Rob Ryan dressed up as a fat bitch for Halloween.
The Eagles? Reader Scott guessed correctly: They went as a playoff team. The full running commentary is on the way, but here are some things you may have missed this weekend.
A couple of quick notes:
– If you weren’t watching the game and drinking $6 pitchers during football Sunday yesterday at Drinker's… well, then you missed out. Every Sunday. And $1 hot dogs during all Eagles games.
- Philly Phaithful will kick off Movember tomorrow. If you buy a t-shirt between Nov. 1- Nov. 30, you fight cancer— it’s that simple. So, while we’ll rarely tell you to NOT purchase a t-shirt today, we would recommend coming back tomorrow, clicking that little link in the top right, and buying one (or two or three or four) shirts to help fight cancer. A Kimmo Timmo, Beer With The Best Finnish shirt would be high on that list.
– Michael Vick, Reggie Jackson, Ilya Bryzgalov and others will all be holding autograph sessions at BC Sports. Details here.
– The Eagles waxed the Cowboys. Marty Mornhinweg takes a swipe at Rob Ryan.
– Scott Hartnell, Jimmy Rollins, and James van Riemsdyk were all in attendance to watch the Union have no gameplan other than attempting home run counters for 90 minutes (really, what the hell? Here, let’s send Le Toux deep and see if he can out-run the defense— DOOPUMB).
– Adam Reigner on how he met Jim Johnson.
– Ryan Howard tailgating at Eagles game.
– If you don’t understand how the MLS Cup playoffs work, here’s a breakdown.
– Here’s Chris Pronger’s eye.
– Bill Lyon, legend, on the Eagles use of the run.
– John Miller on Vick taking charge.
– Bill Belichick wearing a Tony La Russa jersey.
– This is the Marlins’ new hat.
– Here’s a picture of the Occupy Philly folks sleeping in tents outside City Hall: [via @JimMacMillan]
I’m sorry, I know these people have a right to protest, but where in the world does it say anything about their right to set up a tent city in the middle of Philadelphia? These Occupy protests are going to turn into worldwide chaos. Jobless hippies nonstop-picketing in cities around the world? How can this possibly end in disaster?! And I actually agree with many of their beefs. But how about instead of running around cities, complaining about everything and costing tax payers money, they use their jobless time to contribute to society?
Really, I’m just worried that their hippie village outside City Hall is going to ruin Mayor Nutter's Christmas Happy Fun-Time Non-Denominational Theme Park Village, which is one of my favorite things.
– The Larry Mendte-Alycia Lane trial will begin soon. Why do I get the feeling that some lurid, mostly creepy details are about to be revealed. Getting my popcorn. Now.
– ESPN Dallas invokes Santa booing incident (thanks to Dan Gelston for this link).
– Good article on how Jagr handles is duties as owner of a Czech hockey team while playing for the Flyers.
– Our friends from the Hardball Times rank the best baseball postseasons in the Wild Card era. 2011 comes in fifth.