Report: Flyers Made an Offer to Shane Doan, Too

Kyle Scott —  July 19, 2012 — 19 Comments

Screen Shot 2012-07-19 at 2.33.15 PM
Homer has gun.

On WIP, Glen Macnow is reporting that the Flyers, along with the Rangers and Pengiuns, have made an offer to unrestricted free agent Shane Doan. No details on the offer were given.

Doan, 35, has been the Coyotes captain since 2003-2004 and is part of a second-tier of NHL free agents available this summer. Doan’s scored at least 50 points in each of the last nine seasons.

Here’s what Macnow had to say (calls him a restricted free agent, but Doan is an unrestricted free agent). Audio courtesy WIP.

Homer has his PS3 on and anything is possible.

Kyle Scott

Posts Twitter Facebook Google+

Editor

19 responses to Report: Flyers Made an Offer to Shane Doan, Too

1. So hard right now

2. Macnow didn’t even know that he was a UFA. I call BS. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were interested in Doan, but he doesn’t seem all that interested in signing with an East team.
    And who knows if he got along with Bryzgalov out there since everyone apparently hated him in Phoenix.

3. The Biggest Flyers Fan in the world behind all other Flyers fans. July 19, 2012 at 2:42 pm

I’d rather have Weber/Doan over Suter/Parise any day.

4. Blood Fountain July 19, 2012 at 2:42 pm

InB4 Rhea Hughes and Angelo Cataldi trolls show up and continue to disgrace themselves.

5. I’m all for signing Doan as long as it doesn’t affect Voracek getting the deal he deserves.

6. Chance- Vice President in Command of the GnA Falcons July 19, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Doan is close to being cooked but I think we can squeeze a bit more thread out of his tires

7. id love him, but with weber we aint got the cap room. we have to move mesz just to keep voracek right now. which better happen.

8. “Homer has his PS3 is on and anything is possible.”
    dafuq did I just read?

9. I HAZ MAI PS360 IZ ON GUYTHZ

10. I have a source that said Macnow was actually talking to me before saying this. e4
    More to come…

11. Chance- Vice President in Command of the GnA Falcons July 19, 2012 at 3:22 pm

What’s up with Mike Miss & these stupid trivia family fued type games he’s been doing recently???
    He’s becoming unbearable to listen to with that crap. terrible radio

12. Just like Macnow to get his fact straight.

13. Doan plays dirt-bag hockey, leave him to rot in the dipshit-wonderland called Arizona.

14. please stop with these imposters. It is really damaging my rep.
    Back to the biz… just had a coffee frap with sources at starbucks…hearing flyers in on doan but may pull out pending weber…if they get weber, will resign voracek and bet set for season…more to come
    cheers

15. Eklund’s Dad July 19, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Son,
    Don’t eat your Play-doh

16. Eklund you’re an ass-clown.

17. Chance- Vice President in Command of the GnA Falcons July 19, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Eklund needs to beat it