Big roster move on a Friday morning.
The Eagles promoted defensive tackle Bruce Hector from the practice squad to the 53-man roster and released wide receiver Kamar Aiken.
That means you’re looking at a group of Fletcher Cox, Haloti Ngata, Treyvon Hester, and Hector at DT this Sunday, with Michael Bennett likely to play a good chunk of snaps on the inside. Ngata is still iffy with a calf injury and that’s something head ball coach Doug Pederson mentioned in his press conference today:
- Jalen Mills is fine after tweaking a hamstring in practice Thursday. “He’ll be good.”
- Hector adds some depth at the tackle spot, Ngata is questionable, day-to-day with his calf injury. Addition of Hector doesn’t mean anything in regard to Ngata’s health.
- Treyvon Hester has practiced well and can take #2 defensive tackle snaps if it comes down to that. “He’s going to be asked to do more this week.”
- Mike Wallace and Mack Hollins “are doing well,” progressing nicely through rehab.
- Optimistic Darren Sproles will be able to practice next week.
- Rasul Douglas is back with the team (death in the family)
- Pederson does talk to his team about the week’s refereeing crew (more on that later)
- deferring on winning coin tosses is about gaining another possession in the first half
- Jason Peters and Lane Johnson are both expected to play Sunday
- Jordan Hicks is back to the player he was before the injury, has done a really good job, making plays and getting the defense lined up and organized.
Not a ton to write home about. Full injury report should come later today. Corey Graham (hammy) and Sidney Jones (hammy) did not practice Thursday.