military but also to reflect about ourselves.

• Translation May 23, 2020 at 5:19 am

He really wants the humiliation to end. Lol.

• kyle trump May 22, 2020 at 9:08 pm

titface tom wolf and his man-bitch rachel levin are f-ing this state on a daily basis with f-ing stupidity and non stop liberal idiocy. dems on this blog should be embarassed d-heads and STFU…..

• Jason Bourne Joe May 23, 2020 at 5:56 am

PA should be open like all the Republican states are. The Republican run states have been open from the start. True story.

If we just say it a lot it will be true. Forget that all Republican states were shut down too. Just stay uninformed and repeat nonsense. We have no reason to be ashamed.

• Trish May 23, 2020 at 6:12 am

No chance this moron Joe Biden becomes President.

The guy has been locked up in his basement for two months. His handlers barely let him speak and when he does screws up every time.

Biden would be the first President ever elected with early to mid stage dementia.

• Trish May 23, 2020 at 6:33 am

I just can’t believe this senile old man is still relevant. How bad has Trump been? How is it possible a crazy old man is in a battle with an even crazier old man. If we just keep blaming Democrats for Trump’s mistakes we can do this!!!

• American hero May 23, 2020 at 6:38 am

Was just watching FOX News. They called the murderous owner of Atilis gym an American hero.

The hero kept saying he would open his gym every day. He said he would go to jail before allowing anyone to shut him down. Well, the gym is shut down again and the hero is home chillin. Looks like he needs some more American flags, and spoon fed rhetoric. What brave heroes they turned out to be.

• Juan the Landscaper May 23, 2020 at 10:01 am

I cant wait until I can vote for the Biden Abrams ticket. I want a piece of the apple pie that Joe the Plumber has. I hate being poor. I fill empty Johnny Walker blue bottles with Canadian Club when I take them out of Joe’s recycling. I mowed his lawn for years. Never a tip.

• Memorial Weekend May 23, 2020 at 12:01 pm

Why are there no United Stares Flags flying in the ‘Hood?

• W. Wilson Goode May 23, 2020 at 12:05 pm

You mean United States 🇺🇸 Flags? Good question. You never see one, no matter if it’s a Holiday or not.

• Not sure, Joe. It’s your hood. May 23, 2020 at 12:06 pm

Go to the Dollar Store and get a flag. Tape it in the window of your row in the hood, Joe. Represent your hood.

• Spike Lee May 23, 2020 at 12:12 pm

Any fool that would put a flag in front of their home in Harlem; would be an Uncle Tom sellout. We would deal with them right away. ✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿

• Positive Paul May 23, 2020 at 1:50 pm

It’s me Joe. Positive Paul didn’t work. Was hoping it was a way out. The embarrassment is wearing on me. Getting destroyed here.

• Trump Supporters Are Really Stupid White People May 24, 2020 at 1:06 pm

Trump is complete idiot and so are his supporters. I hope you all catch the covid and die come November.

• Joe the Plumber May 24, 2020 at 2:40 pm

Just me setting up a way I can argue with myself if I need to. ^^

• Sonny Hill For President May 24, 2020 at 1:32 pm

They love me……they respect me…..they saw something in me.

• Joe the Plumber May 24, 2020 at 2:42 pm

Just a nonsense post I have to write EVERY Sunday. I have been doing it for years. I am all good. Perfectly sane.

Play Misty for me, Mike.