Outstanding Video: Shit Flyers Fans Say

Kyle Scott —  March 9, 2012 — 47 Comments
Screen Shot 2012-03-09 at 9.43.21 AM

No idea who these guys are, but this video, posted to YouTube yesterday, was sent to us last night by (@bsandone). While at times dry, it touches on just about every Flyers fan refrain in existence, mostly in a perfect deadpan.

We’ll give them a mulligan on the awfully distasteful Crosby-Lokomotiv joke at the 5:20 mark. Bonus points for the mostly silent Asian friend, though. That’s a nice touch.

Kyle Scott

Posts Twitter Facebook Google+

Editor

47 responses to Outstanding Video: Shit Flyers Fans Say

1. The Asian Suck March 9, 2012 at 9:59 am

For humor, this video is about a 3 out of 10. Unfortunately, it scores major points for reality, since it’s an accurate depiction of half of this fan base. Fuck…

2. This is awful.

3. Awful. Awful. Awful. Why even post this?

4. I couldn’t even finish watching it. What a waste of a post. So bad..

5. I thought it was genius. Hilarious, and very accurate. Can’t please everyone.

6. The Asian Suck March 9, 2012 at 10:05 am

Mikey D is most likely in the 50% I was referring to…

7. Decent, 5/10…way too long

8. THROW THE BALL DONOVAN!

9. This was terrible. WAYYYYYYYY too long. Could have been edited down to 1 minute and it still would have had 1 funny line.
    GAYYYYYYYYYYYY

10. And people wonder why hockey isnt more popular
    No Love,
    Beez Nutz

11. “he’s american but has a drunk driving record like a canadian.” priceless.

12. Andy (San Diego) March 9, 2012 at 10:26 am

Slow day?

13. Dominic’s Lover March 9, 2012 at 10:31 am

Dominic is gay.

14. I really wouldn’t consider this hilarious, or heck, even funny at that. The most I did was smile once cause I thought, “Yeah I’ve said that.” Video was too long, and it reminded me of all the stupid bandwagon fans out there, which just made it worse. And yeah, that Crosby joke was a bit too much.

15. Wow. This is awful.

16. Down with the Bryzness March 9, 2012 at 10:46 am

ripped off

17. pretty much only 2 good jokes throughout the whole thing “hes got a drunk driving record like a canadian” and “Briere you’re terrible!… OH MY GOD BRIERE! HE’S SO GOOD!” (although you can pretty much put any player there, especially Bryz this month, and itll be true)

18. You’re missing the point… As a non-hockey fan, this is hyseterical. It’s funny as hell, because this is what a good number of the morons in this city sound like. About ALL the sports.

19. I was entertained by it. The LeClair drunk driving joke was especially funny.

20. 3 Finger Lenny March 9, 2012 at 11:05 am

Jeremy Lin is a flyer fan

21. Ed Snider’s Wine March 9, 2012 at 11:11 am

That would’ve been perfect they’d have cut down a lot of it and used some funnier people.

22. Down with the Bryzness March 9, 2012 at 11:24 am

Is this hartnell, mike richards and aaron asham?

23. I think less is more for this video. great concept, a few laughable moments but poor execution.

24. Iron Balls McGinty March 9, 2012 at 11:27 am

How long before this post is taken down like the homo with the bad tats post????

25. They could definitely edit it down to less than two minutes. Those are technically perfect Philly accents.

26. Down with the Bryzness March 9, 2012 at 11:30 am

I saw funnier videos at the Auschwitz memorial

27. the best part was in the very beginning when jeremy lin botched his line

28. This is awful.

29. “all JVR is a constant reminder of how bad we got screwed over in that lottery draft”

30. Look, one of the reasons why these videos went viral (over a month ago) was the quality of the writing and production – they were actually well made videos. While they nailed the disgusting Philly/Southeastern PA accent perfectly, this just wasn’t good. At all.
    My favorite part was when the guy was reading his lines verbatim from the laptop clearly visible on screen.

31. ha i guess the people who dont like this are afraid of the truth. yes this was a bit long, but wow was it dead on! i went to the wings game, first flyers game in a while and i felt like i was in a church, cult like environment. what a bunch of homers who have no idea about the sport. any time a flyer fell people in my section were screaming for a penalty. the best part of the video, which i noticed at every game is on the power play when its just a constant barrage of “shoooooooooot, shoooooooooot” such a joke. yes flyers fans are passionate but id say 90% of them are flyers fans and not hockey fans. complete blind loyalty is ok to a point but it definitely clouds many fan’s minds and makse them look ilke they dont know the game

32. This was the worst video I have ever seen, Everyone is now dumber for having watched this. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

33. Coatesy’s corner was the best part.

34. Since when is our goalies name pronounced “Brees-Galov”…
    The only funny part was the “knock knock” facebook status

35. Imagine this site if the flyers won the lottery that year & drafted Kane instead of jvr

36. Dude needs a woman.

37. AWFUL. such a great concept. ruined. gonna come back with a redemption. just wait

38. Harty for the Hart March 9, 2012 at 4:05 pm

HAHAHAHAHA!!
    Best line… “All JVR is, is a constant reminder of how bad we got screwed over in the lottery draft.”
    Now thats some truth right there.

39. Cherepanov joke was in very poor taste

40. The “Throw the Ball Donovan” line was the Tits!!
    Other than that…. ehhh

41. I wanted this to be funnier.

42. He can’t pronounce half the damn names. I know half of the players are Russian, but you can figure out how to say a last name.

43. Frank the Killer March 9, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Fukking embarrassing…..Larry Fine’s great grandson smacking the heebs ass…gay.

44. I’m not gonna lie. I cracked up. hahaha Reminds me of so many of my guy friends from back in jersey.

45. “he’s an american but he’s got a drunk driving record like a canadian’ haha

46. pretty sure they were mispronouncing the names on purpose because have you ever heard an old man in a philly sports bar? dead on.

47. That was funny