Anthony and Russ sit down for an exclusive interview with Flyers coach Scott Gordon to discuss:
- The decisions made that have led to the Flyers’ turnaround
- Implementing changes to the team’s tactics on the fly
- How he found out that he’d be taking over and the challenges of taking over mid-season
- Why he enjoyed coaching in the AHL and how this NHL stint has affected his view of coaching at this level
- Challenges in his previous NHL coaching tenures
- Similarities between Sean Couturier and Patrice Bergeron
- The importance of his young players helping to implement game plan wrinkles
- Breaking down an individual player’s game and what he’s learned about coaching
- Choosing his Boston College over Harvard
- Being the first goalie to ever put his water bottle on his net
- Playing in the Olympics
- His favorite arenas
- How he likes to decompress
- The movie “Miracle” and how Jim Craig made his son’s day
Anthony and Russ then discuss some interesting quotes from Shayne Gostisbehere and Scott Gordon’s reaction following the Flyers’ OT winner over the Detroit Red Wings. They also give their thoughts on the Cam Talbot/Anthony Stolarz trade and read new iTunes five star reviews.
Plus, don’t forget to check out “The Press Row Show” with Anthony and Russ for pregame and intermission coverage of Flyers home games LIVE from press row! The show streams on Facebook Live via the Crossing Broad page and Periscope via Anthony’s Twitter account.
Check out the other shows on the Crossing Broad Podcast Network including: Crossing Broadcast: A Philly Sports Podcast, Crossed Up: A Phillies Podcast, It’s Always Soccer in Philadelphia, and Crossing Broad FC: A Soccer Podcast.
Audio after the jump: Continue Reading