Doug Collins Was Fined For Calling A Referee An “Asshole”

Kyle Scott —  April 24, 2012 — 13 Comments

A little late to this, but I’m assuming that you aren’t trolling the Internet for Sixers stories (or watching their descent into mediocrity on a nightly basis).

Doug Collins was fined $15,000 yesterday for this, calling a referee an "asshole" on Saturday night:

He apologized [via Philly.com]

"I don't ever want to get fined. I've been in the NBA for 40 years," Collins said. "It was sort of a buildup over a few things. It wasn't one thing, it was sort of a buildup. It was an emotional game, and we were able to win the game and stuff. I didn't leave the court in a timely fashion, and I should have been fined. The league did what they should have done, and I apologized."

Your day may now continue without incident.

Kyle Scott

Posts Twitter Facebook Google+

Editor

13 responses to Doug Collins Was Fined For Calling A Referee An “Asshole”

1. That will make for a nice sound bite. lol

2. Who’s Doug Collins?

3. Would’ve been better if he was talking to Iggy
    Doug, Lou, Thad and The Old Chevy are the only ones who care still.
    Love,
    Beez Nutz

4. ThePhillyFlash April 24, 2012 at 1:08 pm

$15,000 for an insult? Are you serious? I’ll bet Ron Artest didn’t get that much for elbowing James Harden in the head the other day.

5. how do all these far less important stories keep getting posted and yet there is nothing on the retirement of the greatest eagle of our generation?

6. evaporationboy April 24, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Eagle? We’re talking sports, not wild animals.

7. ThePhillyFlash April 24, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Eagles aren’t animals, evaporationboy, they’re birds. Quite a substantial difference.

8. evaporationboy April 24, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Birds are animals. Not so substantial.

9. ThePhillyFlash April 24, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Ahh! But spiders AREN’T insects! Another substantial difference.

10. evaporationboy April 24, 2012 at 2:51 pm

Actually, that would be the first substantial difference you’ve mentioned, however random it may be.

11. ThePhillyFlash April 24, 2012 at 2:53 pm

And I thank you for the compliment. Much obliged.

12. @ThePhillyFlash are you serious? birds aren’t animals? might want to brush up on your phylogeny since that 1st grade refresher course.

13. Who are these…..Sixers?