Most Obvious Report Ever: Flyers Considering Buying Bryz Out

Kyle Scott —  June 14, 2013 — 14 Comments

Screen Shot 2013-04-12 at 9.05.33 AMSome chatter of late – or, in some cases, since January – that the Flyers plan on using one of their two amnesty cards to buy out Bryz. They can’t officially do it until 48 hours after the completion of the Stanley Cup Finals, but it seems as though it’s looking more and more likely that they will.

From Tim Panaccio:

The ice under which Ilya Bryzgalov has been standing in goal for the Flyers has developed some cracks.

Despite a solid endorsement from club chairman Ed Snider in late March, followed by a more tepid one in May, the Flyers have begun an internal discussion on whether to add Bryzgalov to the two compliance buyouts this summer, according to sources within the team.

Pannacio goes on to say that the team hasn’t made up their mind yet, but that the potential is certainly there. No shit.

Kyle Scott

Posts Twitter Facebook Google+

Editor

14 responses to Most Obvious Report Ever: Flyers Considering Buying Bryz Out

1. A 2.79 GAA is not worthy of a 5.6 mil contract bryz. I considered myself one of the few “supporters” of him but that run of late made me turn my nose and the constant shit talking he does of the city except for the historical side of it. Go sit the bench somewhere bryz or please go back to Russia.

• Jimmy Russell June 14, 2013 at 4:20 pm

his shit talking about the animals in this city was accurate. i was with him til he said Stalin was a respectable person or something. fuckin commies

he would have had to win the cup twice to justify that contract.

2. i purposely answer every single survey question wrong.

3. Tim Pinaccio is a poor excuse for a sports writer. His articles are terrible, riddled with typos, wrong stats, and his knowledge of the game is mediocre at best. As for bryz, it’s about time he goes. He wasn’t terrible like everyone thinks he was, but he’s simply not worth the cap hit anymore, especially with our needs on defense. If they buy out bryz and Danny B, sign streit and make another acquisition on defense I think we’ll be good for next year.

• Jimmy Russell June 14, 2013 at 4:23 pm

all that said, Pinach is actually one of the better writers. not hard when you’re competing against Fatty Frank and bore-me-to-death Carchidi

4. But wait, what about the great scoop that Eskin got when he announced that Bryz was staying because Peter Luukko told him he was. Eskin was walking around like a proud peacock after that one.

5. ThePhillyFlash June 14, 2013 at 4:39 pm

Can’t say this comes as any great surprise. Chances are Bryzgalov might just dodge the amnesty bullet, but if the Flyers use it on him, they DAMN well better have a solid replacement in mind, and I don’t mean Steve Mason either.

6. Lafferty, Daniel June 14, 2013 at 8:50 pm

I don’t consider Bryzgalov the biggest of the Flyers’ problems, but I’d rather see them amnesty him this offseason. If he gets hurts next season then they’d be stuck him. Having Bryzgalov in 2017 is the darkest timeline.

7. Maybe they will buy out Ryan Howard’s too!

8. I gained a lot of respect for Bryz when he called the blacks in Philly animals!! He’s was so on with that comment

9. Bryz’s taint June 15, 2013 at 7:27 am

The blacks in Philly are animals. I lived in an all white neighborhood then blacks started moving in and it went to shit. Also, any white girl who bangs a black is a disgusting pig

10. Give me a break Panaccio, he’s been saying all along that the Flyers will NOT amnesty Bryz. Now he breaks a story saying they will. Pick one genius.

11. Frank Valliser June 15, 2013 at 9:57 am

Bryz once asked me, did black people ever improve the once white neighborhoods they moved into? I said no

12. I would like to read Candy on the Oaks take on this