Report: Phillies “Likely” Staying Put for Second Phase of Spring Training

Photo Credit: Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports

Jim Salisbury has a story up at NBC Sports Philadelphia talking about the return of baseball and how teams will ramp up before hitting the field.

They’ll need to essentially hold a second Spring training session, which Salisbury says would take place here, as opposed to squads returning to their winter bases in Florida and Arizona:

It is likely that the Phillies will train in Philadelphia, according to multiple sources. Nothing is certain because there are still many big-picture details to work out, but that is the plan being discussed.

MLB, provided it reaches agreement with the union on safety and salary matters, and receives approval from government and health officials, would like to start the season in early July. The general consensus is that players would need three weeks to get ready. That means camps would open in the neighborhood of June 10-15.

Major League Baseball is looking at an 82-game season to compensate for the COVID-19 postponement. They originally agreed with players on a prorated salary for 2020, but then found themselves in a stalement after asking players to take a cut based on lost gate revenue projections. That idea was scoffed at by Blake Snell, Bryce Harper, and others.

A formal proposal is expected soon, and then we’ll see where the labor dispute stands. This is where we’re at right now:

• Report: May 21, 2020 at 3:38 pm

guy who posted as “Jason Bourne” has driven the loser who posts and replies to himself certifiably insane

• Lol May 21, 2020 at 3:41 pm

Poor Joe.

I bet he gets really drunk tonight and puts up a 20 piece. Eight to 10 different names. I like when he gets mad at himself.

• Stacy Abrams May 21, 2020 at 4:18 pm

Are fat, dirty, slobs more vulnerable to the Coronavirus? If yes, that could explain the higher rates of the virus in the ghetto.

• Rip Angelos mom May 21, 2020 at 4:20 pm

Do AA’s get mad when mike miss constantly goes sjw? He won’t let up on the MJ Uncle Tom Angle

• Serious questions May 21, 2020 at 4:24 pm

Would Mikey try and punch-out Tyrone? Or is Mikey a puss?

• Actual medical doctor May 21, 2020 at 5:14 pm

Only sick people should wear masks. Wearing a mask can trap germs and bacteria that are meant to escape the mouth and nose. This puts otherwise healthy people at risk of catching other viruses that would normally be avoided easily.

• Eugene May 21, 2020 at 5:40 pm

My doctor told me the same thing. This liberal hoax has proven to be a disaster for them.

• Stupid idiot May 21, 2020 at 5:22 pm

KEVIN!!!!!!
    DELETE THIS COMMENT IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!
    🤬😡🤬😡🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬😡😡😡😡😡😡
    THIS IS HATE SPEECH!!!!
    BAN THIS IDIOT FOR LIFE !!!!!!!!!

• Lol May 21, 2020 at 5:31 pm

We already got 5 in a row from slow Joe.

And off he goes.

• All I know is May 21, 2020 at 6:16 pm

All the big mammas better get up in da house right now!

• Lol May 21, 2020 at 7:21 pm

Koo koo

• Caitlin D May 21, 2020 at 7:30 pm

I am headed down shore Friday but also completely respect that many people are more comfortable staying home. Happy summer…however you choose to celebrate!☀️

• #justiceforJadonHaydon May 21, 2020 at 8:25 pm

he a just a good boy, only wanted to have a light boxing scrap wit a whitey grandpa

• Mike Miss May 21, 2020 at 8:45 pm

I heard the elderly guy called him the N word.

• Reginald Denny May 21, 2020 at 9:21 pm

That’s what they accused me of saying; before I was dragged from my truck and hit in the head with bricks & hammers. It’s a great defense and always works for them.

• Jadon Hayden’s Momma May 21, 2020 at 9:16 pm

My baby didn’t do nuffin

• One of the big mommas May 21, 2020 at 8:29 pm

I hear the Margate City Muff Diver is on the prowl.

No masks for healthy people!

• Joe the plumber May 22, 2020 at 5:00 am

So I was up all night drinking and hitting refresh. My whole point is life is unfair when you are white. The media hates me. Mike Miss talks to me through the radio. I know he is talking to me. He is trying to sabotage me. It’s not fair. I am the sjw and I am looking out for us. I won’t stop until it is equally fair to be white. My childish rants are really making an impact!

• memba dat May 22, 2020 at 6:22 am

Yikes, MSM refusing to cover the video that went viral yesterday of a porch monkey nurses aid punching an eldery hebrew patient repeatedly in the face for 2 minutes. Even youtube is attempting to hide it by removing the video. Its only rasicm if it fits the liberal agenda

• Joe the Plumber May 22, 2020 at 6:34 am

That was me again. You can find the story on the dark web. See what I am saying? Everybody is against me. Not fair. Mike is going to talk about me today but I may prank him. I am tricky like that. By the way – disregard the video of the white girl beating the black lady.

Unfair! Unfair! Being white is so difficult. Why is Mike talking about me? Play Misty for me. My neighbors dog talks to me.

• Comment awaiting approval May 22, 2020 at 6:49 am

The mainstream media will hardly mention this; if at all.

• Joe the Plumber May 22, 2020 at 6:57 am

Just reinforcing me. It’s outrageous that this is not the number one story in America. Please disregard the video of the white girl. We have it hard enough already. My neighbor’s dog is calling me. Play Misty for me, Mike. I feel pretty when I post as Caitlin D.

• Did Malcolm Jenkins see this video? May 22, 2020 at 7:47 am

Haha. Social Justice Warriors are triggered today. Having a hard time explaining away this video.

• Joe the plumber May 22, 2020 at 7:57 am

I know. I am the real sjw.

When will white people get a fair shake?

• BOURNE TRUTH May 22, 2020 at 8:50 am

The l i b e ra l m e d i a h a s r u i n e d t h i s c o u n t r y a n d w a r p e d t h e w e a k m i n d s o f i n d i v i d u a l s like Ke v i n K i n k e a d.
    He has continually posted u n t r u e thing about our leader and command in Chief and Truth D o n a l d T r u m p .
    I think its d i s g r a c e f u l what the w e a k m i n d e d s n o w f l a k e s have done to this country
    and i will not be wearing a mask when i goto the g y m or any other establishment in NJ.
    T R U M P 2 0 2 0 – more g u n s, more p u s s y g r a b b i n g, no more m a s k s

• Lol May 22, 2020 at 9:12 am